Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default spaghetti to the angry

This thing came to my mind while posting the picture of the barilla
cellentani which a site had mispelled in cellantini. The mispellings and
errors are countless also in the other way around, from italian to english.

This dish, "spaghetti to the angry", is on the external menu' of a
restaurant near here, they wrote it in italian and english. They just
translated "spaghetti all'arrabbiata" in the most litheral possible way, and
the result is that.

Matches well with the fake-italian restaurant I saw in Amsterdam years ago,
run by turkish people. Their menu listed many dishes of pasta al forno and
one was "pene al forno", they forgot an N in "penne" thusly creating a
phrase which translates to "baked penises". We were all ROTFLing in the
street in front of their restaurant, literally ROTFling, and those two
waiters were looking at us with a guessing expression on their faces
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/25/2013 6:49 AM, ViLco wrote:
> This thing came to my mind while posting the picture of the barilla
> cellentani which a site had mispelled in cellantini. The mispellings and
> errors are countless also in the other way around, from italian to english.
>
> This dish, "spaghetti to the angry", is on the external menu' of a
> restaurant near here, they wrote it in italian and english. They just
> translated "spaghetti all'arrabbiata" in the most litheral possible way, and
> the result is that.
>
> Matches well with the fake-italian restaurant I saw in Amsterdam years ago,
> run by turkish people. Their menu listed many dishes of pasta al forno and
> one was "pene al forno", they forgot an N in "penne" thusly creating a
> phrase which translates to "baked penises". We were all ROTFLing in the
> street in front of their restaurant, literally ROTFling, and those two
> waiters were looking at us with a guessing expression on their faces

LOL! Some things simply don't translate well. And if you don't spell
it right in the first place... oops!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ViLco wrote:
> This thing came to my mind while posting the picture of the barilla
> cellentani which a site had mispelled in cellantini. The mispellings
> and errors are countless also in the other way around, from italian
> to english.
> This dish, "spaghetti to the angry", is on the external menu' of a
> restaurant near here, they wrote it in italian and english. They just
> translated "spaghetti all'arrabbiata" in the most litheral possible
> way, and the result is that.
>
> Matches well with the fake-italian restaurant I saw in Amsterdam
> years ago, run by turkish people. Their menu listed many dishes of
> pasta al forno and one was "pene al forno", they forgot an N in
> "penne" thusly creating a phrase which translates to "baked penises".
> We were all ROTFLing in the street in front of their restaurant,
> literally ROTFling, and those two waiters were looking at us with a
> guessing expression on their faces

There's a web site - I think it's engrish.com - that I remember has
things like this.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> This thing came to my mind while posting the picture of the barilla
> cellentani which a site had mispelled in cellantini. The mispellings and
> errors are countless also in the other way around, from italian to
> english.
>
> This dish, "spaghetti to the angry", is on the external menu' of a
> restaurant near here, they wrote it in italian and english. They just
> translated "spaghetti all'arrabbiata" in the most litheral possible way,
> and the result is that.
>
> Matches well with the fake-italian restaurant I saw in Amsterdam years
> ago, run by turkish people. Their menu listed many dishes of pasta al
> forno and one was "pene al forno", they forgot an N in "penne" thusly
> creating a phrase which translates to "baked penises". We were all
> ROTFLing in the street in front of their restaurant, literally ROTFling,
> and those two waiters were looking at us with a guessing expression on
> their faces

That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where they
featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't think they even
had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine changed their menu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
> they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
> think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
> changed their menu.

Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
>> they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
>> think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
>> changed their menu.

> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

Interesting! Here, a lot of the Asian takeout places sell both Chinese and
Japanese food. Sometimes they even have some Korean stuff thrown in there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

>> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

> Interesting! Here, a lot of the Asian takeout places sell both
> Chinese and Japanese food. Sometimes they even have some Korean
> stuff thrown in there.

For something korean or vietnamese or thai I'd have to drive to at least
Bologna, here in these small towns there are just chinese and fake japanese
places. in the lastyears the chinese started many "all you can eta" type
places, where ona pays 8-10 euros around noon and 10-12 in the evening. One
of those, along with a new McDonald's, are killin' one of the few remaining
sandwich trucks, those who cook sausage and hotdogs on a griddle / hotplate
along with onion and peppers. I love their sausage + onion + mayo + ketchup
ciabattina
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:46:38 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> >> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

> > Interesting! Here, a lot of the Asian takeout places sell both
> > Chinese and Japanese food. Sometimes they even have some Korean
> > stuff thrown in there.

> For something korean or vietnamese or thai I'd have to drive to at least
> Bologna, here in these small towns there are just chinese and fake japanese
> places. in the lastyears the chinese started many "all you can eta" type
> places, where ona pays 8-10 euros around noon and 10-12 in the evening. One
> of those, along with a new McDonald's, are killin' one of the few remaining
> sandwich trucks, those who cook sausage and hotdogs on a griddle / hotplate
> along with onion and peppers. I love their sausage + onion + mayo + ketchup
> ciabattina

Don't worry, food trucks will make a comeback - they certainly have
here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "ViLco" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> >> That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
> >> they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
> >> think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
> >> changed their menu.

> > Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

> Interesting! Here, a lot of the Asian takeout places sell both Chinese and
> Japanese food. Sometimes they even have some Korean stuff thrown in there.

It really doesn't matter what nationality cooks the food as long as they
know what they are doing.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:

>> > Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

>> Interesting! Here, a lot of the Asian takeout places sell both Chinese
>> and
>> Japanese food. Sometimes they even have some Korean stuff thrown in
>> there.

> It really doesn't matter what nationality cooks the food as long as they
> know what they are doing.

or the customers don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:14:52 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:

>> > Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

>> Interesting! Here, a lot of the Asian takeout places sell both Chinese and
>> Japanese food. Sometimes they even have some Korean stuff thrown in there.

>It really doesn't matter what nationality cooks the food as long as they
>know what they are doing.
>
>G.

And in the US (Italy too) what's called Asian food is really just
ordinary local dishes with an accent... in Italy they serve Tofu
Puttanesca.
http://www.theppk.com/puttanesca-scramble/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:54:03 +0200, "ViLco" > wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
> > they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
> > think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
> > changed their menu.

> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese.

I don't know about the owners, but there are Chinese cooks in the
Kitchen. Here's Italian restaurants have Chinese cooks in the kitchen
and Japanese restaurants have Mexicans. It's just another
manifestation of our global economy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 26, 2013 12:54:03 AM UTC-7, ViLco wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>

> > That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
> > they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
> > think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
> > changed their menu.

> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

The owners of my favorite Japanese restaurant sold the place to a Korean couple. The Japanese restaurant we once ate at in DC had an all-Chinese waitstaff.

The oddest thing was the Greek restaurant whose owners sold to their Mexican employees.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:54:03 +0200, ViLco wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
>>> they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
>>> think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
>>> changed their menu.

>> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

> And sushi restaurants in the U.S. run by Koreans. And most of the
> Chinese places have Mexican cooks.

we have a sushi place near here that is run by Mexicans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> And most of the
> Chinese places have Mexican cooks.

You ****ing racist ****.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dr. Smeckle" > wrote:
>Sqwertz wrote:
>> And most of the
>> Chinese places have Mexican cooks.

>You ****ing racist ****.
> Dr.Schmeckle

Shut it, ****!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> "Dr. Smeckle" > wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> And most of the
>>> Chinese places have Mexican cooks.

>> You ****ing racist ****.
>> Dr.Schmeckle

> Shut it, ****!

Do not **** with me old man, you will regret it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:00:42 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:54:03 +0200, ViLco wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
>>> they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
>>> think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
>>> changed their menu.

>> Like japanese restaurants in Italy: all run by chinese

>And sushi restaurants in the U.S. run by Koreans. And most of the
>Chinese places have Mexican cooks.
>
>-sw

Yeah, in Texas it's chow mein tacos! There isn't even one Chinese
restaurant in all Texas... they do fercocktah Asian Fusion is all.
http://www.pfchangs.com/locations/lo...&button=Submit
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/26/2013 6:20 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:38:47 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> Yeah, in Texas it's chow mein tacos! There isn't even one Chinese
>> restaurant in all Texas... they do fercocktah Asian Fusion is all.

> Of course YOU would be the expert on Chinese dining in Texas.
>
> We have several very authentic Cantonese and Sichuanese restaurants in
> my area. The fact that we have PF Changs (or Panda Express would have
> been a better example) means absolutely nothing to a logical person.
>
> You, OTOH, wouldn't have a clue about authentic Chinese restaurants.
> Or any other ethnic cuisine except maybe for kike cuisine. And even
> that I highly doubt since others have shot you down on that as well.
>
> ObFood: Texas-style Raclette plate for dinner tonight:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...7162/lightbox/
>
> -sw

Oh look, he actually stole A pic from Gerardus in abf and represented it
as his own.

What a loser.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> You, OTOH, wouldn't have a clue about authentic Chinese restaurants.
> Or any other ethnic cuisine except maybe for kike cuisine.

Oh my, the racism is back in play again..."kike"?

Wowzwers, you ****ing scumsucking whore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> That is funny! I just saw an episode of Restaurant Impossible where
> they featured an Italian restaurant not run by Italians. I don't
> think they even had any Italians working in there. Robert Irvine
> changed their menu.

We have such a thing not too far from us - opened as a Greek restaurant,
then changed to be an Italian restaurant, still run by the same Greek
family, and still with some Greek staples on the menu. It wasn't
successful as a Greek restaurant but has now been open a number of years
as an Italian restaurant. I confess that we haven't eaten there since
they changed their menu's ethnicity, however, but we drive by it
regularly.

-S-

Do you get angry about food? Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 7 12-06-2012 09:39 AM
Spaghetti aglio e olio (garlic and oil spaghetti) ViLco General Cooking 34 21-03-2012 03:58 PM
China angry at U.S. retailer Mark Thorson General Cooking 16 03-11-2011 07:50 AM
Two Angry Moms aem General Cooking 50 18-10-2007 10:40 PM
Angry Chicken Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-06-2005 10:35 PM