Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Grubs in rice - anything to worry about?

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:12:32 AM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> On 10/21/2014 1:01 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
> > Roy wrote:

> >> I have the occasional dried grub in my bulk long grain rice which

> >> I remove before cooking. Anything to worry about...health-wise?

> > That's your assurance it's organic.

> Yum! Dried grubs in rice! I'll jump right on that bandwagon!
>

> Jill

I only posted that query for discussion purposes (like Julie does). It seems like no matter how I seal the containers some friggin bug will find a way in and lay an egg or two. I guess I'll have to store my rice in sealed jars or freeze it. My house is old and the kitchen is primitive to say the least.
===