Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/3/2014 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

Heck, even I knew the spoon-trick and I don't buy kiwi fruit all that
often. I use the same trick to get boiled eggs (soft or medium) out of
their shells for breakfast.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

Someone posted that method here a couple of years ago, so useful!
I've been using it ever since.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 7/3/2014 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> > http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost
> >

> Heck, even I knew the spoon-trick and I don't buy kiwi fruit all that
> often. I use the same trick to get boiled eggs (soft or medium) out of
> their shells for breakfast.

I don't know about eggs but here's the proper way to prepare kiwi.
http://i58.tinypic.com/o0cnyb.gif
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/3/2014 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

Can't remember the last time I bought kiwi, but that is enough to make
me get a couple to try. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/4/2014 5:05 AM, Janet wrote:

> In article >,
> says...

http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

> Someone posted that method here a couple of years ago, so useful!
> I've been using it ever since.
>
> Janet UK

And, then there's a weird way to peel an orange. I wonder if it works
on other orange varieties?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_640oWdIT70

--
ღ.¸¸.œ«*¨`*œ¶
Cheryl
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:52:08 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> And, then there's a weird way to peel an orange. I wonder if it works
> on other orange varieties?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_640oWdIT70

They're peeling a Mandarin orange, which is SUPER easy to peel in RL.
In fact they made it harder than necessary.

To peel a regular orange easily, score the skin with a knife in
quarters from pole to pole and strip it off from one pole to the other
using your thumb for leverage.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2014 2:04 AM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:52:08 -0400, Cheryl >
> wrote:
>>>

>> And, then there's a weird way to peel an orange. I wonder if it works
>> on other orange varieties?
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_640oWdIT70

> They're peeling a Mandarin orange, which is SUPER easy to peel in RL.
> In fact they made it harder than necessary.
>
> To peel a regular orange easily, score the skin with a knife in
> quarters from pole to pole and strip it off from one pole to the other
> using your thumb for leverage.

Depending on the type of orange, I do a variation of that Cut the polar
caps off, make one slice as you indicate and you can "unwrap" the rest
of the peel.