General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,450
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 34,668
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

On 7/3/2014 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost


Heck, even I knew the spoon-trick and I don't buy kiwi fruit all that
often. I use the same trick to get boiled eggs (soft or medium) out of
their shells for breakfast.

Jill
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,048
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

In article ,
says...

http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

Someone posted that method here a couple of years ago, so useful!
I've been using it ever since.

Janet UK
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 21,266
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

jmcquown wrote:

On 7/3/2014 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost


Heck, even I knew the spoon-trick and I don't buy kiwi fruit all that
often. I use the same trick to get boiled eggs (soft or medium) out of
their shells for breakfast.



I don't know about eggs but here's the proper way to prepare kiwi.
http://i58.tinypic.com/o0cnyb.gif
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,851
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

On 7/3/2014 8:33 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost


Can't remember the last time I bought kiwi, but that is enough to make
me get a couple to try. Thanks.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-07-2014, 05:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,778
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

On 7/4/2014 5:05 AM, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://blog.petflow.com/how-to-peel-...ampaign=PFPost

Someone posted that method here a couple of years ago, so useful!
I've been using it ever since.

Janet UK

And, then there's a weird way to peel an orange. I wonder if it works
on other orange varieties?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_640oWdIT70

--
ღ.¸¸.*¨`*
Cheryl
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-07-2014, 07:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 61,789
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:52:08 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

And, then there's a weird way to peel an orange. I wonder if it works
on other orange varieties?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_640oWdIT70


They're peeling a Mandarin orange, which is SUPER easy to peel in RL.
In fact they made it harder than necessary.

To peel a regular orange easily, score the skin with a knife in
quarters from pole to pole and strip it off from one pole to the other
using your thumb for leverage.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 05-07-2014, 03:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,851
Default Cool video, how to peel a kiwi in 3 seconds.

On 7/5/2014 2:04 AM, sf wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:52:08 -0400, Cheryl
wrote:

And, then there's a weird way to peel an orange. I wonder if it works
on other orange varieties?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_640oWdIT70


They're peeling a Mandarin orange, which is SUPER easy to peel in RL.
In fact they made it harder than necessary.

To peel a regular orange easily, score the skin with a knife in
quarters from pole to pole and strip it off from one pole to the other
using your thumb for leverage.


Depending on the type of orange, I do a variation of that Cut the polar
caps off, make one slice as you indicate and you can "unwrap" the rest
of the peel.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
video: how to peel an egg ImStillMags General Cooking 8 08-10-2014 12:48 AM
Never hand peel a potato again! (video) FERRANTE[_3_] General Cooking 45 07-03-2009 04:08 AM
How to peel hard boiled eggs (video) Omelet General Cooking 4 19-08-2007 07:50 AM
How to peel cooked potatoes in one shot ( Video-Clip from Japan ) this is so cool **** Hansi General Cooking 5 23-02-2006 09:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017