FoodBanter.com

-   -   Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/427046-eating-meat-bad-paedophilia.html)

White Spirit 05-01-2014 02:48 AM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.

Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

Julie Bove[_2_] 05-01-2014 03:24 AM

"White Spirit" > wrote in message
> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>
> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a butcher's
> shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>
> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

You're an odd duck.

Bryan-TGWWW 05-01-2014 03:47 AM

On Saturday, January 4, 2014 7:48:21 PM UTC-6, White Spirit wrote:
> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>

> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>
> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>

> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

Morrissey and McCartney should be forced to bugger each other on video, with
the threat that if they don't, animals will be vivisected repeatedly until
they comply.

Then Morrissey should be kicked to death with steel toed leather shoes.

--B

White Spirit 05-01-2014 03:56 AM

On 05/01/14 02:24, Julie Bove wrote:

> "White Spirit" > wrote in message

>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.

>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.

>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

> You're an odd duck.

That's not very sensitive to animals. Calling someone a duck is as
offensive as referring to someone as a gypsy or a Jew. It's bad enough
that you eat them but do you really have to insult them as well?

:(

Jeßus[_3_] 05-01-2014 04:09 AM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 +0000, White Spirit
> wrote:

>Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>
>Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>
><http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

<Haven't look at that link, no need to>

Such a shame, as The Smiths made excellent music but Morrissey's
opinions are generally crap.

There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

Jeßus[_3_] 05-01-2014 04:10 AM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 02:56:00 +0000, White Spirit
> wrote:

>On 05/01/14 02:24, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "White Spirit" > wrote in message

>>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.

>>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.

>>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

>> You're an odd duck.

>That's not very sensitive to animals. Calling someone a duck is as
>offensive as referring to someone as a gypsy or a Jew. It's bad enough
>that you eat them but do you really have to insult them as well?

I wouldn't eat a jew if you paid me.

White Spirit 05-01-2014 04:14 AM

On 05/01/14 03:10, Jeßus wrote:

> I wouldn't eat a jew if you paid me.

Anti-Semite.

Hench 05-01-2014 04:22 AM

On 1/4/2014 10:09 PM, Jeßus wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 +0000, White Spirit
> > wrote:
>
>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>
>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>
>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

> <Haven't look at that link, no need to>
>
> Such a shame, as The Smiths made excellent music but Morrissey's
> opinions are generally crap.
>
> There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

I like Morrissey's music, but seeing that the Smith's biggest selling
album was entitled "Meat is Murder" I understand what his gig is. I can
separate the music from the message/politics and most people can

Ironically his video for the "Closer I Get" had people questioning if
Morrissey was a paedoiphile

Julie Bove[_2_] 05-01-2014 07:45 AM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

"White Spirit" > wrote in message
> On 05/01/14 02:24, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "White Spirit" > wrote in message

>>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.

>>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.

>>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

>> You're an odd duck.

> That's not very sensitive to animals. Calling someone a duck is as
> offensive as referring to someone as a gypsy or a Jew. It's bad enough
> that you eat them but do you really have to insult them as well?
>
> :(

I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

Basil Jet[_3_] 05-01-2014 07:53 AM

On 2014\01\05 03:22, Hench wrote:

> Ironically his video for the "Closer I Get" had people questioning if
> Morrissey was a paedoiphile

Blimey, the child is female!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRU7WckR6ug

Everyone seems to have forgotten "Handsome Devil"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLEYvF99YWc

When most people compare meat-eating to paedophilia, they're criticising
it, with Mozzer I'm not so sure.

Vidcapper 05-01-2014 09:14 AM

On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>
> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

No wonder you never hear him sing nowadays - he's always got his foot in
his mouth! :)

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham

Max Demian 05-01-2014 11:05 AM

"Basil Jet" > wrote in message
> On 2014\01\05 03:22, Hench wrote:
>>
>> Ironically his video for the "Closer I Get" had people questioning if
>> Morrissey was a paedoiphile

> Blimey, the child is female!
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRU7WckR6ug

I like the way he (or someone) gropes/grabs her at 3:17. She seems happy
enough about it though.

> Everyone seems to have forgotten "Handsome Devil"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLEYvF99YWc

"Let me get my hands on your mammary glands" - no paedophilia there.

--
Max Demian

Basil Jet[_3_] 05-01-2014 11:45 AM

On 2014\01\05 06:45, Julie Bove wrote:

> I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

What if your meal was vegan, but it walked like a duck and quacked like
a duck?

Basil Jet[_3_] 05-01-2014 11:49 AM

On 2014\01\05 10:05, Max Demian wrote:
> "Basil Jet" > wrote in message
>> On 2014\01\05 03:22, Hench wrote:
>>>
>>> Ironically his video for the "Closer I Get" had people questioning if
>>> Morrissey was a paedoiphile

>> Blimey, the child is female!
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRU7WckR6ug

> I like the way he (or someone) gropes/grabs her at 3:17. She seems happy
> enough about it though.
>
>> Everyone seems to have forgotten "Handsome Devil"
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLEYvF99YWc

> "Let me get my hands on your mammary glands" - no paedophilia there.

"I think I can help you get through your exams"

Andy Wainwright 05-01-2014 12:18 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>
> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>
> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

Vegitarianism does offer some real bonuses to people as well as animals,
namely the ability to sustain larger populations on the same amount of land.

The problem for most is a vegitarian diet requires better cookery skills
than most people, including myself, posess. There's more effort required
in ensuring the correct vitamin and mineral balance through chosing
food, especially for vegans.

Eating less meat would be in both human and animal interest- the meat
still eaten could be raised to higher welfare standards.

Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
teaching and promoting it in school.

Uncle Peter 05-01-2014 12:24 PM

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 03:14:55 -0000, White Spirit > wrote:

> On 05/01/14 03:10, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't eat a jew if you paid me.

> Anti-Semite.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

--
Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?
Breasts don't have eyes.

Uncle Peter 05-01-2014 12:24 PM

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:45:50 -0000, Basil Jet > wrote:

> On 2014\01\05 06:45, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

> What if your meal was vegan, but it walked like a duck and quacked like
> a duck?

Then I want some of what you're smoking.

--
Due to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

Uncle Peter 05-01-2014 12:25 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 -0000, White Spirit > wrote:

> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>
> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>
> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

It's worse, eating meat involves death, paedophilia usually doesn't.

--
CONGRESS.SYS corrupted... Re-boot Washington D.C. (Y/N)?

Julie Bove[_2_] 05-01-2014 01:40 PM

"Basil Jet" > wrote in message
> On 2014\01\05 06:45, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I have never eaten a duck and most of my meals are vegan.

> What if your meal was vegan, but it walked like a duck and quacked like a
> duck?

I would report it to quackwatch.

Julie Bove[_2_] 05-01-2014 01:41 PM

"Andy Wainwright" > wrote in message
> On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>
>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>
>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>
>>

> Vegitarianism does offer some real bonuses to people as well as animals,
> namely the ability to sustain larger populations on the same amount of
> land.
>
> The problem for most is a vegitarian diet requires better cookery skills
> than most people, including myself, posess. There's more effort required
> in ensuring the correct vitamin and mineral balance through chosing food,
> especially for vegans.
>
> Eating less meat would be in both human and animal interest- the meat
> still eaten could be raised to higher welfare standards.
>
> Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
> teaching and promoting it in school.

Nonsense!

Andy Walker 05-01-2014 01:44 PM

On 05/01/14 02:56, White Spirit wrote:
> Calling someone a duck is as offensive as referring to someone as a
> gypsy or a Jew.

I suggest that you don't shop or use public transport in
Nottingham, and other places where "Ay up, me duck" is the normal
jolly greeting among the locals. Assuming that you would say the
same about hens, you should probably avoid the north-east as well.
The time to take offence is when people call you a pig, boar, rat,
donkey, goose, ....

--
Andy Walker,
Nottingham.

Ophelia[_11_] 05-01-2014 02:30 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

"White Spirit" > wrote in message
> On 05/01/14 03:10, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't eat a jew if you paid me.

> Anti-Semite.

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

abelard 05-01-2014 02:33 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 03:14:55 +0000, White Spirit
> wrote:

>On 05/01/14 03:10, Jeßus wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't eat a jew if you paid me.

>Anti-Semite.

it's ok, no-one is going to pay him...

he's probably a cannibal and only eats pigs...

--
www.abelard.org

---

R. Mark Clayton 05-01-2014 02:35 PM

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 01:48:21 +0000, White Spirit
> > wrote:
>
>>Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>
>>Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>>butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>
>><http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>

> <Haven't look at that link, no need to>
>
> Such a shame, as The Smiths made excellent music but Morrissey's
> opinions are generally crap.

True

> There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

Ophelia[_11_] 05-01-2014 02:37 PM

"Andy Walker" > wrote in message
> On 05/01/14 02:56, White Spirit wrote:
>> Calling someone a duck is as offensive as referring to someone as a
>> gypsy or a Jew.

> I suggest that you don't shop or use public transport in
> Nottingham, and other places where "Ay up, me duck" is the normal
> jolly greeting among the locals. Assuming that you would say the
> same about hens, you should probably avoid the north-east as well.
> The time to take offence is when people call you a pig, boar, rat,
> donkey, goose, ....

Duck in Lincolnshire too ... hen in Glasgow:))
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

abelard 05-01-2014 02:40 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> wrote:

>> There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

>There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
or get yourself qualified...

--
www.abelard.org

---

Ophelia[_11_] 05-01-2014 02:43 PM

"abelard" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> > wrote:
>
>>> There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

>>There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
> or get yourself qualified...

Nobody will know if you don't tell.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

DVH[_1_] 05-01-2014 02:56 PM

On 05/01/2014 12:44, Andy Walker wrote:
> On 05/01/14 02:56, White Spirit wrote:
>> Calling someone a duck is as offensive as referring to someone as a
>> gypsy or a Jew.

> I suggest that you don't shop or use public transport in
> Nottingham, and other places where "Ay up, me duck" is the normal
> jolly greeting among the locals. Assuming that you would say the
> same about hens, you should probably avoid the north-east as well.
> The time to take offence is when people call you a pig, boar, rat,
> donkey, goose, ....

In the north east you shouldn't be offended if somebody calls you a
hinny, because it's an affectionate word for a sterile honkey or dorse.

"A donkey has 62 chromosomes, whereas a horse has 64. Hinnies, being
hybrids of those two species, have 63 chromosomes and are sterile."

DVH[_1_] 05-01-2014 03:08 PM

On 05/01/2014 13:43, Ophelia wrote:

> "abelard" > wrote in message

>>> There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>> or get yourself qualified...

> Nobody will know if you don't tell.

Just the endless procession of cattle entering the kitchen door and
nothing coming out the other side.

abelard 05-01-2014 03:14 PM

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:08:47 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 13:43, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "abelard" > wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"

>>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>>> or get yourself qualified...

>> Nobody will know if you don't tell.

>Just the endless procession of cattle entering the kitchen door and
>nothing coming out the other side.

now you're rejecting the law of the conservation of matter

--
www.abelard.org

---

DVH[_1_] 05-01-2014 03:19 PM

On 05/01/2014 14:14, abelard wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:08:47 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>>> Nobody will know if you don't tell.

>> Just the endless procession of cattle entering the kitchen door and
>> nothing coming out the other side.

> now you're rejecting the law of the conservation of matter

I was quite careful to say "the other side", not the waste pipes or
other forms of egress.

abelard 05-01-2014 03:23 PM

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:19:23 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 14:14, abelard wrote:

>>> Just the endless procession of cattle entering the kitchen door and
>>> nothing coming out the other side.

>> now you're rejecting the law of the conservation of matter

>I was quite careful to say "the other side", not the waste pipes or
>other forms of egress.

so how many sides has your tent? i remind you that a normal
cube has 6 sides....

how you going to grow the carrots for the stew if you throw
away their preferred nourishment?

--
www.abelard.org

---

Farmer Giles 05-01-2014 03:25 PM

On 05/01/2014 13:40, abelard wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
> > wrote:
>
>>> There is no need to use an Abattoir just because you eat meat.

>> There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
> or get yourself qualified...

You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
consumption.

---

Chairman Moo 05-01-2014 03:26 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:44:36 +0000, Andy Walker >
wrote:

>On 05/01/14 02:56, White Spirit wrote:
>> Calling someone a duck is as offensive as referring to someone as a
>> gypsy or a Jew.

> I suggest that you don't shop or use public transport in
>Nottingham, and other places where "Ay up, me duck" is the normal
>jolly greeting among the locals. Assuming that you would say the
>same about hens, you should probably avoid the north-east as well.
>The time to take offence is when people call you a pig, boar, rat,
>donkey, goose, ....

Pedant mode.
'Hen' is an expression used in SW Scotland and Corby.
'Hinny' is used in an area north ot the tyne.
'Marra' is used in an area south of the tyne

abelard 05-01-2014 03:42 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:25:59 +0000, Farmer Giles >
wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 13:40, abelard wrote:

>>> There generally is in the UK, unless you stick to game...

>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>> or get yourself qualified...

>You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
>consumption.

that was not what i was told but you are the farmer

i know there's a 1998 law change on captive bolts

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm...r/guidance.htm
1. This Note is for everyone involved with the slaughtering or killing
of farm animals or poultry, whether or not in a licensed
slaughterhouse. It explains the procedures for licensing slaughtermen
and gives guidance on the skills and knowledge that applicants for
licences will be expected to demonstrate. Regulation EU 1099/2009
introduces new arrangements for slaughter licences from 1 January
2013. Further information on how this will affect existing licence
holders will be issued in advance of that date.

--
www.abelard.org

---

Farmer Giles 05-01-2014 03:58 PM

On 05/01/2014 14:42, abelard wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:25:59 +0000, Farmer Giles >
> wrote:
>
>> On 05/01/2014 13:40, abelard wrote:
>>> On Sun, 5 Jan 2014 13:35:23 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"

>>> you can kill your own meat(animal people) at home
>>> as long as you employ a registered animal murderer
>>> or get yourself qualified...

>> You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
>> consumption.

> that was not what i was told but you are the farmer

Well I don't claim to be an expert on these matters, but I've always
understood that you can kill you own livestock for your own consumption.

Here is what the UK Government's 'Farm-animal-welfare-at-slaughter'
document says:

If you plan to slaughter an animal or bird on your farm, you will need a
licence - unless the animal is being killed:

For disease control by a competent authority.

By a free bullet in the field by a person who holds a firearms certificate.

Because it is suffering and is being killed for emergency reasons
relating to the welfare of the animal, and where the animal needs to be
killed/slaughtered immediately.

For an owner’s private consumption.

By a qualified veterinary surgeon.

Any killing or slaughter must be carried out without causing the animals
any avoidable excitement, pain or suffering. Anyone carrying out killing
or slaughter - by means other than a free bullet - must ensure that the
animal is restrained appropriately and is stunned before slaughter.

Also note that the Food Hygiene Regulations may apply to on-farm
killing. You can get advice on these regulations from the FSA."

---

abelard 05-01-2014 04:04 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:58:22 +0000, Farmer Giles >
wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 14:42, abelard wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:25:59 +0000, Farmer Giles >
>> wrote:

>>> You don't need a licence to kill your own livestock for your own
>>> consumption.

>> that was not what i was told but you are the farmer

>Well I don't claim to be an expert on these matters, but I've always
>understood that you can kill you own livestock for your own consumption.
>
>Here is what the UK Government's 'Farm-animal-welfare-at-slaughter'
>document says:
>

>If you plan to slaughter an animal or bird on your farm, you will need a
>licence - unless the animal is being killed:
>
>For disease control by a competent authority.
>
>By a free bullet in the field by a person who holds a firearms certificate.
>
>Because it is suffering and is being killed for emergency reasons
>relating to the welfare of the animal, and where the animal needs to be
>killed/slaughtered immediately.
>
>For an owner’s private consumption.
>
>By a qualified veterinary surgeon.
>

>Any killing or slaughter must be carried out without causing the animals
>any avoidable excitement, pain or suffering. Anyone carrying out killing
>or slaughter - by means other than a free bullet - must ensure that the
>animal is restrained appropriately and is stunned before slaughter.
>
>Also note that the Food Hygiene Regulations may apply to on-farm
>killing. You can get advice on these regulations from the FSA."

i wouldn't trust anyone untrained to kill/stun a large animal...
their brains are relatively small and not easy to locate
accurately unless you have some relevant education...

ducks are a different matter if your wrists are strong or
your chopper is sharp!

there's a link to the regulation/s in the piece i just posted
but i'm not motivated to read it

--
www.abelard.org

---

Vidcapper 05-01-2014 04:08 PM

On 05/01/2014 11:18, Andy Wainwright wrote:
> On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>
>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>
>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>
>>

> Vegitarianism does offer some real bonuses to people as well as animals,
> namely the ability to sustain larger populations on the same amount of
> land.
>
> The problem for most is a vegitarian diet requires better cookery skills
> than most people, including myself, posess. There's more effort required
> in ensuring the correct vitamin and mineral balance through chosing
> food, especially for vegans.
>
> Eating less meat would be in both human and animal interest- the meat
> still eaten could be raised to higher welfare standards.
>
> Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
> teaching and promoting it in school.

The thing that people like Morrissey don't seem to realise, is that if
everyone turned veggie, *no* animals would be saved. With no economic
use for them, they're hardly going to be kept as pets - they'd all be
culled!

They couldn't even be returned to the wild - the instinctive defences of
their ancestors have been bred out of them, so they'd be defenceless.

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham

abelard 05-01-2014 04:11 PM

Eating meat is as bad as paedophilia

On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 15:08:49 +0000, Vidcapper >
wrote:

>On 05/01/2014 11:18, Andy Wainwright wrote:
>> On 05/01/2014 01:48, White Spirit wrote:
>>> Morrissey says so, anyway. Abattoirs are also as bad as Auschwitz.
>>>
>>> Personally, I'm content to throw the occasional brick through a
>>> butcher's shop window, particularly a halal butcher's.
>>>
>>> <http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2533760/Eating-meat-bad-paedophilia-Morrissey-launches-incredible-rant-says-no-difference-abattoir-supporting-Auschwitz.html>
>>>

>> Vegitarianism does offer some real bonuses to people as well as animals,
>> namely the ability to sustain larger populations on the same amount of
>> land.
>>
>> The problem for most is a vegitarian diet requires better cookery skills
>> than most people, including myself, posess. There's more effort required
>> in ensuring the correct vitamin and mineral balance through chosing
>> food, especially for vegans.
>>
>> Eating less meat would be in both human and animal interest- the meat
>> still eaten could be raised to higher welfare standards.
>>
>> Like quitting smoking, going veggie isn't easy, I think we could help by
>> teaching and promoting it in school.
>>

>The thing that people like Morrissey don't seem to realise, is that if
>everyone turned veggie, *no* animals would be saved. With no economic
>use for them, they're hardly going to be kept as pets - they'd all be
>culled!
>
>They couldn't even be returned to the wild - the instinctive defences of
>their ancestors have been bred out of them, so they'd be defenceless.

exactly, you're doing them a favour by eating them...

same with those fox hunters.....

socialists understand nothing about the real world

--
www.abelard.org

---

DVH[_1_] 05-01-2014 04:13 PM

On 05/01/2014 14:23, abelard wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 14:19:23 +0000, DVH > wrote:

>>> now you're rejecting the law of the conservation of matter

>> I was quite careful to say "the other side", not the waste pipes or
>> other forms of egress.

> so how many sides has your tent? i remind you that a normal
> cube has 6 sides....

Or so it's claimed. Can you see 6 faces simultaneously? No, I thought not.