Old 21-10-2014, 03:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grubs in rice - anything to worry about?

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?
=====

Old 21-10-2014, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" wrote in message
I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which I remove
before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?
=====

Ew. There are probably eggs in there too. I wouldn't buy that kind any
more.

Old 21-10-2014, 03:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, October 20, 2014 9:06:10 PM UTC-5, Roy wrote:

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?

Learn to store your grains properly and you won't be seeing those nasty things in your food. Yuck.

Old 21-10-2014, 04:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/20/2014 4:06 PM, Roy wrote:
I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?
=====

Just wash your rice, cook it up, and then dig in!

Old 21-10-2014, 07:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
says...

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?
=====

Only if you have a grain of rice for a brain.

Janet UK
Old 21-10-2014, 05:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/21/2014 1:01 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
Roy wrote:

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which
I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?

That's your assurance it's organic.

Yum! Dried grubs in rice! I'll jump right on that bandwagon!

Jill
Old 21-10-2014, 06:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old 21-10-2014, 06:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which

I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?

That's your assurance it's organic.

Yum! Dried grubs in rice! I'll jump right on that bandwagon!

Jill

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It seems like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way in and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars or freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===
Old 21-10-2014, 06:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which

I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?

That's your assurance it's organic.

Yum! Dried grubs in rice! I'll jump right on that bandwagon!

Jill

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It seems
like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way in
and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars or
freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===

maybe the egg came with the rice and when you seal the rice you seal the egg
with it.

Old 21-10-2014, 06:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which

I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?

That's your assurance it's organic.

Yum! Dried grubs in rice! I'll jump right on that bandwagon!

Jill

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It seems like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way in and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars or freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===

Probably the eggs are already present in your rice. All you can do is
prevent them from hatching. Keep your rice, flour and similar, dry
and cool or frozen. Aside from standing out in the field with bugs
crawling on them, grains have lots of opportunities for accumulation
of insect eggs after harvest.
Janet US
Old 21-10-2014, 06:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:19:23 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It seems
like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way in
and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars or
freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===

maybe the egg came with the rice and when you seal the rice you seal the egg
with it.

That's why freezing, even for a few days, will help.

Old 21-10-2014, 06:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It
seems
like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way
in
and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars
or
freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===

maybe the egg came with the rice and when you seal the rice you seal the
egg
with it.

That's why freezing, even for a few days, will help.

yep, I was trying to give him the "ah-hah!" moment.

Old 21-10-2014, 06:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Roy" wrote in message

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It
seems
like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way
in
and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars
or
freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===

maybe the egg came with the rice and when you seal the rice you seal the
egg
with it.

That's why freezing, even for a few days, will help.

yep, I was trying to give him the "ah-hah!" moment.

Ooops, sorry I spoiled it.

Old 21-10-2014, 08:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-10-20 10:06 PM, Roy wrote:
I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?
=====

Grubs or worms? Grubs are big slimy things. It is quite common for
various bugs to get into grain and lay eggs. That is why some people
freeze flour and grains. You can pick them out of the rice and rinse
the stuff, but don't forget that while they were eating they were crapping.

OT Don't Worry Janet Wilder[_4_] General Cooking 11 13-02-2015 03:36 PM
Worry or laugh dogma_i Tea 1 12-08-2013 01:34 PM
(Video) Don't Worry Be Happy Celebrity Perkoff Club Barbecue 2 20-04-2008 09:23 PM
Dont Worry About It Cooking William Boyd General Cooking 7 06-10-2005 01:24 AM