Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default turmeric

thread about how much garlic

I can definitively state that you can never have too much turmeric

I buy bulky half kilogram bags and lost control when adding "some" powder to
a saucepan of rice

huge wad landed in it

couldn't taste thing when it came to eating it

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gill Smith" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> thread about how much garlic
>
> I can definitively state that you can never have too much turmeric
>
> I buy bulky half kilogram bags and lost control when adding "some" powder
> to a saucepan of rice
>
> huge wad landed in it
>
> couldn't taste thing when it came to eating it

I've never bought turmeric... what is it good in? (preferably non meat
things)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." > wrote in message
> "Gill Smith" > wrote in message
> o.uk...
>> thread about how much garlic
>>
>> I can definitively state that you can never have too much turmeric
>>
>> I buy bulky half kilogram bags and lost control when adding "some" powder
>> to a saucepan of rice
>>
>> huge wad landed in it
>>
>> couldn't taste thing when it came to eating it

> I've never bought turmeric... what is it good in? (preferably non meat
> things)

I only use it to colour up the rice

maybe fool myself into believing it's saffron

but, you' ve guessed it - it's an anti-cancer agent......

--
http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gill Smith" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> but, you' ve guessed it - it's an anti-cancer agent......

my ex said she got a call Friday after having a mammogram... Hopefully,
just a blur and nothing. Why does god make things so fun, also deadly?

I don't want her to die before me... we have a weirdass bond.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gill Smith wrote:
> "Richard K." > wrote in message
>> "Gill Smith" > wrote in message
>> o.uk...
>>> thread about how much garlic
>>>
>>> I can definitively state that you can never have too much turmeric
>>>
>>> I buy bulky half kilogram bags and lost control when adding "some" powder
>>> to a saucepan of rice
>>>
>>> huge wad landed in it
>>>
>>> couldn't taste thing when it came to eating it

>> I've never bought turmeric... what is it good in? (preferably non meat
>> things)

> I only use it to colour up the rice
>
> maybe fool myself into believing it's saffron
>
> but, you' ve guessed it - it's an anti-cancer agent......
>
> --
> http://www.gillsmith999.plus.com/

and possibly good for staving off alz. I frequently add it to egg
things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 13, 6:43*am, "Gill Smith" >
wrote:

> > I've never bought turmeric... *what is it good in? *(preferably non meat
> > things)

> I only use it to colour up the rice
>
> maybe fool myself into believing it's saffron
>
> but, you' ve guessed it - it's an anti-cancer agent......

I've seen it advertised as a naturalist decongestant for the
nose. Tried it. It didn't work. But my nose was in bad shape at the
time from over-using OTC nasal spray and getting rebound effect. I
think it's a minor stimulant of some sort as typically things that
dilate your breathing tubes fall into that category.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

The wife takes a capsule of turmeric every morning for it's
anti-inflammatory properties. I read that cinnamon too works the same
way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/14/2012 12:18 PM, gtr wrote:
> The wife takes a capsule of turmeric every morning for it's
> anti-inflammatory properties. I read that cinnamon too works the same
> way.

Turmeric does have a discernible taste to me even if its major use is as
a coloring. It's got some folk health benefits too, I am told.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 14, 12:18*pm, gtr > wrote:

> The wife takes a capsule of turmeric every morning for it's
> anti-inflammatory properties. *I read that cinnamon too works the same
> way.

I believe a lot of these natural methods work, but more as a
preventative approach than an acute cure. A person with major sleep
problems, or someone with a totally stuffed nose, will not find
instant relief from valerian root or turmeric or any naturalist method
touted as a cure or quick fix. But I am by no means siding against
it. I'm for anything that works, a combination of methods. I'm
open. But it was funny the way I read about turnmeric being good to
open the nose, then went out and bought the smallest bottle I could
find, and drizzled it by hand into my nostrils because they were so
clogged I couldn't breathe through either one. Anyway, the stuff
didn't work. Also, sorry, one thing leads to another - speaking of
naturalist medicines - again, not taking sides - the thing I don't
like is that those who tout them for everything are going strictly on
the word 'natural' which is used a lot in advertising these days -
when in truth I'm sure there are many natural ingredients that are
every bit as harmful if not more so than proven and consistently dosed
prescription medicines. Valerian root for instance. It does work,
I've used it - but I don't like the way it makes me feel (everything
has side effects) (reading my posts can be hazardous to the eyes, and
more - read the small print) - and honestly believe the 5 mil valium I
take at bedtime is more effective and safer even if it's not what we
call 'natural'. But I do believe in using whatever works, not pitting
one way against another.

TJ

Turmeric not a wonder spice graham[_4_] General Cooking 32 21-01-2017 06:38 PM
Turmeric stains Jeßus[_61_] General Cooking 12 27-12-2016 09:02 PM
Turmeric La Mirada General Cooking 149 10-06-2015 01:55 AM
Turmeric Nick Cramer Diabetic 34 04-01-2010 04:09 PM
Turmeric No One General Cooking 6 17-08-2006 08:29 PM