Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Making white chocolate

Anyone have a tried and true recipe for making white chocolate from
cocoa butter? Yes, yes, I know, "why don't you just Google for it, you
idiot?", but I'd like to see a recipe that someone here has actually
made, and who liked it. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa butter....

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

> For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa butter....

It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
me, hate it.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>> For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa
>> butter....
>>

> It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
> me, hate it.

Grease is the word.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 8:28:05 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
> > For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa butter....
> >

> It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
> me, hate it.

It has one of the components of chocolate, cocoa butter, but not cocoa.
Instead, it is flavored with vanilla. You have zero credibility using the
word, "Grease," since you don't fry.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/30/2015 5:55 PM, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 8:28:05 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa butter....
>>>

>> It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
>> me, hate it.
>>

> It has one of the components of chocolate, cocoa butter, but not cocoa.
> Instead, it is flavored with vanilla. You have zero credibility using the
> word, "Grease," since you don't fry.
>
> --Bryan

Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, but I think white chocolate is
horrid stuff. Vanilla grease?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:55:29 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 8:28:05 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa butter....
> > >

> > It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
> > me, hate it.
> >

> It has one of the components of chocolate, cocoa butter, but not cocoa.
> Instead, it is flavored with vanilla. You have zero credibility using the
> word, "Grease," since you don't fry.

That's a stupid thing to say.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2015 12:33 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:55:29 -0800 (PST), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 8:28:05 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
>>> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2

>>> It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
>>> me, hate it.
>>>

>> It has one of the components of chocolate, cocoa butter, but not cocoa.
>> Instead, it is flavored with vanilla. You have zero credibility using the
>> word, "Grease," since you don't fry.
>>

> That's a stupid thing to say.

Consider the source, sf.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-31, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, but I think white chocolate is
> horrid stuff. Vanilla grease?

White chocolate is rarely used by itself. Even Lindt, which makes the
best wht choco, IMO, uses an equally wht almond paste in it's
offerings so there is a very tasty component to their wht choco. I also
see wht choco chunks in cookies, but it's usually with a lotta nuts
(often macadamia) to provide texture and in a dark choco dough for flavor.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 11:29:42 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, but I think white chocolate is
> horrid stuff. Vanilla grease?

White chocolate flavor varies by brand and even by type within brand. Yes, the big companies that supply wholesale chocolate to smaller companies will have several different types of white chocolate. Believe me, they taste different, they also have different tempering and viscosity characteristics depending on what you are trying to do with it. Folks making 10,000 truffles a day on big production machinery are more concerned with the viscosity, etc. than flavor.

My wife uses Peter's white chocolate because it tastes better. Most of her other chocolate is one type of Wilbur or another. Though both Peter's and Wilbur are the same company these days.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, VA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bwrrryan wrote:
>sf wrote:

>> > It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
>> > me, hate it.
>> >

>> It has one of the components of chocolate, cocoa butter, but not cocoa.
>> Instead, it is flavored with vanilla. You have zero credibility using the
>> word, "Grease," since you don't fry.
>>

>That's a stupid thing to say.

I hear yoose faggots use white chocolate as an anal sex lubricant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 12:58:35 PM UTC-6, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Bwrrryan wrote:
> >sf wrote:

> >> It has one of the components of chocolate, cocoa butter, but not cocoa.
> >> Instead, it is flavored with vanilla. You have zero credibility using the
> >> word, "Grease," since you don't fry.
> >>

> >That's a stupid thing to say.

> I hear yoose faggots use white chocolate as an anal sex lubricant.

Says the man who went from an incestuous homosexual relationship with
his brother to enlist in the Navy, which of all the armed services is
known for buggery.

One thing folks are curious about though, did you spit or did you
swallow?

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Travis McGee wrote:
> Anyone have a tried and true recipe for making white chocolate from
> cocoa butter? Yes, yes, I know, "why don't you just Google for it, you
> idiot?", but I'd like to see a recipe that someone here has actually
> made, and who liked it. Thanks.

Do you want the end product to eat as a candy? Or so you want to
incorporate it into a recipe? I ask because if it's the latter, you
don't have to make the chocolate. You can just use the ingredients.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2015 11:01 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> Travis McGee wrote:
>> Anyone have a tried and true recipe for making white chocolate from
>> cocoa butter? Yes, yes, I know, "why don't you just Google for it, you
>> idiot?", but I'd like to see a recipe that someone here has actually
>> made, and who liked it. Thanks.

> Do you want the end product to eat as a candy? Or so you want to
> incorporate it into a recipe? I ask because if it's the latter, you
> don't have to make the chocolate. You can just use the ingredients.

I had in mind eating it as a candy, and also for using in things like
macadamia nut cookies, where I would use it as small chunks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/31/2015 8:39 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2015-01-31, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, but I think white chocolate is
>> horrid stuff. Vanilla grease?

> White chocolate is rarely used by itself. Even Lindt, which makes the
> best wht choco, IMO, uses an equally wht almond paste in it's
> offerings so there is a very tasty component to their wht choco.

Flavorwise, eating white chocolate is just as thrilling as eating
paper. Better texture, though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Travis McGee wrote:
> On 1/31/2015 11:01 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>> Travis McGee wrote:
>>> Anyone have a tried and true recipe for making white chocolate from
>>> cocoa butter? Yes, yes, I know, "why don't you just Google for it, you
>>> idiot?", but I'd like to see a recipe that someone here has actually
>>> made, and who liked it. Thanks.

>> Do you want the end product to eat as a candy? Or so you want to
>> incorporate it into a recipe? I ask because if it's the latter, you
>> don't have to make the chocolate. You can just use the ingredients.

> I had in mind eating it as a candy, and also for using in things like
> macadamia nut cookies, where I would use it as small chunks.

Ah. So you actually do have to make it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 06:27:53 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 05:25:46 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:
>
>> For some reason, I thought white chocolate didn't have cocoa butter....
>>

>It has cocoa butter, but no actual chocolate. Tastes like grease to
>me, hate it.

I'm happy eating most white chocolate but it has nothing chocolate
about it, nutritionally it's like eating butter.

J.