Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Need science help, cat!

Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You
would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.
The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs
to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
your results here, you can email me.

juliebove at frontier dot com

Thanks again!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You
> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.
> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs
> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
> your results here, you can email me.
>
> juliebove at frontier dot com
>
> Thanks again!

suggest you go to the local assisted living facility that allows cats
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:04:58 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
>
> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You
>
> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>
> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.
>
> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs
>
> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>
> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>
> your results here, you can email me.
>

> juliebove at frontier dot com
>

> Thanks again!

What kind of cat? A wild cat, a mountain lion, a plain old angry house cat? We need more facts, ma'am.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 4:44:58 PM UTC-4, Chemo wrote:

> What kind of cat? A wild cat, a mountain lion, a plain old angry house cat? We need more facts, ma'am.

A Cheshire cat.

http://www.richardfisher.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:04:58 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
>
> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You
>
> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>
> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.
>
> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs
>
> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>
> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>
> your results here, you can email me.
>

> juliebove at frontier dot com
>

> Thanks again!

It may be of comfort to you to know that I used to pull this kind of shit on projects when I was going to school too - but I doubt it.

Good luck on this research. If all else fails, just make up fake data. Believe me, your daughter will learn more about how this world works by going that route.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 2, 2014 2:06:25 PM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:04:58 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood

> > pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You

> > would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.

> > If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.

> > The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs

> > to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than

> > anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put

> > your results here, you can email me.

> > juliebove at frontier dot com

> > Thanks again!

> It may be of comfort to you to know that I used to pull this kind of shit on projects when I was going to school too - but I doubt it.
>

> Good luck on this research. If all else fails, just make up fake data. Believe me, your daughter will learn more about how this world works by going that route.

More accurate results might be obtained at a cat house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>> blood
>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
>> You
>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
>> it.
>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>> needs
>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>> your results here, you can email me.
>>
>> juliebove at frontier dot com
>>
>> Thanks again!

> suggest you go to the local assisted living facility that allows cats

Don't know where that would be. We do have a pet store that normally has
cats but at present they only have one older one that is fearful of people
and doesn't much like to be petted until she knows the person. So luck is
against us at the moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:04:58 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>> blood
>>
>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
>> You
>>
>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>>
>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
>> it.
>>
>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>> needs
>>
>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>>
>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>>
>> your results here, you can email me.
>>

>> juliebove at frontier dot com
>>

>> Thanks again!

> What kind of cat? A wild cat, a mountain lion, a plain old angry house
> cat? We need more facts, ma'am.

House.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:04:58 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>> blood
>>
>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
>> You
>>
>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>>
>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
>> it.
>>
>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>> needs
>>
>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>>
>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>>
>> your results here, you can email me.
>>

>> juliebove at frontier dot com
>>

>> Thanks again!

> It may be of comfort to you to know that I used to pull this kind of shit
> on projects when I was going to school too - but I doubt it.
>
> Good luck on this research. If all else fails, just make up fake data.
> Believe me, your daughter will learn more about how this world works by
> going that route.

Yeah. I think we may have found enough people now but not sure we can
depend on the high school kids. I could think of many other things she
could have done that involved only the cats and not people but... At this
age, they don't listen to the parents.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chemo" > wrote in message
> On Friday, May 2, 2014 2:06:25 PM UTC-7, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 8:04:58 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>> > blood

>> > pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
>> > You

>> > would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be
>> > exact.

>> > If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
>> > it.

>> > The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>> > needs

>> > to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than

>> > anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to
>> > put

>> > your results here, you can email me.

>> > juliebove at frontier dot com

>> > Thanks again!

>> It may be of comfort to you to know that I used to pull this kind of shit
>> on projects when I was going to school too - but I doubt it.
>>

>> Good luck on this research. If all else fails, just make up fake data.
>> Believe me, your daughter will learn more about how this world works by
>> going that route.

> More accurate results might be obtained at a cat house.

Heh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 5:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Chemo" > wrote in message
>> On Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:04:58 PM UTC-7, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>>> blood
>>>
>>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a
>>> cat. You
>>>
>>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be
>>> exact.
>>>
>>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would
>>> appreciate it.
>>>
>>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>>> needs
>>>
>>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>>>
>>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to
>>> put
>>>
>>> your results here, you can email me.
>>>

>>> juliebove at frontier dot com
>>>

>>> Thanks again!

>> What kind of cat? A wild cat, a mountain lion, a plain old angry house
>> cat? We need more facts, ma'am.

> House.

I can pet my dog. No cats right now.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 5/2/2014 5:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> What kind of cat? A wild cat, a mountain lion, a plain old angry house
>>> cat? We need more facts, ma'am.

>> House.

> I can pet my dog. No cats right now.

Yeah. We know lots of people with dogs. Not so many with cats.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-02 4:59 PM, Helpful person wrote:
> On Friday, May 2, 2014 4:44:58 PM UTC-4, Chemo wrote:
>>
>> What kind of cat? A wild cat, a mountain lion, a plain old angry house cat? We need more facts, ma'am.

> A Cheshire cat.

I had one of those. It would just smile at me and disappear.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in
:

> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
> blood pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting
> a cat. You would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't
> have to be exact. If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results,
> she would appreciate it. The logistics of finding people who are
> willing to do this before she needs to turn it in (Wed.) are proving
> to be a lot more difficult than anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can
> help her! If you don't want to put your results here, you can email
> me.

Do you sell her Girl Scout cookies for her too?

--
--Bryan
"The 1960's called. They want their recipe back."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 1 May 2014 23:04:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
>pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You
>would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.
>The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs
>to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>your results here, you can email me.
>
>juliebove at frontier dot com

Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
hand though

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 9:12 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2014 23:04:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat. You
>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate it.
>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she needs
>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>> your results here, you can email me.
>>
>> juliebove at frontier dot com

> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
> hand though

Oh boy. Gotta wonder why, since Julue has cats and apparently every
medical issue on the planet, her daughter can't conduct this "science
project" at home. She's probably too busy driving electric shopping
carts at Target.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/2/2014 9:12 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 May 2014 23:04:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>>> blood
>>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a
>>> cat. You
>>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be
>>> exact.
>>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would
>>> appreciate it.
>>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before
>>> she needs
>>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want
>>> to put
>>> your results here, you can email me.
>>>
>>> juliebove at frontier dot com

>> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
>> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
>> hand though
>>

> Oh boy. Gotta wonder why, since Julue has cats and apparently every
> medical issue on the planet, her daughter can't conduct this "science
> project" at home. She's probably too busy driving electric shopping
> carts at Target.
>
> Jill

Bitter bitch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-02 21:32, jmcquown wrote:
>> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
>> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
>> hand though

Imagine the Method section of the report..... got my mother to ask
people on the internet to send their blood pressure figures.

> Oh boy. Gotta wonder why, since Julue has cats and apparently every
> medical issue on the planet, her daughter can't conduct this "science
> project" at home. She's probably too busy driving electric shopping
> carts at Target.

Too bad it is not a psychology class. She could do a case study without
leaving the house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 5:05 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> Yeah. I think we may have found enough people now but not sure we can
> depend on the high school kids.

If you can wait until tomorrow I can do this for you. I'd kind of like
to know what my results are.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 2 May 2014 15:42:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
eb.com...

>>> House.

>> I can pet my dog. No cats right now.

>Yeah. We know lots of people with dogs. Not so many with cats.

I would think the experiment would work better with dogs than with
cats.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> >
> >> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
> >> blood
> >> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
> >> You
> >> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
> >> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
> >> it.
> >> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
> >> needs
> >> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
> >> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
> >> your results here, you can email me.
> >>
> >> juliebove at frontier dot com
> >>
> >> Thanks again!

> > suggest you go to the local assisted living facility that allows cats

> Don't know where that would be.

there's this new technology that would help you find them...it's called
the internet or even a phonebook or worst case I'm sure any local
hospital would know...but then you'd have to find one

We do have a pet store that normally has
> cats but at present they only have one older one that is fearful of people
> and doesn't much like to be petted until she knows the person. So luck is
> against us at the moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> >
> >> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
> >> blood
> >> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
> >> You
> >> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
> >> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
> >> it.
> >> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
> >> needs
> >> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
> >> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
> >> your results here, you can email me.
> >>
> >> juliebove at frontier dot com
> >>
> >> Thanks again!

> > suggest you go to the local assisted living facility that allows cats

> Don't know where that would be. We do have a pet store that normally has
> cats but at present they only have one older one that is fearful of people
> and doesn't much like to be petted until she knows the person. So luck is
> against us at the moment.

just out of curiosity, how long has she known about this science project?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 11:28 PM, Doris Night wrote:

> I would think the experiment would work better with dogs than with
> cats.
>
> Doris

Perhaps someone else is doing that to get comparative results.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/2/2014 10:04 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-02 21:32, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
>>> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
>>> hand though

I didn't write what is quoted above.

> Imagine the Method section of the report..... got my mother to ask
> people on the internet to send their blood pressure figures.

I can't even imagine what sort of science class experiment this is. Why
would a teacher ask people's kids to find people with cats and take
their blood pressure?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 May 2014 15:42:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
web.com...

>>> I can pet my dog. No cats right now.

>>Yeah. We know lots of people with dogs. Not so many with cats.

> I would think the experiment would work better with dogs than with
> cats.

Perhaps but... The parameters of the experiment was that it had to involve
something that she liked. And she likes cats.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 11:28 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>

>> I would think the experiment would work better with dogs than with
>> cats.
>>
>> Doris
>>

> Perhaps someone else is doing that to get comparative results.

They each had to come up with their own hypothesis. Could be that there is
a dog one. Her friend is doing something about how well or not well people
sleep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 5:05 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Yeah. I think we may have found enough people now but not sure we can
>> depend on the high school kids.

> If you can wait until tomorrow I can do this for you. I'd kind of like to
> know what my results are.

Great! Thanks! Tomorrow will be fine. You have my email.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Winters_Lackey" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>> blood pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting
>> a cat. You would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't
>> have to be exact. If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results,
>> she would appreciate it. The logistics of finding people who are
>> willing to do this before she needs to turn it in (Wed.) are proving
>> to be a lot more difficult than anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can
>> help her! If you don't want to put your results here, you can email
>> me.
>>

> Do you sell her Girl Scout cookies for her too?

She's not a scout.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 May 2014 23:04:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both blood
>>pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
>>You
>>would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be exact.
>>If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
>>it.
>>The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>>needs
>>to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>>anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to put
>>your results here, you can email me.
>>
>>juliebove at frontier dot com

> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
> hand though

I got a special treat this morning! Jetta (the feral) was sleeping at my
feet. She's really Angela's cat so almost always sleeps with Angela. But I
woke up to find her at my feet. I then turned the other way, put my head
next to her and petted her for a while. She was really sleepy. Just kept
on sleeping and purred. That rarely ever happens.

Then of course, Jazzy got jealous and hopped came down to that end of the
bed. She normally sleeps by my side, if not on top of me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/2/2014 9:12 PM, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Thu, 1 May 2014 23:04:58 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Long story short, daughter is doing a science project and needs both
>>> blood
>>> pressure and pulse readings of people prior to and after petting a cat.
>>> You
>>> would need to pet the cat for about 5 minutes. Doesn't have to be
>>> exact.
>>> If you have a BP cuff and can send me the results, she would appreciate
>>> it.
>>> The logistics of finding people who are willing to do this before she
>>> needs
>>> to turn it in (Wed.) are proving to be a lot more difficult than
>>> anticipated. Thanks to anyone who can help her! If you don't want to
>>> put
>>> your results here, you can email me.
>>>
>>> juliebove at frontier dot com

>> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
>> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
>> hand though
>>

> Oh boy. Gotta wonder why, since Julue has cats and apparently every
> medical issue on the planet, her daughter can't conduct this "science
> project" at home. She's probably too busy driving electric shopping carts
> at Target.

Because we can't find people to come over. Yes we have three people here
and for sure I will be picking up two kids from school on Mon. But it is
hard to get kids to do it. Most of her friends have jobs now and many also
have other activities.

She thought she could have one family that lives behind my mom to do it.
That would be 6 people right there but... They went out of town today. And
we can't really go over there Mon. or Tues. because it is in a different
city and we have to be here due to other commitments.

A big part of the problem is that she didn't get started on this sooner.
Somehow in her mind she thought she had a long time until it was due. But
she was wrong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2014-05-02 21:32, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Can't help you as I don't have that gadget, but bet my BP is low right
>>> now, Lucy is purring away in my lap. It's slow going typing with one
>>> hand though

> Imagine the Method section of the report..... got my mother to ask people
> on the internet to send their blood pressure figures.

So? She doesn't personally have to use the cuff on them although she will
be doing it on some.

>> Oh boy. Gotta wonder why, since Julue has cats and apparently every
>> medical issue on the planet, her daughter can't conduct this "science
>> project" at home. She's probably too busy driving electric shopping
>> carts at Target.
>>

> Too bad it is not a psychology class. She could do a case study without
> leaving the house.

She will be taking that next year. Family psychology no less. We can't
wait!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> I didn't write what is quoted above.
>
>> Imagine the Method section of the report..... got my mother to ask
>> people on the internet to send their blood pressure figures.
>>>>

> I can't even imagine what sort of science class experiment this is. Why
> would a teacher ask people's kids to find people with cats and take their
> blood pressure?

He didn't. The kids were supposed to come up with their own experiment and
they had to base it on something that they liked. I tried to talk her into
doing something else. The one I did when I was her age was stolen from the
neighbor girl who was older than me. She grew green beans in her bedroom.
One with a standard plant light. One with a blue light. One with a red
light and one upside down. As you can imagine, the one with the plant light
did the best. As you can also imagine, I didn't get very many beans to eat.

But she did a similar experiment in the 4th grade where she attempted to
grow nasturtiums, giving some water and others some other liquid like
lemonade or tea. Alas, she did this outside and that year we had horrid
rain. Nothing grew at all except for a lot of mold.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

>> > suggest you go to the local assisted living facility that allows cats

>> Don't know where that would be.

> there's this new technology that would help you find them...it's called
> the internet or even a phonebook or worst case I'm sure any local
> hospital would know...but then you'd have to find one

The only people I know who use phone books are the elderly. And hospitals
would not know this. Trust me on this, I know. The place where my mom is
moving to does allow pets. I know of one woman with a dog. Don't know of
any cats but then... I don't know too many people there yet.

> We do have a pet store that normally has
>> cats but at present they only have one older one that is fearful of
>> people
>> and doesn't much like to be petted until she knows the person. So luck
>> is
>> against us at the moment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" > wrote in message

>> > suggest you go to the local assisted living facility that allows cats

>> Don't know where that would be. We do have a pet store that normally has
>> cats but at present they only have one older one that is fearful of
>> people
>> and doesn't much like to be petted until she knows the person. So luck
>> is
>> against us at the moment.

> just out of curiosity, how long has she known about this science project?

Don't know but she didn't know of it when the others did because she was out
sick. The teacher didn't bother to tell her about it until I wrote to him
and said something about the missing assignment. So likely the other kids
were given more info. on it than she was and... The teacher also had some
sort of disconnect on that. I won't get into that but it took many emails
and her having to stay after school twice. Only after she stayed for the
second time did he say, "Oh yeah! You DID do that part!

I don't know if the teachers at her school are overworked or what but... I
have had trouble with them all year. We are supposed to check a part of the
website to see how their grades are coming along. Most of the kids show as
having failing grades most of the time because it is to some extent an
automated system. The teachers don't upload things to it so it shows as
missing assignments or tests or quizzes or whatever. Same thing happened in
Jr. High. But this year they dismiss the kids early on Wed. so the teachers
can catch this up. And yet, most of them don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-05-03 12:50 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I didn't write what is quoted above.
>
>> Imagine the Method section of the report..... got my mother to ask
>> people on the internet to send their blood pressure figures.
>>>>

> I can't even imagine what sort of science class experiment this is. Why
> would a teacher ask people's kids to find people with cats and take
> their blood pressure?

Why indeed, as if they could even expect kids to have access to a BP
monitor. Congratulations to the group for getting sucked into the
vortex of Julie's bullshit once again.

It's Science Day St. Jockofgrapes General Cooking 0 12-04-2007 02:18 PM
Ham Before Science Doug Kanter General Cooking 11 02-02-2006 02:02 PM
Science Forum [email protected] General Cooking 0 23-07-2005 12:20 PM
art's and science xenophobe Wine 0 09-03-2005 03:00 AM
Science Lasantha Tea 58 14-01-2005 11:05 PM