Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How to peel cooked potatoes in one shot ( Video-Clip from Japan ) this is so cool ****

There is a Video-Clip from Japan, How to peel cooked potatoes in one
shot ! That is the coolest trick I have ever seen. I Indefinitely going
to try this.
Check It Out.

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jens Arne Maennig" > wrote in message
> Hansi wrote:

> > There is a Video-Clip from Japan, How to peel cooked potatoes in one
> > shot ! That is the coolest trick I have ever seen.

> Cute. The fast way to get there is
> http://www.youtube.com/player.swf?vi...lvPszwQA&l=129

Looks like:

(1) remove eyes, and with knife, slit potato skin around the middle before
boiling
(2) plunge boiled potato in ice water (they use a ladle, but a slotted spoon
would probably transfer less hot water into the ice water)
(3) after sitting ??? time in ice water (don't speak Japanese... 30
seconds?) take it out and pull skin off both ends.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > , "HiTech RedNeck" > wrote:

>"Jens Arne Maennig" > wrote in message
>> Hansi wrote:
>> > There is a Video-Clip from Japan, How to peel cooked potatoes in one
>> > shot ! That is the coolest trick I have ever seen.

>> Cute. The fast way to get there is
>> http://www.youtube.com/player.swf?vi...lvPszwQA&l=129

>Looks like:
>
>(1) remove eyes, and with knife, slit potato skin around the middle before
>boiling
>(2) plunge boiled potato in ice water (they use a ladle, but a slotted spoon
>would probably transfer less hot water into the ice water)
>(3) after sitting ??? time in ice water (don't speak Japanese... 30
>seconds?) take it out and pull skin off both ends.

Judging by the way the young lady is counting [reminds me of the old
joke about the Irish contraceptive] I'd say it was 10 seconds in ice
water. (There's a '10' hidden in the subtitle about that time too.)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-02-23, Hansi > wrote:
> There is a Video-Clip from Japan, How to peel cooked potatoes in one
> shot !

But, who boils whole potatoes? Takes forever and unless using waxy
potato, the outside will be mush by time the inside is cooked. I make
mashed potatoes by cutting into 1" to 1-1/2" cubes and boiling. Cooks
in about ten minutes.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2006-02-23, Hansi > wrote:
>> There is a Video-Clip from Japan, How to peel cooked potatoes in one
>> shot !

> But, who boils whole potatoes? Takes forever and unless using waxy
> potato, the outside will be mush by time the inside is cooked. I make
> mashed potatoes by cutting into 1" to 1-1/2" cubes and boiling. Cooks
> in about ten minutes.
>
> nb

I've always cooked potatoes, no matter what the size or type, or cut, for
20 minutes.
But, perhaps Japanese like to 'present' a whole potato on a plate more than
we do. Maybe they think the potatoes in a can are cute and are trying to
duplicate them.
Who knows.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I boil potatoes when I am going to make potato salad. Don't you?