Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cowboy Stew

My mother-in-law brought us a big pot of cowboy stew. I don't have her
recipe, but it seems similar to the one below. It's simple, good,
comfort food - ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, chili
powder. Cornbread is nice on the side. She tells me not to freeze it,
but I always freeze half. The potatoes don't get too weird.

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ye89v6d9/cowboy-stew.html

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
> My mother-in-law brought us a big pot of cowboy stew. I don't have her
> recipe, but it seems similar to the one below. It's simple, good,
> comfort food - ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, chili
> powder. Cornbread is nice on the side. She tells me not to freeze it,
> but I always freeze half. The potatoes don't get too weird.
>
> http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ye89v6d9/cowboy-stew.html
>
> Tara

I make similar but no chili powder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:44:01 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

> My mother-in-law brought us a big pot of cowboy stew. I don't have her
> recipe, but it seems similar to the one below. It's simple, good,
> comfort food - ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, chili
> powder. Cornbread is nice on the side. She tells me not to freeze it,
> but I always freeze half. The potatoes don't get too weird.
>
> http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ye89v6d9/cowboy-stew.html

Never heard of it, but you're right - sounds like comfort food.
Thanks for the recipe. I have all the necessary ingredients.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:44:01 PM UTC-5, Tara wrote:
> My mother-in-law brought us a big pot of cowboy stew. I don't have her
>
> recipe, but it seems similar to the one below. It's simple, good,
>
> comfort food - ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, chili
>
> powder. Cornbread is nice on the side. She tells me not to freeze it,
>
> but I always freeze half. The potatoes don't get too weird.
>

> http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ye89v6d9/cowboy-stew.html

Why would any decent cook use canned corn, or canned "ranch style" beans?

One wouldn't.

> Tara

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 01:08:09 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 4:44:01 PM UTC-5, Tara wrote:
> > My mother-in-law brought us a big pot of cowboy stew. I don't have her
> >
> > recipe, but it seems similar to the one below. It's simple, good,
> >
> > comfort food - ground beef, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, chili
> >
> > powder. Cornbread is nice on the side. She tells me not to freeze it,
> >
> > but I always freeze half. The potatoes don't get too weird.
> >

> > http://www.cooks.com/recipe/ye89v6d9/cowboy-stew.html
> >

> Why would any decent cook use canned corn, or canned "ranch style" beans?
>
> One wouldn't.

Are you incapable of altering a recipe to suit yourself? I was
wondering what ranch style beans brought to the party and thinking
this would be a good way to use up leftover borracho beans. I also
have lots of corn that I charred myself in the freezer, but I wouldn't
waste it on a stew like this - I'll just buy a bag of fire roasted
corn at Trader Joe's to use.

Cowboy Stew Tara General Cooking 107 09-10-2013 08:25 PM
Cowboy Caviar sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 02-04-2011 05:12 PM
Cowboy Burgers [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 16-05-2007 03:16 AM
Slow Cooker Cowboy Stew Doug[_6_] General Cooking 9 24-02-2007 06:43 AM
Cowboy Cookies Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-06-2005 08:21 PM