Old 03-10-2012, 01:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default banana pepper question

sometimes there's the middle part, and not just the ring... Is that safe to
eat?

Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody 00xc.t" wrote:

sometimes there's the middle part, and not just the ring... Is that safe to
eat?

With hot peppers, like banana peppers, you should always include the middle
part and seeds. It's the seeds that give you the heat.

The only peppers I remove seeds from are the bell peppers.

G.

I like sliced banana peppers on pizza sometimes.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...
"Somebody 00xc.t" wrote:

sometimes there's the middle part, and not just the ring... Is that safe
eat?

With hot peppers, like banana peppers, you should always include the
middle
part and seeds. It's the seeds that give you the heat.

The only peppers I remove seeds from are the bell peppers.

G.

I like sliced banana peppers on pizza sometimes.

yeah, on pizza good once in a while when feeling like something spicy.

I grew some this year. They grew surprising well. About a dozen and more.
Bigguns.. but when I tried one, kinda bland. Even though red... I cut a
couple up and put Kroger banana pepper juice on them.

Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 5:59*am, Gary wrote:
"Somebody 00xc.t" wrote:

With hot peppers, like banana peppers, you should always include the middle
part and seeds. *It's the seeds that give you the heat.

The only peppers I remove seeds from are the bell peppers.

G.

I like sliced banana peppers on pizza sometimes.

It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Old 03-10-2012, 02:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Helpful person" wrote in message

It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.
---

white pith? That was a pithy reply, but please expound on it. Not really
seeing "white pith"

Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"John2x" wrote in message

I thought the heat was in the seeds, but you're right:

http://www.hotpepperseeds.com/PepperFAQ.asp#3-2

--
John

my whole world has been turned upside down... it's like when I realized
people died not just for Jesus, but Hitler...

Are you batman or hitler this week?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 6:50*am, John2x wrote:
On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 06:30:23 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person

It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.

I thought the heat was in the seeds, but you're right:

http://www.hotpepperseeds.com/PepperFAQ.asp#3-2

--
John

It's a common misconception although I'm not sure why. All you have
to do is taste the various parts.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Old 03-10-2012, 03:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 6:35*am, "Somebody 1.0" wrote:
"Helpful person" wrote in message

It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.
---

white pith? *That was a pithy reply, but please expound on it. *Not really
seeing "white pith"

It's generally on the inside ribs.

http://www.richardfisher.com