Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default banana pepper question

sometimes there's the middle part, and not just the ring... Is that safe to
eat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody 00xc.t" wrote:

> sometimes there's the middle part, and not just the ring... Is that safe to
> eat?

With hot peppers, like banana peppers, you should always include the middle
part and seeds. It's the seeds that give you the heat.

The only peppers I remove seeds from are the bell peppers.

G.

I like sliced banana peppers on pizza sometimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> "Somebody 00xc.t" wrote:
>>
>> sometimes there's the middle part, and not just the ring... Is that safe
>> eat?

> With hot peppers, like banana peppers, you should always include the
> middle
> part and seeds. It's the seeds that give you the heat.
>
> The only peppers I remove seeds from are the bell peppers.
>
> G.
>
> I like sliced banana peppers on pizza sometimes.

yeah, on pizza good once in a while when feeling like something spicy.

I grew some this year. They grew surprising well. About a dozen and more.
Bigguns.. but when I tried one, kinda bland. Even though red... I cut a
couple up and put Kroger banana pepper juice on them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 5:59*am, Gary > wrote:
> "Somebody 00xc.t" wrote:
>
> With hot peppers, like banana peppers, you should always include the middle
> part and seeds. *It's the seeds that give you the heat.
>
> The only peppers I remove seeds from are the bell peppers.
>
> G.
>
> I like sliced banana peppers on pizza sometimes.

It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Helpful person" > wrote in message

It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.
---

white pith? That was a pithy reply, but please expound on it. Not really
seeing "white pith"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John2x" > wrote in message

> I thought the heat was in the seeds, but you're right:
>
> <http://www.hotpepperseeds.com/PepperFAQ.asp#3-2>
>
> --
> John

my whole world has been turned upside down... it's like when I realized
people died not just for Jesus, but Hitler...

Are you batman or hitler this week?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 6:50*am, John2x > wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 06:30:23 -0700 (PDT), Helpful person
>
> >It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.

> I thought the heat was in the seeds, but you're right:
>
> <http://www.hotpepperseeds.com/PepperFAQ.asp#3-2>
>
> --
> John

It's a common misconception although I'm not sure why. All you have
to do is taste the various parts.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 3, 6:35*am, "Somebody 1.0" > wrote:
> "Helpful person" > wrote in message

> It's not the seeds but the white pith that carriers most of the heart.
> ---
>
> white pith? *That was a pithy reply, but please expound on it. *Not really
> seeing "white pith"

It's generally on the inside ribs.

http://www.richardfisher.com