Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Melon cutter.

It worked but... You really need the right sized melon. And that would be
a pretty small one. I had Costco melons so... Although I did get some
slices, I still had to cut up the rest. Good idea but not quite perfect.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>It worked but... You really need the right sized melon. And that would be
>a pretty small one. I had Costco melons so... Although I did get some
>slices, I still had to cut up the rest. Good idea but not quite perfect.

We can get watermelons, honey dew melons, but I've never seen a Costco
melon around here. What do they taste like?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2012 5:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> It worked but... You really need the right sized melon. And that would be
>> a pretty small one. I had Costco melons so... Although I did get some
>> slices, I still had to cut up the rest. Good idea but not quite perfect.
>>

> We can get watermelons, honey dew melons, but I've never seen a Costco
> melon around here. What do they taste like?

By the way she describes them I can't comment on how they taste, they
are evidently bigger than pretty small... or are they smaller than
pretty small--it's not clear. Anyway, Julie has a melon cutter so she
doesn't need her Breaking Bad-ish hazmat suit anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28/07/2012 7:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> It worked but... You really need the right sized melon. And that would be
>> a pretty small one. I had Costco melons so... Although I did get some
>> slices, I still had to cut up the rest. Good idea but not quite perfect.
>>

> We can get watermelons, honey dew melons, but I've never seen a Costco
> melon around here. What do they taste like?

Hard to say. No one in her family likes it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>It worked but... You really need the right sized melon. And that would
>>be
>>a pretty small one. I had Costco melons so... Although I did get some
>>slices, I still had to cut up the rest. Good idea but not quite perfect.
>>

> We can get watermelons, honey dew melons, but I've never seen a Costco
> melon around here. What do they taste like?

No, no. Costco is a store known for large things. And their melons were no
exception.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:57:00 -0600, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>On 7/28/2012 5:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> It worked but... You really need the right sized melon. And that would be
>>> a pretty small one. I had Costco melons so... Although I did get some
>>> slices, I still had to cut up the rest. Good idea but not quite perfect.
>>>

>> We can get watermelons, honey dew melons, but I've never seen a Costco
>> melon around here. What do they taste like?

>By the way she describes them I can't comment on how they taste, they
>are evidently bigger than pretty small... or are they smaller than
>pretty small--it's not clear.

Julie shoulda at least given cup size.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/28/2012 4:37 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:57:00 -0600, Pennyaline
> > wrote:
>
>> On 7/28/2012 5:59 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:31:47 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> We can get watermelons, honey dew melons, but I've never seen a Costco
>>> melon around here. What do they taste like?

>> By the way she describes them I can't comment on how they taste, they
>> are evidently bigger than pretty small... or are they smaller than
>> pretty small--it's not clear.

> Julie shoulda at least given cup size.

At least it's not a melon baller.

Cheese Cutter Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] General Cooking 48 29-07-2010 01:02 AM
Cookie cutter? koko General Cooking 11 11-05-2010 01:54 AM
Cheese cutter Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] General Cooking 30 15-07-2008 08:06 PM
Pastry Cutter, or ? ravenlynne General Cooking 4 03-12-2006 12:09 AM
French Fry Cutter Stryjewski Cooking Equipment 9 04-03-2006 12:32 AM