Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kind of OT

Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
color fare?

TIA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> For grease stains I just pre-treat with straight laundry detergent
> applied by a ketchup/mustard sqwert bottle I have

Ya, yer all about the sqwerting, aren't ya needle-dick?

You need to fug off outta here, and do it NOW.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The distinctive smell of Gain detergent just about makes me puke. The neighbor's whole house stinks of it.

Sf, there are a whole range of really good commercial stain removers; I would worry about hydrogen peroxide acting like bleach, although maybe it doesn't.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> The distinctive smell of Gain detergent just about makes me puke. The
> neighbor's whole house stinks of it.
>
> Sf, there are a whole range of really good commercial stain removers; I
> would worry about hydrogen peroxide acting like bleach, although maybe it
> doesn't.
>
> N.

I've had variable success with stain removers but I DO rely a lot on plain
old peroxide. I am a quilter and either my steam iron will gush an ugly
spurt or I'll poke a finger and bleed on my quilt. Always, with no harm, a
rub/scrub with peroxide will soak out the stain. Probably does no harm to
my finger wound. Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
> part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
> how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
> were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
> color fare?

409 makes a fine grease stain pre-treatment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:30:58 -0700, "Paul M. Cook" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
> > part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
> > how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
> > were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
> > color fare?

> 409 makes a fine grease stain pre-treatment.

409? I hadn't considered that, thanks! Putting it down on my
shopping list and I'll see how it goes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:03:44 -0400, Susan > wrote:

> Oxyclean stain stick gel works very well with no fading.

I'll look for that too. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> I like the smell of the original Gain

You sick ****, go drink some.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Susan wrote:
> Works well.

austin.test

Free Sex!!!

1 post by 1 author

Steve Sqwertz

11/22/02

For a good time call Mapi.
-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Look for this.

WEBTV!!! ROFL!!!!

Bla bla bla, you're so clever. NOT! ROFL! And the webtv reference....
seriously? *You're* making fun of *me* with webtv? Do you not realize that
you have just validated everyone who has laughed at you for it?

One note... you can't lay off the crossdressing stuff in your lame attempt
at humor. You got caught on it already, and we all know about it, and "I
know you are but what am I" doesn't fix it.

Now **** off and die, you phony little pussy, and next time you decide to
start flinging shit at people outside your own back yard, try to prepare
your freeble little mind for the fact that you need to be willing to take
what you dish out, because someone may do the same thing back at you. If
you're going to keep being a pussy who wants to give shit but screams like a
sissy baby when you get it back, you'll just spend your sad little life
going through episodes like this where your true nature is revealed to all.

I'm done with you now, shithead. That is, unless you want more.

And unless you decide to resume making personal attacks on people who are
trying to discuss reasonable things. A little good natured banter between
rivals is fine, but you cannot seem to understand why it's offensive to
invade other forums and turn on a tirade of hateful personal attacks on
individuals. So if you go that route again, I'll be back on your ass, with
Goatboy, Ronald, and a bunch more tasty morsels. And go ahead and post all
the stupid shit you want in the Chiefs forums... you're not getting any
action because they are too smart to take your juvenile bait.... and
besides, yuou're just not funny.

Now please refrain from being an asshole and I will do the same.... or not,
your choice.

Besides, I can be a much bigger asshole than you when provoked, so do the
smart thing while you have this one opportunity at a truce.

MBKC

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
>> part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
>> how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
>> were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
>> color fare?

>409 makes a fine grease stain pre-treatment.

Late in replying to this thread, because...we have company coming and
I wanted to get all the marks off the walls where the dog goes. Oil
and dirt combo and yes! *409* is the best! Just be sure to have
enough ventilation when you spray *409*!

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:51:28 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
>
> part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
>
> how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
>
> were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
>
> color fare?
>

> TIA
>

> --
>
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Have you tried WD/40 or lighter fluid?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:35:34 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

> On Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:51:28 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
> > Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
> >
> > part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
> >
> > how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
> >
> > were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
> >
> > color fare?
> >

> Have you tried WD/40 or lighter fluid?

No! I've never heard of either product being used for that purpose.
I don't ever have lighter fluid in the house (don't smoke) and didn't
know WD/40 could take it out. If you asked me, I'd say WD/40 would
make an oil stain - not remove one. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:35:34 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, August 18, 2013 4:51:28 PM UTC-7, sf wrote:
>> > Has anyone played around with the homemade stain remover that is one
>> >
>> > part Dawn dish soap to two parts hydrogen peroxide? I'd like to know
>> >
>> > how it worked on (kitchen) grease stains and particularly those that
>> >
>> > were on colored clothing... if it got the grease out, how did the
>> >
>> > color fare?
>> >

>> Have you tried WD/40 or lighter fluid?

> No! I've never heard of either product being used for that purpose.
> I don't ever have lighter fluid in the house (don't smoke) and didn't
> know WD/40 could take it out. If you asked me, I'd say WD/40 would
> make an oil stain - not remove one. Thanks.

She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised for.
I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:35:34 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
>> wrote:

>>> Have you tried WD/40 or lighter fluid?

>> No! I've never heard of either product being used for that purpose.
>> I don't ever have lighter fluid in the house (don't smoke) and didn't
>> know WD/40 could take it out. If you asked me, I'd say WD/40 would
>> make an oil stain - not remove one. Thanks.

> She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
> for.
> I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

Here you go

http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 5:03 AM, Ophelia wrote to sf:
>>> No! I've never heard of either product being used for that purpose.
>>> I don't ever have lighter fluid in the house (don't smoke) and didn't
>>> know WD/40 could take it out. If you asked me, I'd say WD/40 would
>>> make an oil stain - not remove one. Thanks.

>> She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
>> for.
>> I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

> Here you go
>
> http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

That's quite a list! Note it is compiled by users of WD40 and there is
a disclaimer: "These uses have not been tested by WD-40 Company".

Some uses are rather amusing:

- Removes lipstick from carpet
- Removes mascara from tile floors
- Removes melted scotch tape from dining room table
- Cleans peanut butter from shoestrings

I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:03:21 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> >

> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
> > for.
> > I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

> Here you go
>
> http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
>>> for.
>>> I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

>> Here you go
>>
>> http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

> That's quite a list! Note it is compiled by users of WD40 and there is a
> disclaimer: "These uses have not been tested by WD-40 Company".
>
> Some uses are rather amusing:
>
> - Removes lipstick from carpet
> - Removes mascara from tile floors
> - Removes melted scotch tape from dining room table
> - Cleans peanut butter from shoestrings
>
> I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

lol it depends on the clothes I suppose
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
something I'd like to wear in public.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

> You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
> something I'd like to wear in public.

I agree. You could try it out on something not so important I suppose. If
you do, will you report back?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 5:03 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote

>> She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
>> for.
>> I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

> Here you go
>
> http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

This might be my favorite:

Keeps kitty-doo from sticking to electric cat-box rakes

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 8/24/2013 5:03 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote

>>> She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
>>> for.
>>> I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

>> Here you go
>>
>> http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

> This might be my favorite:
>>

> Keeps kitty-doo from sticking to electric cat-box rakes

rofl I missed that one ewwwwwwwwwwwwww )
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> > I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

> You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
> something I'd like to wear in public.

I'm guessing that it will remove a stain but then leave an alt.oil
stain on clothes. ;-o

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:04:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

> > You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
> > something I'd like to wear in public.

> I'm guessing that it will remove a stain but then leave an alt.oil
> stain on clothes. ;-o

That's what I was thinking too, Gary. I'm not into trading one stain
for another.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 9:24 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/24/2013 5:03 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Ophelia" > wrote

>>> She is correct though, WD40 can do a lot of things it isn't advertised
>>> for.
>>> I had a list somewhere, I will try to find it for you.

>> Here you go
>>
>> http://wd40.com/files/pdf/wd-40_2042538679.pdf

> This might be my favorite:
>>

> Keeps kitty-doo from sticking to electric cat-box rakes
>
> nancy

Do you know anyone with an electric litterbox?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 7:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> - Removes lipstick from carpet
> - Removes mascara from tile floors
> - Removes melted scotch tape from dining room table
> - Cleans peanut butter from shoestrings

I'll bet there was an amusing story behind that lipstick on the carpet.
Lip shaped?

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 11:19 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/24/2013 9:24 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> This might be my favorite:
>>>

>> Keeps kitty-doo from sticking to electric cat-box rakes

> Do you know anyone with an electric litterbox?

Nope. I never asked, so who knows.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 11:25 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 8/24/2013 7:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> - Removes lipstick from carpet
>> - Removes mascara from tile floors
>> - Removes melted scotch tape from dining room table
>> - Cleans peanut butter from shoestrings

> I'll bet there was an amusing story behind that lipstick on the carpet.
> Lip shaped?

I'm thinking some overwhelming sexual urge. I'd be more worried about
carpet burns. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 11:41 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 8/24/2013 11:19 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 8/24/2013 9:24 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> This might be my favorite:
>>>>
>>> Keeps kitty-doo from sticking to electric cat-box rakes

>> Do you know anyone with an electric litterbox?

> Nope. I never asked, so who knows.
>
> nancy

Seems like more of a PITA than a poop scoop.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:04:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:

>> > You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
>> > something I'd like to wear in public.

>> I'm guessing that it will remove a stain but then leave an alt.oil
>> stain on clothes. ;-o
>>

> That's what I was thinking too, Gary. I'm not into trading one stain
> for another.

It might be an idea to try it out on something that doesn't matter too much.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 8/24/2013 7:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> - Removes lipstick from carpet
>> - Removes mascara from tile floors
>> - Removes melted scotch tape from dining room table
>> - Cleans peanut butter from shoestrings

> I'll bet there was an amusing story behind that lipstick on the carpet.
> Lip shaped?

Cheryl!! What can you mean ????

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:29:04 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>> I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

>You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
>something I'd like to wear in public.

I'd certainly us caution. WD-40 has an oil base. The thin oil may
act as a solvent to break down the heavier oil in the stain and help
it wash out. Depending on the material and dye, it may be gone, or it
may just be a lighter but larger stain.

I'd try it before tossing the garment if it comes down to that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 17:06:52 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> eb.com...
> > On 8/24/2013 7:46 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> - Removes lipstick from carpet
> >> - Removes mascara from tile floors
> >> - Removes melted scotch tape from dining room table
> >> - Cleans peanut butter from shoestrings

> > I'll bet there was an amusing story behind that lipstick on the carpet.
> > Lip shaped?

> Cheryl!! What can you mean ????

It's probably some little girl playing with mommy's old makeup who
decided it would make a dandy crayon for carpet art.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 14:47:08 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:29:04 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
>>wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

>>You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
>>something I'd like to wear in public.

>I'd certainly us caution. WD-40 has an oil base. The thin oil may
>act as a solvent to break down the heavier oil in the stain and help
>it wash out. Depending on the material and dye, it may be gone, or it
>may just be a lighter but larger stain.
>
>I'd try it before tossing the garment if it comes down to that.

It's more important to not get it on your skin or breath its fumes,
read the label. WD-40 is not a toy. I would not spray it on
clothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2013 11:57 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/24/2013 11:41 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Do you know anyone with an electric litterbox?

>> Nope. I never asked, so who knows.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Seems like more of a PITA than a poop scoop.
>
> Jill

My sister had one of those. She got it free from someone on Freecycle.
There's a reason people give those things away. It wasn't working when
I went over to take care of her cats one time when she had to go out of
town. It was a horrible mess. Even if you scoop, the smell is terrible
because of the tines that are just caked with dirty kitty litter. I'll
do it the old fashioned way, tyvm.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:29:04 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 07:46:56 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think I'd spray it on my clothes to remove a stain.

>> You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
>> something I'd like to wear in public.

> I'd certainly us caution. WD-40 has an oil base. The thin oil may
> act as a solvent to break down the heavier oil in the stain and help
> it wash out. Depending on the material and dye, it may be gone, or it
> may just be a lighter but larger stain.
>
> I'd try it before tossing the garment if it comes down to that.

And the mineral spirits in it.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gregz > wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 05:29:04 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>> You're right. I'm still skeptical of that idea, especially when it's
>>> something I'd like to wear in public.

>> I'd certainly us caution. WD-40 has an oil base. The thin oil may
>> act as a solvent to break down the heavier oil in the stain and help
>> it wash out. Depending on the material and dye, it may be gone, or it
>> may just be a lighter but larger stain.
>>
>> I'd try it before tossing the garment if it comes down to that.

> And the mineral spirits in it.
>
> Greg

Actually, the mineral spirits act first, and the thin oil keeps it oily.
After, I would manually wash out with a degreaser, then wash.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
b.com...
> On 8/24/2013 11:57 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Nope. I never asked, so who knows.
>>>
>>> nancy
>>>

>> Seems like more of a PITA than a poop scoop.
>>
>> Jill

> My sister had one of those. She got it free from someone on Freecycle.
> There's a reason people give those things away. It wasn't working when I
> went over to take care of her cats one time when she had to go out of
> town. It was a horrible mess. Even if you scoop, the smell is terrible
> because of the tines that are just caked with dirty kitty litter. I'll do
> it the old fashioned way, tyvm.

I am confused here not having heard of such a thing. How does the rake
benefit from being electric?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2013 5:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheryl" > wrote

>>> Seems like more of a PITA than a poop scoop.

>> My sister had one of those. She got it free from someone on Freecycle.
>> There's a reason people give those things away. It wasn't working
>> when I went over to take care of her cats one time when she had to go
>> out of town. It was a horrible mess. Even if you scoop, the smell is
>> terrible because of the tines that are just caked with dirty kitty
>> litter. I'll do it the old fashioned way, tyvm.

> I am confused here not having heard of such a thing. How does the rake
> benefit from being electric?

It's a litter box that senses when the cat has left the box and rakes
it. I'm too lazy to look up where it scoops it to, but you get the
idea.

My cat is an absolute angel about using her box, I'm not about to
get one that might spook her by springing to life as she is walking
away. Heh. She's a nervous little thing for being such a toughy.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 8/25/2013 5:29 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> My sister had one of those. She got it free from someone on Freecycle.
>>> There's a reason people give those things away. It wasn't working
>>> when I went over to take care of her cats one time when she had to go
>>> out of town. It was a horrible mess. Even if you scoop, the smell is
>>> terrible because of the tines that are just caked with dirty kitty
>>> litter. I'll do it the old fashioned way, tyvm.

>> I am confused here not having heard of such a thing. How does the rake
>> benefit from being electric?

> It's a litter box that senses when the cat has left the box and rakes
> it. I'm too lazy to look up where it scoops it to, but you get the
> idea.
>
> My cat is an absolute angel about using her box, I'm not about to
> get one that might spook her by springing to life as she is walking
> away. Heh. She's a nervous little thing for being such a toughy.

yes Better not spook her

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

a different kind of uni? Lori Lee[_2_] Sushi 15 08-06-2016 07:05 AM
Does anyone know what kind of pan this is? [email protected] General Cooking 11 10-05-2009 08:48 AM
looking for one of a kind chance Tea 16 12-03-2008 06:59 AM
What kind of pan to get? CackleJack General Cooking 4 19-05-2006 12:22 AM
Tomato Sauce- do you mean the Aussie kind or the American kind? [email protected] Preserving 5 22-03-2004 06:24 AM