Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soft chalupa

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:47:35 -0500, Doris Night
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:33:05 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>>Yikes! I can't even imagine such a place.

>>We don't eat out much at all, but when we do, there are a lot of very
>>good restaurants to choose from, with very good chefs. I don't think
>>I'd want to waste my eating-out money on Mexican food.
>>
>>Doris

> There's more to it than tacos and chalupas, but that is what you see
> at fast food restaurants that are under discussion. There are white
> tablecloth restaurants for every kind of cuisine.
> Janet US

The very best Mexican food place I know of here is a taqueria. It is in
fact housed in a former Taco Bell. If they could somehow expand to three
times their current size, I am sure they would still be packed all the time.
No, the food is not fancy but it just plain tastes good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:37:48 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2015-01-21 11:47 AM, Doris Night wrote:
>>

>>> We don't eat out much at all, but when we do, there are a lot of very
>>> good restaurants to choose from, with very good chefs. I don't think
>>> I'd want to waste my eating-out money on Mexican food.
>>>

>>You would especially not want to go out for Mexican food around here.
>>There are very few Mexican restaurants around. Those we have are
>>basically Tex Mex, and I think they are too expensive for the type of
>>food products they are serving. Corn, beans, rice, hamburger.....
>>should be a lot cheaper that they are asking. IMO.

> The closest thing to Mexican around here is a Lone Star in Belleville,
> which is a Tex Mex chain restaurant. It's about an hour's drive from
> my house, so not much chance we'll ever be going there.

Those are the kinds of places I try to avoid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2015-01-21, Dave Smith > wrote:
>
>> You would especially not want to go out for Mexican food around here.
>> There are very few Mexican restaurants around. Those we have are
>> basically Tex Mex, and I think they are too expensive for the type of
>> food products they are serving. Corn, beans, rice, hamburger.....
>> should be a lot cheaper that they are asking. IMO.

> Likewise, here in CO.
>
> Gotta big surpise, living in CO. Lotta Mexican heritage and
> influence, but food, not so much. Even the local KFC/TB franchise died.
> That's the second fastfood place in the last yr! We're in economic
> recovery? Really? Anyway, I've yet to patronize any one of the local
> mom/pop Mexican places. Eight freakin' dollars for a rice/bean/meat
> burrito!? Not off this gringo!

I was surprised to see what they call a sopapilla in CO. It was a
bread/roll type thing that you poke a hole in and put honey in. Here it is
a fried flour tortilla with cinnamon and sugar on it. May or may not have
syrup poured on, the addition of fruit, whipped cream or ice cream,
depending on the restaurant.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:37:48 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2015-01-21 11:47 AM, Doris Night wrote:
>>

>>> We don't eat out much at all, but when we do, there are a lot of very
>>> good restaurants to choose from, with very good chefs. I don't think
>>> I'd want to waste my eating-out money on Mexican food.
>>>

>>You would especially not want to go out for Mexican food around here.
>>There are very few Mexican restaurants around. Those we have are
>>basically Tex Mex.

> Just about every Mexican restaurant in the US is actually Tex-Mex.
> The thing is Mexico is a big country with many cusines, there is no
> one Mexican food anymore than there is one Italian food or one Chinese
> food.

There is much dispute as to what Tex-Mex really is. The owner of this
restaurant tries to offer healthy dishes so not all of what is on his menu
might be considered traditional Mexican food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 06:21:02 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:12:10 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>>

> snip

>>> Where do they make tacos with flour tortillas?

>>Anywhere.

> taco definition:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco
>
> Hey, sf: Do you remember the thread about whole wheat flour that was
> so special that no one else had ever seen or used it and it required
> that one special recipe that was like no other? This thread is the
> twin to that.
> Janet US

No, it's not akin to that at all. I put up links about the flour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:12:10 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"sf" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:44:20 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> That would be a soft taco.

>>Where do they make tacos with flour tortillas?

> Everywhere.
> Homemade Flour Tortillas Recipe - Allrecipes.com
>
> allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-flour-tortillas/ - Similar to Homemade
> Flour Tortillas Recipe - Allrecipes.com
> Rating: 4.5/5 - 696 Reviews - 1 hr - 86 calories
> This homemade **flour tortilla** recipe produces warm and soft
> tortillas **perfect for soft tacos** or burritos.
>
> Should be obvious to everyone why your husband seeks as little
> interaction with you as possible... you're a nasty obstinate creature,
> you've no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

If you order tacos in a restaurant here, they will come on either corn
tortillas (street style) or the Americanized crisp style.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:07:19 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>> >
>> > Just to be crystal clear, you're talking about what the arrow is
>> > pointing at? http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s9ot45&s=8
>> > That's a fried flour tortilla. Sheesh.

>> Yes. That is what a standard chalupa is here. They are greasy and that
>> is
>> *not* what I want. What I want is what I can't find a pic of.

> If you can't find a picture and won't take a picture, you're out of
> luck. I know what the chalupas I ate looked like and I'm not finding
> them either. They were appetizer sized, not humongous things I saw on
> the internet. They were shaped like this little boat and filled.
> http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7398/...199624acfa.jpg

Obviously nobody here knows what I am talking about and my taking a pic of
it wouldn't help in that regard. They could only see it and not taste it.
So... As far as I'm concerned, this is over.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 6:11:26 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Obviously nobody here knows what I am talking about and my taking a pic
>> of
>> it wouldn't help in that regard. They could only see it and not taste
>> it.
>> So... As far as I'm concerned, this is over.
>>

> I know exactly what you are talking about, I just don't know how to
> prepare them.

I am glad somebody knows! I tried it again a little while ago in the
skillet, using a low heat and leaving it in for longer. The taste was
perfect but I couldn't get it out of the skillet in one piece.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>"Janet B" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:47:35 -0500, Doris Night
>> > wrote:

m...

>>>We don't eat out much at all, but when we do, there are a lot of very
>>>good restaurants to choose from, with very good chefs. I don't think
>>>I'd want to waste my eating-out money on Mexican food.
>>>
>>>Doris

>> There's more to it than tacos and chalupas, but that is what you see
>> at fast food restaurants that are under discussion. There are white
>> tablecloth restaurants for every kind of cuisine.

Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.

Same general thing with Italian food. I don't eat much Italian food
because (in most Italian restaurants, anyway) it seems to be just some
form of pasta with various things piled on. It's too expensive for
what you get.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2015 10:38 PM, Doris Night wrote:

> Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
> flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
> other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.

Ha, I was just saying that the other day, 'Mexican' restaurants
have long menus of items that are differentiated by how it's folded,
or it it's fried, whatever. The ingredients are pretty much the
same. I posted that once and I seem to remember having my head
handed to me.

> Same general thing with Italian food. I don't eat much Italian food
> because (in most Italian restaurants, anyway) it seems to be just some
> form of pasta with various things piled on. It's too expensive for
> what you get.

We call those red sauce restaurants. There are plenty of those
around.

But, if you're lucky, you'll find more authentic Italian places,
and I imagine it's the same with Mexican restaurants.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> >"Janet B" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:47:35 -0500, Doris Night

om...

>>> There's more to it than tacos and chalupas, but that is what you see
>>> at fast food restaurants that are under discussion. There are white
>>> tablecloth restaurants for every kind of cuisine.

> Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
> flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
> other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.

Then you haven't eaten much of it. There are all kinds of soups, stews,
meat and fish dishes. Mexicans eat a lot of seafood! Not much cup of tea
but there is a popular dish here that is a soup served cold with many kinds
of seafood in it. Also things like Aroz Con Pollo which is chicken and
mushrooms with rice. Steak in all sorts of ways. Pickled vegetables,
cactus, eggs...

> Same general thing with Italian food. I don't eat much Italian food
> because (in most Italian restaurants, anyway) it seems to be just some
> form of pasta with various things piled on. It's too expensive for
> what you get.

That's not true either! Pasta is but one course in an Italian meal.
Italians eat a lot of seafood as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/21/2015 10:38 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>
>> Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
>> flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
>> other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.

> Ha, I was just saying that the other day, 'Mexican' restaurants
> have long menus of items that are differentiated by how it's folded,
> or it it's fried, whatever. The ingredients are pretty much the
> same. I posted that once and I seem to remember having my head
> handed to me.

That's because it's just not true.

>> Same general thing with Italian food. I don't eat much Italian food
>> because (in most Italian restaurants, anyway) it seems to be just some
>> form of pasta with various things piled on. It's too expensive for
>> what you get.

> We call those red sauce restaurants. There are plenty of those
> around.

There are not that many here that I know of but then we don't have a large
Italian population here.

> But, if you're lucky, you'll find more authentic Italian places,
> and I imagine it's the same with Mexican restaurants.

Yes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-21 22:38, Doris Night wrote:

>>> There's more to it than tacos and chalupas, but that is what you see
>>> at fast food restaurants that are under discussion. There are white
>>> tablecloth restaurants for every kind of cuisine.

> Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
> flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
> other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.
>
> Same general thing with Italian food. I don't eat much Italian food
> because (in most Italian restaurants, anyway) it seems to be just some
> form of pasta with various things piled on. It's too expensive for
> what you get.

So true about Italian foods. That is the reason I don't go out for it.
It is cheap and easy to make at home. I suppose that if you had
hankering for some good lasagne, and there was a place that actually
served a good one, it cost less than making a tray full of the stuff
that you are going to be eating all week. I have been sucked into going
to an Italian restaurant with friends who said they had incredible
lasagne, but it turned out to be little more that layers of pasta and
sauce. Just not worth it. I can make pasta at home for cheap and with
little work.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-01-21 22:44, Nancy Young wrote:

> We call those red sauce restaurants. There are plenty of those
> around.
>
> But, if you're lucky, you'll find more authentic Italian places,
> and I imagine it's the same with Mexican restaurants.

I was only in Italy for a couple days and it was pretty much the same
there in my admittedly limited experience. Red sauce and pasta.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:38:36 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:

snip

>Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
>flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
>other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.

snip

>Doris

I only grabbed 2. Although not what I would call really high end
Mexican food, they are outside your perception of Mexican food.

CHILI EN NOGADA
1/27/2013
A wonderful dish consisting of a green chile, white walnut sauce and
red pomegranate- the colors of the Mexican flag. This dish is a
Mexican Independence day favorite.
Ingredients:
" 6 large green chiles, for stuffing
" 3/4 cup crema or sour cream
" 1/2 teaspoon sugar
" 1/4 cup evaporated milk
" 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
" 1 pomegranate, seeds separated
" 1/2 lb ground pork or beef
" 3 garlic cloves
" 1/4 of an onion, peeled and diced
" 1 tablespoon lard or vegetable oil
" 1 apple, peeled, cored and seeded, coarsely chopped
" 2 tablespoons unsalted almonds, chopped
" 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
" pinch of nutmeg
" 1/4 teaspoon cumin
" 1 bunch fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
" 2 tablespoons raisins, softened in warm water
" 3 eggs
Preparation:
Roast the chiles and remove the skins and seeds.
Heat the oil or lard over medium heat in a large pan. Add in the beef
or pork and brown until nearly done. Add in the garlic, onion, apple,
almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, pinch of salt and pepper and cook
for about 5 minutes.
Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks with a mixer or a whisk. Fold in
the egg yolks and a pinch of salt. Dip each stuffed chile in the egg
mixture and fry until golden brown.
Stuff the chiles with equal portions of the stuffing. Blend or mix the
crema, walnuts and sugar with the evaporated milk. Pour over the
freshly cooked chiles and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.

Arroz Con Polo
8 chicken thighs (about 6 oz. each)
1 tablespoon chili powder
About 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 white onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 fresh jalapeño chiles (1 1/2 to 2 oz. total), rinsed, stemmed, and
thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
1 can (14 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1 3/4 cups (9 oz.) frozen corn kernels
1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
Preparation
1. Remove skin from chicken. Trim off and discard excess fat. Rinse
chicken and pat dry. Rub chili powder all over pieces.
2. Set a 12-inch frying pan with 2-inch-tall sides or a 5- to 6-quart
pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add oil and tilt pan to coat
bottom. Add chicken in a single layer and turn as needed to brown on
both sides, 10 to 12 minutes total (if necessary, brown in two
batches, adding 1 more tablespoon oil if needed). Transfer to a plate.
3. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño chiles to pan; stir often until
onion is limp, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add rice;
stir often until rice is opaque, about 3 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes
(including juices), corn, and 1/4 cup mint. Bring to a boil over high
heat.
4. Lay chicken pieces slightly apart in pan. Reduce heat to low, cover
pan, and cook until rice is tender to bite and chicken is no longer
pink at the bone (cut to test), 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with
remaining mint and add salt to taste.

Here's a whole bunch of meat recipes prepared enticeinly Mexican
style.
http://www.mexicanrecipes.me/mexicanmeatrecipes.htm
or
http://tinyurl.com/n3xfjoz
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 21:21:10 -0700, Janet B >
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 22:38:36 -0500, Doris Night
> wrote:
>
>snip
>>
>>Mexican food, to me, seems like nothing but some form of corn or wheat
>>flatbread ( tacos, burritos,fajitas etc) with beans and a couple of
>>other things piled on. There doesn't seem to be much variation.
>>

>snip
>>
>>Doris

>I only grabbed 2. Although not what I would call really high end
>Mexican food, they are outside your perception of Mexican food.
>
>Here's a whole bunch of meat recipes prepared enticeinly Mexican
>style.
>http://www.mexicanrecipes.me/mexicanmeatrecipes.htm
>or
>http://tinyurl.com/n3xfjoz
>Janet US

Who knew. Thanks, Janet. Those sound good.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:20:38 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 18:00:34 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> > > Oh, good grief! There is no difference whatsoever in outcome between
> > > the two and neither will give you what you're supposedly asking for.
> > >

> > Oh good grief. Move on. You know she is a retard.

> Who is the retard? You still haven't figured out where the kill
> button is.

Maybe Andy had a kill button, but Julie's leather hide...

The best we can hope for is that the next nail will be covered in some
species of Clostridium.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:22:38 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

It's Jeopardy!

Alex: And the answer is...

> Anywhere but here!

Contestant: Where is where the majority of folks on rfc wish that
Julie Bove was?

Alex: Correct!

Contestant: Rusty Nails for eight hundred please.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2015 11:08 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Ha, I was just saying that the other day, 'Mexican' restaurants
>> have long menus of items that are differentiated by how it's folded,
>> or it it's fried, whatever. The ingredients are pretty much the
>> same. I posted that once and I seem to remember having my head
>> handed to me.

> That's because it's just not true.

How the hell would you know what items I've seen on
restaurant menus?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/21/2015 11:08 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Ha, I was just saying that the other day, 'Mexican' restaurants
>>> have long menus of items that are differentiated by how it's folded,
>>> or it it's fried, whatever. The ingredients are pretty much the
>>> same. I posted that once and I seem to remember having my head
>>> handed to me.

>> That's because it's just not true.

> How the hell would you know what items I've seen on
> restaurant menus?

I don't. The part that's not true is that that Mexican food is the same but
different because of how it is folded or fried or whatever.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:14:51 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> > On 1/21/2015 11:08 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >>
> >> "Nancy Young" > wrote

> >> That's because it's just not true.

> > How the hell would you know what items I've seen on
> > restaurant menus?

> I don't. The part that's not true is that that Mexican food is the same but
> different because of how it is folded or fried or whatever.

I thought she was saying those were categories on the menu.

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:14:51 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>> > How the hell would you know what items I've seen on
>> > restaurant menus?

>> I don't. The part that's not true is that that Mexican food is the same
>> but
>> different because of how it is folded or fried or whatever.

> I thought she was saying those were categories on the menu.

I've never seen categories called "fried" or "folded".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:45:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:14:51 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> I don't. The part that's not true is that that Mexican food is the same
> >> but
> >> different because of how it is folded or fried or whatever.

> > I thought she was saying those were categories on the menu.

> I've never seen categories called "fried" or "folded".

It was probably quite a few years ago in an area where Mexican food is
unusual or at least was at that point in time and most of the menu
items were just as she says: rice, beans, tortilla, choice of meat
(maybe shrimp/prawns, but probably not).

--
A kitchen without a cook is just a room
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2015 6:46 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:45:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote

>>> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:14:51 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> I thought she was saying those were categories on the menu.

>> I've never seen categories called "fried" or "folded".

> It was probably quite a few years ago in an area where Mexican food is
> unusual or at least was at that point in time and most of the menu
> items were just as she says: rice, beans, tortilla, choice of meat
> (maybe shrimp/prawns, but probably not).

I didn't say that Mexican food is the same but different for the
preparation. I said, like red sauce restaurants are to Italian,
that there are more authentic restaurants somewhere. Meanwhile,
and notice I put "Mexican" in quotes, here it involves mostly
beef/pork/chicken/shrimp on a tortilla with beans, cheese, other
toppings. Be it folded(taco), rolled(fajitas, burritos, etc), fried,
completely enclosed(burrito, the fact remains the ingredients in
almost everything on the menu is pretty much the same.

I put Mexican in quotes because I know actual Mexican cuisine
is more varied than that.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:45:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:14:51 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>> > I thought she was saying those were categories on the menu.

>> I've never seen categories called "fried" or "folded".

> It was probably quite a few years ago in an area where Mexican food is
> unusual or at least was at that point in time and most of the menu
> items were just as she says: rice, beans, tortilla, choice of meat
> (maybe shrimp/prawns, but probably not).

That could be. I remember what passed as Mexican food in NY and on Cape Cod
was laughable. At least when I lived at those places.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 1/23/2015 6:46 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:45:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> "sf" > wrote

>>> I've never seen categories called "fried" or "folded".

>> It was probably quite a few years ago in an area where Mexican food is
>> unusual or at least was at that point in time and most of the menu
>> items were just as she says: rice, beans, tortilla, choice of meat
>> (maybe shrimp/prawns, but probably not).

> I didn't say that Mexican food is the same but different for the
> preparation. I said, like red sauce restaurants are to Italian,
> that there are more authentic restaurants somewhere. Meanwhile,
> and notice I put "Mexican" in quotes, here it involves mostly
> beef/pork/chicken/shrimp on a tortilla with beans, cheese, other
> toppings. Be it folded(taco), rolled(fajitas, burritos, etc), fried,
> completely enclosed(burrito, the fact remains the ingredients in
> almost everything on the menu is pretty much the same.
>
> I put Mexican in quotes because I know actual Mexican cuisine
> is more varied than that.
>
> nancy

That's sad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:02:52 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 1/23/2015 6:46 AM, sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 23:45:32 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> It was probably quite a few years ago in an area where Mexican food is
>>> unusual or at least was at that point in time and most of the menu
>>> items were just as she says: rice, beans, tortilla, choice of meat
>>> (maybe shrimp/prawns, but probably not).

>> I didn't say that Mexican food is the same but different for the
>> preparation. I said, like red sauce restaurants are to Italian,
>> that there are more authentic restaurants somewhere. Meanwhile,
>> and notice I put "Mexican" in quotes, here it involves mostly
>> beef/pork/chicken/shrimp on a tortilla with beans, cheese, other
>> toppings. Be it folded(taco), rolled(fajitas, burritos, etc), fried,
>> completely enclosed(burrito, the fact remains the ingredients in
>> almost everything on the menu is pretty much the same.
>>
>> I put Mexican in quotes because I know actual Mexican cuisine
>> is more varied than that.
>>
>> nancy

>That's sad.

What's sad is you, Bove ****.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2015 5:54 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:02:52 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> I didn't say that Mexican food is the same but different for the
>>> preparation. I said, like red sauce restaurants are to Italian,
>>> that there are more authentic restaurants somewhere. Meanwhile,
>>> and notice I put "Mexican" in quotes, here it involves mostly
>>> beef/pork/chicken/shrimp on a tortilla with beans, cheese, other
>>> toppings. Be it folded(taco), rolled(fajitas, burritos, etc), fried,
>>> completely enclosed(burrito, the fact remains the ingredients in
>>> almost everything on the menu is pretty much the same.
>>>
>>> I put Mexican in quotes because I know actual Mexican cuisine
>>> is more varied than that.

>> That's sad.

> What's sad is you, Bove ****.

Especially as a quick glance at a 'Mexican' menu in Bothell
looks about the same.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:25:11 -0500, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 1/23/2015 5:54 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:02:52 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> That's sad.

>> What's sad is you, Bove.

>Especially as a quick glance at a 'Mexican' menu in Bothell
>looks about the same.
>
>nancy

The Bove is a fraud, she's never cooked anything, she's obviously a
fast food freak. I've never seen anything she's cooked, have you?