Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default best fries

Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
my "go to fries"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote:
> Penn Station? Rally's?
>
> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
> my "go to fries"

Been eating some good fries at a roadside trailer. Philly cheesesteak and
fries $5
More fries than you can eat in one sitting. I watch him put ,4-5 potatoes
into the shredder, right into fryer. Name of the place, Philly cheesesteak
and fries, I guess.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gregz" > wrote in message
> "Somebody" > wrote:
>> Penn Station? Rally's?
>>
>> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are
>> becoming
>> my "go to fries"

> Been eating some good fries at a roadside trailer. Philly cheesesteak and
> fries $5
> More fries than you can eat in one sitting. I watch him put ,4-5 potatoes
> into the shredder, right into fryer. Name of the place, Philly cheesesteak
> and fries, I guess.
>
> Greg

unfortunate fries don't keep well.... but I microwave them when cold. At
first they just get soggy, but if you power through that, then they turn
into potato sticks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Somebody" > wrote:
> "gregz" > wrote in message
>> "Somebody" > wrote:
>>> Penn Station? Rally's?
>>>
>>> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are
>>> becoming
>>> my "go to fries"

>> Been eating some good fries at a roadside trailer. Philly cheesesteak and
>> fries $5
>> More fries than you can eat in one sitting. I watch him put ,4-5 potatoes
>> into the shredder, right into fryer. Name of the place, Philly cheesesteak
>> and fries, I guess.
>>
>> Greg

> unfortunate fries don't keep well.... but I microwave them when cold. At
> first they just get soggy, but if you power through that, then they turn
> into potato sticks.

I reheat with my super turbo oven. Whenever somebody wraps up in foil, I
first open it back up to breath. Should use paper or cardboard, except one
thing foil does good, is not impart flavor.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:04:29 PM UTC-5, Somebody wrote:
> Penn Station? Rally's?
>

> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
>
> my "go to fries"

I can see liking their fries, but every single other item Rally's sells is worst-in-industry. "You gotta eat" translates into "You gotta eat, so you might as well eat this slop as anything else." Rally's exists in a parallel universe called the Arbyverse, along with Sonic and Subway. Years ago, Hardee's also existed there, but somehow they came through a wormhole or something into the edible universe, an event that I believe is unique in fast food physics.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 29, 9:04*pm, "Somebody" > wrote:
> Penn Station? *Rally's?
>
> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. *Rally's are becoming
> my "go to fries"

Penn Station Fries are really good; I'm not a fry eater in general but
when I lived in Cincinnati I ate there for lunch once a week or so,
and it was the fresh cut fries. I visited Canton Ohio back in 2010
and made it a point to seek out the local Penn Station for a
cheesesteak sub and fries.

Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
reasonably priced.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael OConnor" > wrote in message

Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
reasonably priced.

---

how was the seasoning?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/29/2012 3:04 PM, Somebody wrote:
> Penn Station? Rally's?
>
> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
> my "go to fries"

Here's a great way to serve fries: glop on some mayo mixed with wasabi
in a container and shake to coat fries. Sprinkle with furikaki and dig
it. It's tasty!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/29/2012 3:04 PM, Somebody wrote:
>> Penn Station? Rally's?
>>
>> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are
>> becoming
>> my "go to fries"
>>

> Here's a great way to serve fries: glop on some mayo mixed with wasabi in
> a container and shake to coat fries. Sprinkle with furikaki and dig it.
> It's tasty!

are you trying to make me throw up?

I can't do wasabi... tried once. Rather eat beetles!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> Here's a great way to serve fries: glop on some mayo mixed with wasabi in
> a container and shake to coat fries. Sprinkle with furikaki and dig it.
> It's tasty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbXLp2z6xL4

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 2, 6:13*pm, "Somebody 2.94" > wrote:
> "Michael OConnor" > wrote in message

> Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
> those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
> reasonably priced.
>
> ---
>
> how was the seasoning?

I didn't get the seasoned fries but got the regular fries. After I
ate there, I had people tell me the seasoned fries were much better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael OConnor wrote:

> On Oct 2, 6:13 pm, "Somebody 2.94" > wrote:
> > "Michael OConnor" > wrote in message

> > Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
> > those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
> > reasonably priced.
> >
> > ---
> >
> > how was the seasoning?

> I didn't get the seasoned fries but got the regular fries. After I
> ate there, I had people tell me the seasoned fries were much better.

Back when I bought frozen fries, the seasoned ones were much better to me.
Occasionally I bought plain shoestrings but mostly the seasoned ones.

And *that* info was completely worthless to the rest of you.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael OConnor" > wrote in message

I didn't get the seasoned fries but got the regular fries. After I
ate there, I had people tell me the seasoned fries were much better.

---

seasoned are always best... when are you going back?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...

> Back when I bought frozen fries, the seasoned ones were much better to me.
> Occasionally I bought plain shoestrings but mostly the seasoned ones.
>
> And *that* info was completely worthless to the rest of you.
>
> G.

Of all the stooges, I like curly fries the best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hPnZUMBwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgVRJ-H8U

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:04:29 PM UTC-4, Somebody wrote:
> Penn Station? Rally's?
>

> PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
>
> my "go to fries"

I hate to give it away because the place is super crowded as it is. But so far for me the best are the duck fat fries at Village Whiskey in PA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nick" > wrote in message

> I hate to give it away because the place is super crowded as it is. But so
> far for me the best are the duck fat fries at Village Whiskey in PA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8nWpBQZueA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael OConnor wrote:
> "Somebody" > wrote:
>
>> Penn Station? *Rally's?

> Penn Station Fries are really good; I'm not a fry eater in general but
> when I lived in Cincinnati I ate there for lunch once a week or so,
> and it was the fresh cut fries. I visited Canton Ohio back in 2010
> and made it a point to seek out the local Penn Station for a
> cheesesteak sub and fries.

I've only been to one Penn Station so far here in Chicago metro. They
cut the fries per order so they are as good as In-N-Out fries in
California.

> Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
> those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
> reasonably priced.

Five Guys has opened a bunch of stores here in Chicago metro. The exact
quality of the fries varies by location. The first one we tried was so
good I figured they were double fried at two different temperatures
Brussels style. The next one the fries were good compared to the major
chain burger places but not up to In-N-Out and Penn Station quality.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Michael OConnor wrote:
>> "Somebody" > wrote:
>>
>>> Penn Station? Rally's?

>> Penn Station Fries are really good; I'm not a fry eater in general but
>> when I lived in Cincinnati I ate there for lunch once a week or so,
>> and it was the fresh cut fries. I visited Canton Ohio back in 2010
>> and made it a point to seek out the local Penn Station for a
>> cheesesteak sub and fries.

> I've only been to one Penn Station so far here in Chicago metro. They
> cut the fries per order so they are as good as In-N-Out fries in
> California.
>
>> Here in South Carolina they opened a Five Guys burgers recently, and
>> those fries were very good, and they gave a large portion and it was
>> reasonably priced.

> Five Guys has opened a bunch of stores here in Chicago metro. The exact
> quality of the fries varies by location. The first one we tried was so
> good I figured they were double fried at two different temperatures
> Brussels style. The next one the fries were good compared to the major
> chain burger places but not up to In-N-Out and Penn Station quality.

dammit-- quit talking about fries!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nick wrote:

> I hate to give it away because the place is super crowded as it is. But
> so far for me the best are the duck fat fries at Village Whiskey in PA.

The place in Chicago that has duck fat fries is "Hot Doug's". It's
jammed every day but even more so the day they have the fries. I think
it's every Saturday.

To me the best places are the few that fry them once at 325F to be
creamy on the inside then again at 375F to ge crispy on the outside -
Brussels style.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Nick wrote:
>>
>> I hate to give it away because the place is super crowded as it is. But
>> so far for me the best are the duck fat fries at Village Whiskey in PA.

> The place in Chicago that has duck fat fries is "Hot Doug's". It's
> jammed every day but even more so the day they have the fries. I think
> it's every Saturday.
>
> To me the best places are the few that fry them once at 325F to be
> creamy on the inside then again at 375F to ge crispy on the outside -
> Brussels style.

cooking with gas?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WX_4FNoto4

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Penn Station? Rally's?

PS are great but a bit more pricey, and farther away. Rally's are becoming
my "go to fries"
hi.i like Potato fries.Its very tasty and delicious.
You can easy prepare this fries.
__________________
Flora & Muse is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Houston.Flora & Muse is happy to announce their live music line-up, featuring some of the best live music in houston
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"marierogen" > wrote in message

> hi.i like Potato fries.Its very tasty and delicious.
> You can easy prepare this fries.

sweet potato, you mean?

360 Cafe also has great fries. "steak fry" style with seasoning.

Member

Yeah,i do agree with you in restaurants its available,but you can easily make at home.Its very easy to prepare the fries.
__________________
Flora & Muse is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Houston.Flora & Muse is happy to announce their live music line-up, featuring some of the best live music in houston
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"marierogen" > wrote in message

> Yeah,i do agree with you in restaurants its available,but you can easily
> make at home.Its very easy to prepare the fries.

they are a treat, so only get them when eating out. I once ate a place in
Boston that put potato in their Lentil soup... Wendy's baked potatoes are
also good. Though I have yet to find any hash in one.

Member

Recipe of fries -

cut the potato into finger sized length and fry into oil 20 min,when this fries are not fully fried.Put into plate and add some salt and black salt,according to your taste.Now,Its ready to eat.
Flora & Muse is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Houston.Flora & Muse is happy to announce their live music line-up, featuring some of the best live music in houston

What Cut Fries? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 34 06-02-2012 06:51 PM
I tried the BK fries too. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 7 24-12-2011 04:58 AM
Yam Fries? tofuqueen General Cooking 4 12-04-2007 02:47 PM
It *comes* with fries ... Nancy Young General Cooking 8 03-04-2006 03:56 AM