Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Note for Shelley

The editors of Larousse Gastronomique have agreed to include your
beloved "TIAD" in an upcoming edition. Rather than spelling out the
acronym and turning their revered opus into a Usenet free-for-all,
however, they have elected to boil down all the examples that might
occur to you into a single exemplar:

"TIAD (acr., Eng): an acquired condition that all cooks take pains to
avert or cure, most often manifesting as an aversion to delectable
foods such as roast lamb."

I think that covers it pretty well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 16, 10:34*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> The editors of Larousse Gastronomique have agreed to include your
> beloved "TIAD" in an upcoming edition. Rather than spelling out the
> acronym and turning their revered opus into a Usenet free-for-all,
> however, they have elected to boil down all the examples that might
> occur to you into a single exemplar:
>
> "TIAD (acr., Eng): an acquired condition that all cooks take pains to
> avert or cure, most often manifesting as an aversion to delectable
> foods such as roast lamb."
>
> I think that covers it pretty well.

OK...I'll admit stupidity. What is the actual meaning of that
acronym.?? The way Sheldon uses it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:59:47 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 10:34*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> > The editors of Larousse Gastronomique have agreed to include your
> > beloved "TIAD" in an upcoming edition. Rather than spelling out the
> > acronym and turning their revered opus into a Usenet free-for-all,
> > however, they have elected to boil down all the examples that might
> > occur to you into a single exemplar:
> >
> > "TIAD (acr., Eng): an acquired condition that all cooks take pains to
> > avert or cure, most often manifesting as an aversion to delectable
> > foods such as roast lamb."
> >
> > I think that covers it pretty well.

> OK...I'll admit stupidity. What is the actual meaning of that
> acronym.?? The way Sheldon uses it.

Taste In A** Disease... but I prefer to think of it as "Tomorrow Is
Another Day".

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 16, 11:18*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:59:47 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>

> > wrote:
> > On Sep 16, 10:34*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> > > The editors of Larousse Gastronomique have agreed to include your
> > > beloved "TIAD" in an upcoming edition. Rather than spelling out the
> > > acronym and turning their revered opus into a Usenet free-for-all,
> > > however, they have elected to boil down all the examples that might
> > > occur to you into a single exemplar:

> > > "TIAD (acr., Eng): an acquired condition that all cooks take pains to
> > > avert or cure, most often manifesting as an aversion to delectable
> > > foods such as roast lamb."

> > > I think that covers it pretty well.

> > OK...I'll admit stupidity. * What is the actual meaning of that
> > acronym.?? *The way Sheldon uses it.

> Taste In A** Disease... but I prefer to think of it as "Tomorrow Is
> Another Day".
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Yeah, tomorrow is another day is what I thought as well. But I can
see now how Sheldon uses his version.