Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default video: how to peel an egg

http://sfglobe.com/?id=2852&src=fbfan_2852

I found it interesting that he keeps his boiled eggs in the fridge in water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> http://sfglobe.com/?id=2852&src=fbfan_2852
>
> I found it interesting that he keeps his boiled eggs in the fridge in
> water.

Interesting, thanks. I wonder if that works with very fresh eggs.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/7/2014 10:45 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
> http://sfglobe.com/?id=2852&src=fbfan_2852
>
> I found it interesting that he keeps his boiled eggs in the fridge in water.

I'm going to have to give that a try, thanks!

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 10/7/2014 10:45 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>> http://sfglobe.com/?id=2852&src=fbfan_2852
>>
>> I found it interesting that he keeps his boiled eggs in the fridge in
>> water.
>>

> I'm going to have to give that a try, thanks!
>
> nancy

I'm boiling some eggs right now, so I will give it a try too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> On 10/7/2014 10:45 AM, ImStillMags wrote:
>>> http://sfglobe.com/?id=2852&src=fbfan_2852
>>>
>>> I found it interesting that he keeps his boiled eggs in the fridge in
>>> water.
>>>

>> I'm going to have to give that a try, thanks!
>>
>> nancy

> I'm boiling some eggs right now, so I will give it a try too.
>
> Cheri

I did try it just now with the eggs I boiled earlier, but it didn't work
well for me. Maybe the eggs are too fresh?

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 13:39:16 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> I did try it just now with the eggs I boiled earlier, but it didn't work
> well for me. Maybe the eggs are too fresh?

I always roll the eggs like he did, but they give no hint the entire
shell will come off like that. I was thinking maybe I haven't pressed
hard enough, but then I remembered when I accidentally pressed too
hard and cracked the white - never and I mean never have has the shell
ever given an indication that it will come off in two pieces like
that. I use grocery store eggs which have often been in the
refrigerator for days, so they are the opposite of too fresh. They
peel very easily, but not as easily as in his demonstration.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:39:16 PM UTC-7, Cheri wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message

> >> I'm going to have to give that a try, thanks!

> >> nancy

> > I'm boiling some eggs right now, so I will give it a try too.

> > Cheri

> I did try it just now with the eggs I boiled earlier, but it didn't work
>
> well for me. Maybe the eggs are too fresh?
>

> Cheri

In the video he says he boiled the eggs, shocked them in ice water and then kept them in the refrigerator in water. So I'm guessing your eggs probably weren't really really cold all the way through and not kept in water which would make them more moist. The egg shell is semi permeable so it would actually soak back up some water in the fridge.

I think freshly boiled and cooled is probably not going to have the same consistency as a very cold wet, just out of the fridge egg.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:39:16 PM UTC-7, Cheri wrote:
> "Cheri" > wrote in message

> >> I'm going to have to give that a try, thanks!

> >> nancy

> > I'm boiling some eggs right now, so I will give it a try too.

> > Cheri

> I did try it just now with the eggs I boiled earlier, but it didn't work
>
> well for me. Maybe the eggs are too fresh?
>

> Cheri

In the video he says he boiled the eggs, shocked them in ice water and then
kept them in the refrigerator in water. So I'm guessing your eggs probably
weren't really really cold all the way through and not kept in water which
would make them more moist. The egg shell is semi permeable so it would
actually soak back up some water in the fridge.

I think freshly boiled and cooled is probably not going to have the same
consistency as a very cold wet, just out of the fridge egg.
======

I dunno, I did shock them in ice water and waited until they were really
cold. Then I put them in the fridge with new ice water, so dunno, but I ate
one and it was cold. Could be though. There are still some in ice water in
the fridge, so will try it again tomorrow just to be sure.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" wrote in message

http://sfglobe.com/?id=2852&src=fbfan_2852

I found it interesting that he keeps his boiled eggs in the fridge in water.

~~~~~~~~~
That's how I do mine, but the eggs have to be old for them to peel easily.
Even then, it's a "guessing game" as to whether the shell will come off in
two or three large pieces.

MaryL