Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default It *comes* with fries ...

Went to lunch today, there's this place overlooking a river
where you can have a nice lunch and a beer or a bloody mary,
whatever. Peanut shells on the floor, that kind of place.

New bartender. The bartenders there are *always* young
guys. They tend to stay for a long time, so they get to know
what you drink, like that.

So, this is a new guy. With that 'I'm a hotshot, I'm the bartender'
attitude. I ordered eggplant parmagiana, and I really had a jones
for fries. For whatever reason, I really wanted fries. You get a
choice, linguine or french fries, so when I ordered I said, and I'd
like that with fries.

He said, It *comes* with fries. I don't think I looked like what
I was thinking, but I was thinking Wiseguy, huh? We'll see. Didn't
say anything. We're waiting, hanging out, shooting the breeze and
watching this guy bumbling around. Ron says, bet you don't get
fries, I was laughing. Yeah, I'm so not getting fries.

Yes, lunch arrives, it's got the linguine, Ron said instantly, she
wanted that with fries? Not really so nice, closer to She wanted that
with *fries*. Oh. It usually comes with fries, you want fries? Yes, I
really do want fries.

Hey, when you want fries, nothing else will do!

Of course he called in for fries, brought them over, this always
comes with fries at lunch. Not one word escaped my lips but
I have this all the time here at lunch, it comes with a choice.
Whatever. Funny, I like ketchup with my fries, had to leave the
bar and steal it from an empty table. I know, ketchup with fries,
what a weirdo.

Guy walks away and Ron says, I hope the bartender's retirement
plan isn't counting on the tip he gets from us today. So funny.
Didn't really cheap out on the tip, how low can a tip go when lunch
for two with a beer comes to 19 bucks. And the way those guys
stay, that long memory that remembers what you drink most likely
remembers a bad tip.

We walk out and Ron says, It *comes* with fries with that same
snotty attitude the guy had. Funny.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in news:e0mfbg$ihj$1
@news.monmouth.com:

> Yes, lunch arrives, it's got the linguine, Ron said instantly, she
> wanted that with fries? Not really so nice, closer to She wanted that
> with *fries*. Oh. It usually comes with fries, you want fries? Yes,

> really do want fries.

Sounds like when my wife & I used to go to Burgerville, she'd order a
burger with Ketchup only, they'd ALWAYS question it or get it wrong, or
both. The Burger King near my house seems to ALWAYS get at LEAST one
thing wrong on orders, it's gotten so bad, my Wife, son & I went to a
totally different FF joint for breakfast one day, he asked for coke or
milk one, she ordered OJ, he broke down upset because they "got it
wrong" he thought the OJ was for him. He's 5 btw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mike H" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Yes, lunch arrives, it's got the linguine, Ron said instantly, she
>> wanted that with fries? Not really so nice, closer to She wanted that
>> with *fries*. Oh. It usually comes with fries, you want fries? Yes,

>> really do want fries.

> milk one, she ordered OJ, he broke down upset because they "got it
> wrong" he thought the OJ was for him. He's 5 btw

Awww. Fast food places, I have had some experiences and
I don't even ask for anything special. Doesn't seem like it would
be so difficult.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 4/1/2006:

> Went to lunch today, there's this place overlooking a river
> where you can have a nice lunch and a beer or a bloody mary,
> whatever. Peanut shells on the floor, that kind of place.

I'm wary of April fools gags. A restaurant that sells eggplant parm,
french fries (with ketchup), beer, Bloody Marys and has peanut shells
on the floor? Hmmm...I"ve always taken you at your word, sistah!!

At least you didn't do a slip and fall on the peanut shells like
someone else we know.
Otherwise, Blair would be here demanding that you sue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KevinS" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 4/1/2006:
>
>> Went to lunch today, there's this place overlooking a river
>> where you can have a nice lunch and a beer or a bloody mary,
>> whatever. Peanut shells on the floor, that kind of place.

> I'm wary of April fools gags. A restaurant that sells eggplant parm,
> french fries (with ketchup), beer, Bloody Marys and has peanut shells
> on the floor? Hmmm...I"ve always taken you at your word, sistah!!

Indeed sir, I do not lie to you.

http://www.injersey.com/day/story/0,2379,872291,00.html

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KevinS" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Indeed sir, I do not lie to you.

>> http://www.injersey.com/day/story/0,2379,872291,00.html

> Thanks for the link
>
> Rumson, eh? My sister-in-law (older brother's wife) recently lived in
> Rumson.
> They now live in Fairfield, CT.
>
> Didn't Geraldo live in Rumson or somewhere around there?

Yes, he lived across the river from that restaurant, as do assorted
other celebrities. Now it's Geraldo Rivera's ex wife's house.
Geraldo used to take his boat from there to Manhattan.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 18:30:30 GMT, Mike H wrote:

> The Burger King near my house seems to ALWAYS get at LEAST one
> thing wrong on orders,

That's odd and it certainly hasn't been an issue in my little part of
the ff world.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:04:30 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Went to lunch today, there's this place overlooking a river
>where you can have a nice lunch and a beer or a bloody mary,
>whatever. Peanut shells on the floor, that kind of place.

<snip of story where order is messed up>

The DH and I went to Fatburger, where the DH ordered his usual bacon
cheeseburger w/o tomato or dill relish and I ordered a chili dog with
mustard as the only condiment. Counter clerk: "Huh? You only want
mustard?" Me: "Yes, mustard, solamente. Nothing else, just mustard."
"You sure you don't want nothing else?" "Positive. Just mustard on the
chili dog."

Our order is delivered. The DH is perfect. My chili dog has mustard,
ketchup, onions and cheese. I repeat my request for a chili dog with
*only* mustard as a condiment. Again get a chili dog with other stuff
on it besides mustard *and* sauerkraut as a final insult. Finally went
to the counter where the short order cooks place the food to be topped
off by other counter staff, watched them put my chili dog out for
toppings, watched the counter staff put on the mustard and said
(channeling Meat Loaf's "Paradise By the Dashboard Light"), "Stop
right there! Before you go any further, that's the *only* condiment I
want on that chili dog!" I'm told that "...nobody wants a chili dog
with just mustard, lady."

<sigh> Sometimes very simple isn't.

Terry Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

--
"If you're going to be wrong, be wrong at the top of your lungs."
Lucy, "Peanuts"

best fries Somebody General Cooking 24 06-10-2012 11:32 AM
What Cut Fries? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 34 06-02-2012 06:51 PM
I tried the BK fries too. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 7 24-12-2011 04:58 AM
Yam Fries? tofuqueen General Cooking 4 12-04-2007 02:47 PM