Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.politics.misc,uk.legal

Default Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:18:48 +0000, Andy Wainwright
> wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>
>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>
>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>
>>

>Vegitarianism does offer some real bonuses to people as well as animals,
>namely the ability to sustain larger populations on the same amount of land.

That's certainly not a good reason. Even if true, that will only help
increase the population - which is the last thing we need.

>The problem for most is a vegitarian diet requires better cookery skills
>than most people, including myself, posess. There's more effort required
>in ensuring the correct vitamin and mineral balance through chosing
>food, especially for vegans.

Indeed and most are realistically not capable of maintaining a
balanced vegetarian diet.

>Eating less meat would be in both human and animal interest- the meat
>still eaten could be raised to higher welfare standards.

That is a good argument - less but better quality and more humanely
raised meat is something I don't have an issue with.

>Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
>teaching and promoting it in school.

That is rife with problems...