Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default CHEWY brownies

I wanna make some REALLY CHEWY brownies. You know, the kind that get
all gnarly chewy after about 24 hrs. I want only "brownie" with whole
walnuts. No gag-a-maggot sweet frosting. No "cake" tender brownies.
No "fudge" brownies! OTOH, don't want break-a-tooth crispy after a
day in da' pan. I want chewy! Still soft, but chewy. Still moist
AND chewy. A week later, maybe able to take out a rat at 20 paces,
maybe jes a tad bit crunchy, but STILL chewy! Know what I mean?
Chewy!

Did I mention "chewy"?

nb

--
"I didn't know I worked here.
I must've forgot my apron"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I wanna make some REALLY CHEWY brownies. You know, the kind that get
> all gnarly chewy after about 24 hrs. I want only "brownie" with whole

I haven't made brownies in decades, but
it sounds to me like you need to make them
hard, then soften them. You can soften
hard cookies by placing them in an airtight
container with a quarter of an apple. Takes
a day or two. That might work with brownies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Jul 2012 23:32:36 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I wanna make some REALLY CHEWY brownies. You know, the kind that get
>all gnarly chewy after about 24 hrs. I want only "brownie" with whole
>walnuts. No gag-a-maggot sweet frosting. No "cake" tender brownies.
>No "fudge" brownies! OTOH, don't want break-a-tooth crispy after a
>day in da' pan. I want chewy! Still soft, but chewy. Still moist
>AND chewy. A week later, maybe able to take out a rat at 20 paces,
>maybe jes a tad bit crunchy, but STILL chewy! Know what I mean?
>Chewy!
>
>Did I mention "chewy"?
>
>nb

Try these. As I remember that are not the fluffy kind. I have had
and used this recipe for years.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Brownies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:35
Categories : Cookies

4 ounces chocolate, unsweetened
2/3 cup oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts -- chopped

Melt chocolate and oil over hot water in double boiler.

Beat sugar and eggs into chocolate mixture.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add.

Mix in nuts.

Spread in well-greased oblong pan 13" X 9 1/2" X 2". Bake at 350
for 30-35 minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 218 Calories; 13g Fat (50.8%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
35mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Cook wrote:

> >I wanna make some REALLY CHEWY brownies.

> Try these. As I remember that are not the fluffy kind.

> 4 ounces chocolate, unsweetened
> 2/3 cup oil
> 2 cups sugar
> 4 eggs
> 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 cup nuts -- chopped

No way this recipe will make chewy brownies. They will be soft and
cakey. Reduce the flour and baking powder, drop 3 eggs, and maybe up
the sugar a little, and then you'll get chewy. Also, I'd cut the salt
in half, but I don't think that affects chewiness. And add 1 tsp
molasses if you like the flavor of brown sugar.

The chewiness comes from the sugar matrix (for want of the right
word). The more sugar, the more taffy-like the final product.

Also, not beating a dead horse, but toast the nuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:16:30 -0400, The Cook >
wrote:

> Try these. As I remember that are not the fluffy kind. I have had
> and used this recipe for years.

I don't make brownies from scratch because I think the box is better
and I prefer the fudgy kind anyway - but I saved your recipe and
discovered in the process. I'm only familiar with the terms fudgy and
cake-like brownies - so I have no clue what "chewy" means, but the
blogger has labeled this recipe as "chewy"... whatever it is.

Chewy Brownies
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/0...hewy-brownies/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Notbob I have not made these brownies myself, but they are from a Taste
Of Home annual book I have, and I've always had good luck with the
recipes from them. I can't guarantee these will be the texture you are
wanting, as I've never made them, but going by the ingredients and the
picture, they don't look like a "traditional cake brownie", and they
make a small pan, so if they are not "chewy" enough for your taste buds,
then toss them out to the birds, but I think they'd be worth a try. If
you do make it, let me know how they turned out? Myself I've never been
that fond of any brownies (especially the ones from a mix) but if I do
have any, I want them to be soft and cake-like AND frosted. I can take
nuts, or leave them in a brownie.

Walnut Brownies

1/4 cup shortening
3 tbsp. baking cocoa
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

In small bowl, cream shortening and cocoa. Beat in egg, sugar and
vanilla. Add dry ingredients gradually and beat on low speed of electric
mixer until thoroughly combined. Stir in walnuts. Pour in a greased 8
in. x 4 in. x 2" loaf pan. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes, or until
toothpick inserted near the middle, comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire
rack and cut into 8 brownies.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2012 7:32 PM, notbob wrote:
> I wanna make some REALLY CHEWY brownies. You know, the kind that get
> all gnarly chewy after about 24 hrs. I want only "brownie" with whole
> walnuts. No gag-a-maggot sweet frosting. No "cake" tender brownies.
> No "fudge" brownies! OTOH, don't want break-a-tooth crispy after a
> day in da' pan. I want chewy! Still soft, but chewy. Still moist
> AND chewy. A week later, maybe able to take out a rat at 20 paces,
> maybe jes a tad bit crunchy, but STILL chewy! Know what I mean?
> Chewy!
>
> Did I mention "chewy"?
>
> nb

I just came across this recipe yesterday. I haven't tried it yet.
Maybe this weekend.

Nick Malgieri's Supernatural brownies (from Saveur magazine)

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipe...tural-Brownies

16 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into 14" pieces
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed dark brown
sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
12 tsp. fine salt
1 cup flour

Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with butter and line
with parchment paper; grease paper. Set pan aside.

Pour enough water into a 4-quart saucepan that it reaches a depth of
1". Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Combine butter and
chocolate in a medium bowl; set bowl over saucepan. Cook, stirring,
until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.

Whisk together eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar,
vanilla, and salt; whisk to combine. Stir in chocolate mixture; fold
in flour. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake until a
toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 3035 minutes. Let
cool on a rack. Cut and serve.
MAKES 24 BROWNIES

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 29, 10:59*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:16:30 -0400, The Cook >
> wrote:
>
> > Try these. *As I remember that are not the fluffy kind. *I have had
> > and used this recipe for years.

> I don't make brownies from scratch because I think the box is better
> and I prefer the fudgy kind anyway - but I saved your recipe and
> discovered in the process. *I'm only familiar with the terms fudgy and
> cake-like brownies - so I have no clue what "chewy" means, but the
> blogger has labeled this recipe as "chewy"... whatever it is.
>
> Chewy Brownieshttp://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/03/09/chewy-brownies/
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Mmmm, chemicals...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:52:12 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

> On Jul 29, 10:59*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:16:30 -0400, The Cook >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Try these. *As I remember that are not the fluffy kind. *I have had
> > > and used this recipe for years.

> > I don't make brownies from scratch because I think the box is better
> > and I prefer the fudgy kind anyway - but I saved your recipe and
> > discovered in the process. *I'm only familiar with the terms fudgy and
> > cake-like brownies - so I have no clue what "chewy" means, but the
> > blogger has labeled this recipe as "chewy"... whatever it is.
> >
> > Chewy Brownies http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/0...hewy-brownies/
> >

> Mmmm, chemicals...

Everything we eat could be classified that way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 12:35*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:52:12 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 29, 10:59*am, sf > wrote:

> > > I don't make brownies from scratch because I think the box is better
> > > and I prefer the fudgy kind anyway - but I saved your recipe and
> > > discovered in the process. *I'm only familiar with the terms fudgy and
> > > cake-like brownies - so I have no clue what "chewy" means, but the
> > > blogger has labeled this recipe as "chewy"... whatever it is.

> > > Chewy Brownieshttp://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/03/09/chewy-brownies/

> > Mmmm, chemicals...

> Everything we eat could be classified that way.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Mmmm, man made chemicals then.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> Mmmm, chemicals...

Chemicals? Where? The ingredients:

1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
1 teaspoons instant espresso (optional)
cup plus 2 Tablespoons boiling water
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
4 tablespoons ( stick) unsalted butter, melted
cup plus 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (17 ounces) sugar
13/4 cups (8 ounces) all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into -inch pieces

The recipe does call for sodium chloride, but rumor has it humans need
to consume some of that each day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:37:17 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

> On Jul 30, 12:35*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:52:12 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> > wrote:

> > > Mmmm, chemicals...

> > Everything we eat could be classified that way.
> >
> > --
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> Mmmm, man made chemicals then.

I looked at the ingredients for Betty Crocker via Google Images, name
a man made chemical on the list.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 1:47*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:37:17 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 30, 12:35 pm, sf > wrote:

> > > Everything we eat could be classified that way.

> > > --
> > > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> > Mmmm, man made chemicals then.

> I looked at the ingredients for Betty Crocker via Google Images, name
> a man made chemical on the list.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Fortunately, I don't have a box to refer to, and I have no desire to
Google an image. I am not getting into a ****ing match with you
regarding boxed brownie mix. If you like it, then go for it. Brownies
are one of the easiest cookies to make, so I will continue making them
from scratch and know what goes into them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 29, 1:59*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:16:30 -0400, The Cook >
> wrote:
>
> > Try these. *As I remember that are not the fluffy kind. *I have had
> > and used this recipe for years.

> I don't make brownies from scratch because I think the box is better
> and I prefer the fudgy kind anyway - but I saved your recipe and
> discovered in the process. *I'm only familiar with the terms fudgy and
> cake-like brownies - so I have no clue what "chewy" means, but the
> blogger has labeled this recipe as "chewy"... whatever it is.
>
> Chewy Brownieshttp://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/03/09/chewy-brownies/
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I was over at my sister's house about a month back and she bakes a lot
of cookies and the like. She was making brownies out of the box, and
told me the trick to brownies is only to cook them about half the time
of what the box says, and they come out very chewy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:55:39 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
wrote:

> On Jul 30, 1:47*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 12:37:17 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> > wrote:

> > > Mmmm, man made chemicals then.

> > I looked at the ingredients for Betty Crocker via Google Images, name
> > a man made chemical on the list.
> >
> > --
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> Fortunately, I don't have a box to refer to, and I have no desire to
> Google an image. I am not getting into a ****ing match with you
> regarding boxed brownie mix. If you like it, then go for it. Brownies
> are one of the easiest cookies to make, so I will continue making them
> from scratch and know what goes into them.

I wasn't trying to change your mind although you thought you could
change mine. How arrogant of you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 30, 9:23*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:55:39 -0700 (PDT), merryb >
> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 30, 1:47*pm, sf > wrote:

> > > I looked at the ingredients for Betty Crocker via Google Images, name
> > > a man made chemical on the list.

> > > --
> > > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> > Fortunately, I don't have a box to refer to, and I have no desire to
> > Google an image. I am not getting into a ****ing match with you
> > regarding boxed brownie mix. If you like it, then go for it. Brownies
> > are one of the easiest cookies to make, so I will continue making them
> > from scratch and know what goes into them.

> I wasn't trying to change your mind although you thought you could
> change mine. *How arrogant of you.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

You thought wrong- apparently you like the boxed mix. That's fine with
me, but I know how to make a decent brownie from scratch. Do what you
like and can handle!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:44:35 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor
> wrote:
>
> I was over at my sister's house about a month back and she bakes a lot
> of cookies and the like. She was making brownies out of the box, and
> told me the trick to brownies is only to cook them about half the time
> of what the box says, and they come out very chewy.

Is that what "chewy" is supposed to be? I call that "fudgy". It's a
barely set liquid when you take it out of the oven. Let it cool on
the counter and then let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. The
next day, it's like brownie fudge. I love that stuff!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 28, 7:32*pm, notbob > wrote:
> I wanna make some REALLY CHEWY brownies. *You know, the kind that get
> all gnarly chewy after about 24 hrs. *I want only "brownie" with whole
> walnuts. *No gag-a-maggot sweet frosting. *No "cake" tender brownies.
> No "fudge" brownies! *OTOH, don't want break-a-tooth crispy after a
> day in da' pan. *I want chewy! *Still soft, but chewy. *Still moist
> AND chewy. *A week later, maybe able to take out a rat at 20 paces,
> maybe jes a tad bit crunchy, but STILL chewy! *Know what I mean?
> Chewy!
>
> Did I mention "chewy"?
>
> nb
>
> --
> "I didn't know I worked here.
> I must've forgot my apron"
> Support labelling GMO foodshttp://www.nongmoproject.org/

The only time I end up with "chewy" brownies is when the ones around
the edges of the pan get overdone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2010/0...hewy-brownies/

I just made this brownie recipe for the second time. The ingredients:

1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
1 tsp instant espresso (optional)
5 oz boiling water
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
2 oz butter, melted
5 oz oil
2 large eggs
(2 large egg yolks)
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar
1 3/4cups AP flour
3/4tsp salt
(6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into -inch pieces)
1 cup toasted nuts

The first batch took too long to bake (55 minutes instead of the
recommended 30-35 minutes). I reduced the water and oil to 4 oz each
for the second batch. Also, I used 2 eggs, but no yolks. I also
omitted the chocolate chips in favor of walnuts.

The results were chewy, as advertised. Not very chewy, but somewhat
chewy. However, the chewy texture only emerged after a few days. I
suppose that was the result of moisture evaporating over time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 00:17:16 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:37:17 -0500, heyjoe wrote:
>
>> Just double checking, as it doesn't sound quite right.
>> Use an 8x4x2 [inches] pan -
>> not an 8x8x2 [inches] pan??
>> I normally make brownies in an 8 inch square pan, so the directions seem
>> wrong.

>There's not enough ingredients to fill an 8x8 unless you double the
>recipe. I've personally never seen an 8x4x2. 8x4x4, sure. But not
>an x2.

I found a box of ?Duncan Hienz? brownie mix in the cupboard last week.
It had expired in June, so I made it. Directions said to use an 8x8
pan. 'for chewy brownies use a bigger pan.' I used an 11x17. The
batter barely covered it and had to be 'buttered' into the corners.

They weren't bad- definitely made the 'chewy' list.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

> I found a box of ?Duncan Hienz? brownie mix in the cupboard last week.
> It had expired in June, so I made it. Directions said to use an 8x8
> pan. 'for chewy brownies use a bigger pan.' I used an 11x17. The
> batter barely covered it and had to be 'buttered' into the corners.
>
> They weren't bad- definitely made the 'chewy' list.

As for me, I live alone and don't need to be baking an entire batch of
brownies. I like them but I rarely eat them. For me, my local 7-11 sells a
pretty decent brownie square with walnuts for only $1.19. They taste as
good as homemade to me and by buying them occasionally, it prevents me from
eating too many. If I made a big batch, I would go crazy and eat them all
myself in a day or so.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2012 3:10 PM, Gary wrote:

> As for me, I live alone and don't need to be baking an entire batch of
> brownies. I like them but I rarely eat them. For me, my local 7-11 sells a
> pretty decent brownie square with walnuts for only $1.19. They taste as
> good as homemade to me and by buying them occasionally, it prevents me from
> eating too many. If I made a big batch, I would go crazy and eat them all
> myself in a day or so.
>
> G.

No matter how busy I am, if chocolate is in the house, it keeps calling
me, and it does not whisper. I have to freeze it or give it away. You
had a great idea to buy a single serving container.

One of my friends was dating a veterinarian, he spent too much time at
work, they fought about it, and she dumped him. I ran to her side, she
could not stop crying, and all the while, she was eating a frozen
package of Sara Lee brownies - frozen. I won't even do that, at least I
hope not.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/08/2012 4:38 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

> No matter how busy I am, if chocolate is in the house, it keeps calling
> me, and it does not whisper. I have to freeze it or give it away. You
> had a great idea to buy a single serving container.
>
> One of my friends was dating a veterinarian, he spent too much time at
> work, they fought about it, and she dumped him. I ran to her side, she
> could not stop crying, and all the while, she was eating a frozen
> package of Sara Lee brownies - frozen. I won't even do that, at least I
> hope not.

Either I have more self control than you or I just don't like chocolate
as much. Maybe I am coping with memories of overdosing on chocolate when
I was a kid. I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate. If I start
eating milk chocolate I will likely eat it until I start to suffer.
Dark chocolate OTOH, is very satisfying. I buy large bars of it and
break of a square to eat every couple of days. I almost never go back
for a second piece. I get those medium size bars, the ones that sell
for $2-4 depending on the quality, and one of those will last me at
least two weeks. It may be several weeks before I think of replacing it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/08/2012 4:10 PM, Gary wrote:

> As for me, I live alone and don't need to be baking an entire batch of
> brownies. I like them but I rarely eat them. For me, my local 7-11 sells a
> pretty decent brownie square with walnuts for only $1.19. They taste as
> good as homemade to me and by buying them occasionally, it prevents me from
> eating too many. If I made a big batch, I would go crazy and eat them all
> myself in a day or so.

That has been my approach to baked goods in general since I had heart
surgery. I used to bake regularly.... and then eat the stuff. Fresh
baked goods are always much better when fresh, so their was no reason to
make them last a week or two. Now I am allowed an occasional treat. I
stop by at the bakery and get one item. It puts me in a bit of a bind
because their stuff is good. I can do as well at home, and for a
fraction of the price..... but then the stuff will be too accessible.
The bakery at the corner makes great date squares. The portions are
large, but she charges $2.75 for one. I figure that for about $1 more I
can make a whole batch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:

> On 8/16/2012 3:10 PM, Gary wrote:
>
> > As for me, I live alone and don't need to be baking an entire batch of
> > brownies. I like them but I rarely eat them. For me, my local 7-11 sells a
> > pretty decent brownie square with walnuts for only $1.19. They taste as
> > good as homemade to me and by buying them occasionally, it prevents me from
> > eating too many. If I made a big batch, I would go crazy and eat them all
> > myself in a day or so.
> >
> > G.

> No matter how busy I am, if chocolate is in the house, it keeps calling
> me, and it does not whisper. I have to freeze it or give it away. You
> had a great idea to buy a single serving container.

That's me exactly, Ema. It it's here in the house, I eat way too much. If
it's not here, I don't even think about it or miss it. this goes for all
desert food. One birthday, a friend baked me an apple pie. I had apple pie
for dinner...I had apple pie for many snacks...and by the next morning, I
had no apple pie left.

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2012 10:38 AM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 8/16/2012 3:10 PM, Gary wrote:
>
>> As for me, I live alone and don't need to be baking an entire batch of
>> brownies. I like them but I rarely eat them. For me, my local 7-11
>> sells a
>> pretty decent brownie square with walnuts for only $1.19. They taste as
>> good as homemade to me and by buying them occasionally, it prevents me
>> from
>> eating too many. If I made a big batch, I would go crazy and eat them
>> all
>> myself in a day or so.
>>
>> G.

> No matter how busy I am, if chocolate is in the house, it keeps calling
> me, and it does not whisper. I have to freeze it or give it away. You
> had a great idea to buy a single serving container.

I have heard of people addicted to chocolate. Sounds like you got a bad
case of it. Mostly, chocolate is wasted on me. Somebody brought me a box
of chocolate covered strawberries yesterday. It was not bad. I wish they
would make it easier to eat by removing the leaves, slicing it in half
and then dipping each half separately. I also wish they wouldn't put
such a thick coating of chocolate.

Today somebody gave me an avocado. They said that they only had 6 on
their tree this year. A hail storm knocked all the blossoms off their
tree and ruined this season's crop. This is probably the first time in
Hawaii history that this has ever happened.

> One of my friends was dating a veterinarian, he spent too much time at
> work, they fought about it, and she dumped him. I ran to her side, she
> could not stop crying, and all the while, she was eating a frozen
> package of Sara Lee brownies - frozen. I won't even do that, at least I
> hope not.

That's the way it goes - men cannot see themselves as anything other
than their work. Trying to change that just ain't natural. I'm sorry for
your friend but that's actually kind of funny. Sorry.

> Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:10:52 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Jim Elbrecht wrote:
>>
>> I found a box of ?Duncan Hienz? brownie mix in the cupboard last week.
>> It had expired in June, so I made it. Directions said to use an 8x8
>> pan. 'for chewy brownies use a bigger pan.' I used an 11x17. The
>> batter barely covered it and had to be 'buttered' into the corners.
>>
>> They weren't bad- definitely made the 'chewy' list.

>As for me, I live alone and don't need to be baking an entire batch of
>brownies. I like them but I rarely eat them. For me, my local 7-11 sells a
>pretty decent brownie square with walnuts for only $1.19. They taste as
>good as homemade to me and by buying them occasionally, it prevents me from
>eating too many. If I made a big batch, I would go crazy and eat them all
>myself in a day or so.

I'd have to break my microwave brownie recipe down into a single
serving size- and nuke it in a coffee cup.. . . add a scoop of ice
cream and Bob's your uncle. [sorry-- I know I've never used that
phrase twice in the same year before, but it deserves more exposure.]

Jim.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2012 4:45 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> Today somebody gave me an avocado. They said that they only had 6 on
> their tree this year. A hail storm knocked all the blossoms off their
> tree and ruined this season's crop. This is probably the first time in
> Hawaii history that this has ever happened.

> That's the way it goes - men cannot see themselves as anything other
> than their work. Trying to change that just ain't natural. I'm sorry for
> your friend but that's actually kind of funny. Sorry.

That is a sad shame about the hail storms destroying the blossoms on the
avocado trees, I hope that does not happen again anytime soon. I love
avocados and I was thinking about planting a couple of trees, here.

Amanda wanted to have fun on weekends and he had to work on Saturday. On
Sunday, he had to examine the animals that he kept overnight, change
their IV's, medicate them. He had an employees that came in to clean the
cages, feed and water them, but they were not a vet. I am sure he has a
partner, now, and that helps.

Becca

Chewy Brownies Toni[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 17-01-2008 02:54 AM
Chewy Brownies lakota Baking 7 17-04-2006 07:47 PM
Ultimate Chewy Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies Duckie Recipes 0 11-07-2005 05:58 PM
Chewy, Fudgy Triple-Chocolate Brownies Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 14-12-2003 02:28 AM
too chewy gary Sourdough 1 05-11-2003 06:31 PM