Old 30-09-2012, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default best fries

Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
my "go to fries"

Old 30-09-2012, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
my "go to fries"

Been eating some good fries at a roadside trailer. Philly cheesesteak and
fries $5
More fries than you can eat in one sitting. I watch him put ,4-5 potatoes
into the shredder, right into fryer. Name of the place, Philly cheesesteak
and fries, I guess.

Greg
Old 30-09-2012, 08:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"gregz" wrote in message
"Somebody" wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are
becoming
my "go to fries"

Been eating some good fries at a roadside trailer. Philly cheesesteak and
fries $5
More fries than you can eat in one sitting. I watch him put ,4-5 potatoes
into the shredder, right into fryer. Name of the place, Philly cheesesteak
and fries, I guess.

Greg

unfortunate fries don't keep well.... but I microwave them when cold. At
first they just get soggy, but if you power through that, then they turn
into potato sticks.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" wrote:
"gregz" wrote in message
"Somebody" wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are
becoming
my "go to fries"

Been eating some good fries at a roadside trailer. Philly cheesesteak and
fries $5
More fries than you can eat in one sitting. I watch him put ,4-5 potatoes
into the shredder, right into fryer. Name of the place, Philly cheesesteak
and fries, I guess.

Greg

unfortunate fries don't keep well.... but I microwave them when cold. At
first they just get soggy, but if you power through that, then they turn
into potato sticks.

I reheat with my super turbo oven. Whenever somebody wraps up in foil, I
first open it back up to breath. Should use paper or cardboard, except one
thing foil does good, is not impart flavor.

Greg
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:04:29 PM UTC-5, Somebody wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming

my "go to fries"

I can see liking their fries, but every single other item Rally's sells is worst-in-industry. "You gotta eat" translates into "You gotta eat, so you might as well eat this slop as anything else." Rally's exists in a parallel universe called the Arbyverse, along with Sonic and Subway. Years ago, Hardee's also existed there, but somehow they came through a wormhole or something into the edible universe, an event that I believe is unique in fast food physics.

--Bryan

Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 29, 9:04*pm, "Somebody" wrote:
Penn Station? *Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. *Rally's are becoming
my "go to fries"

Penn Station Fries are really good; I'm not a fry eater in general but
when I lived in Cincinnati I ate there for lunch once a week or so,
and it was the fresh cut fries. I visited Canton Ohio back in 2010
and made it a point to seek out the local Penn Station for a
cheesesteak sub and fries.

Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
reasonably priced.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael OConnor" wrote in message

Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
reasonably priced.

---

how was the seasoning?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/29/2012 3:04 PM, Somebody wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
my "go to fries"

Here's a great way to serve fries: glop on some mayo mixed with wasabi
in a container and shake to coat fries. Sprinkle with furikaki and dig
it. It's tasty!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message
On 9/29/2012 3:04 PM, Somebody wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are
becoming
my "go to fries"

Here's a great way to serve fries: glop on some mayo mixed with wasabi in
a container and shake to coat fries. Sprinkle with furikaki and dig it.
It's tasty!

are you trying to make me throw up?

I can't do wasabi... tried once. Rather eat beetles!

Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXLp2z6xL4

Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 6:13*pm, "Somebody 2.94" wrote:
"Michael OConnor" wrote in message

Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
reasonably priced.

---

how was the seasoning?

I didn't get the seasoned fries but got the regular fries. After I
ate there, I had people tell me the seasoned fries were much better.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael OConnor wrote:

On Oct 2, 6:13 pm, "Somebody 2.94" wrote:
"Michael OConnor" wrote in message

Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
reasonably priced.

---

how was the seasoning?

I didn't get the seasoned fries but got the regular fries. After I
ate there, I had people tell me the seasoned fries were much better.

Back when I bought frozen fries, the seasoned ones were much better to me.
Occasionally I bought plain shoestrings but mostly the seasoned ones.

And *that* info was completely worthless to the rest of you.

G.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael OConnor" wrote in message

I didn't get the seasoned fries but got the regular fries. After I
ate there, I had people tell me the seasoned fries were much better.

---

seasoned are always best... when are you going back?

Old 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Back when I bought frozen fries, the seasoned ones were much better to me.
Occasionally I bought plain shoestrings but mostly the seasoned ones.

And *that* info was completely worthless to the rest of you.

G.

Of all the stooges, I like curly fries the best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hPnZUMBwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgVRJ-H8U

Old 03-10-2012, 03:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:04:29 PM UTC-4, Somebody wrote:
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming

my "go to fries"

I hate to give it away because the place is super crowded as it is. But so far for me the best are the duck fat fries at Village Whiskey in PA.

What Cut Fries? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 34 06-02-2012 05:51 PM
I tried the BK fries too. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 7 24-12-2011 03:58 AM
Yam Fries? tofuqueen General Cooking 4 12-04-2007 02:47 PM
It *comes* with fries ... Nancy Young General Cooking 8 03-04-2006 03:56 AM