Old 13-07-2012, 08:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Julia Child's 100th Birthday

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

Old 13-07-2012, 10:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

She's still alive? :-O
Old 14-07-2012, 12:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 13, 12:50*pm, Tara wrote:
http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

Bon Appetite Julia......wherever you are.!!!
Old 14-07-2012, 01:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-07-13 21:25:46 +0000, Gary said:

Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Old 14-07-2012, 02:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

nikko myers wrote:
Gary said:
Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Old 14-07-2012, 02:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

nikko myers wrote:

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Not even a little? Search your feelings....

Old 17-07-2012, 10:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
nikko myers wrote:
Gary said:
Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful museum.
I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

Jill

Old 17-07-2012, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:
"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
nikko myers wrote:
Gary said:
Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful
museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

Very few museums are a day trip, most require several visits. Just
about every museum I've been to I've returned many times or wish I
lived close enough to return often. One of the most interesting
museums is The Museum of Man in the Peg (Winnipeg).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitoba_Museum
http://www.manitobamuseum.ca/main/
Winnipeg also boasts a wonderful conservatory:
http://www.assiniboinepark.ca/index.php
Winnipeg is one of my favorite cities, also boasts great food... I've
been four times, I'm due. I'll probably stay at The Fort Gary again,
superb dining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Garry_Hotel
http://www.fortgarryhotel.com/

Old 17-07-2012, 03:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 3:43*am, Andy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:

Jill,

The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge. A great
American historical repository, starting funded by some guy from England.
Smith???

I subscribe to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.

Best,

Andy

The Smithsonian was founded by James Smithson.

http://siarchives.si.edu/history/exh...s/smithson.htm

Old 18-07-2012, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

nikko myers wrote:
Gary said:
Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful
museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

Jill

The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

(snippage)

It's not only huge, it's not one building. I haven't been there since the
1960's. It took about 5 days to go through all those buildings. I don't
even want to think about how big it is now

Jill

Old 19-07-2012, 04:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,

nikko myers wrote:
Gary said:
Tara wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
admission is free.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Old 19-07-2012, 05:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:57:30 -0700, Cindy Fuller
wrote:

Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
admission is free.

Really? Something is still free in this day and age? Will wonders
ever cease?

Old 20-07-2012, 04:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,

nikko myers wrote:
Gary said:
Tara wrote:
http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara
She's still alive? :-O
No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
admission is free.

Cindy

Sigh. I'd love to do that.

--
Jean B.
Old 20-07-2012, 01:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/18/12 11:57 PM, Cindy Fuller wrote:

Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
admission is free.

Cindy

A couple of years ago I attended a critical care conference in DC. For a
special event night they opened three of the Smithsonian museums after
hours for us to view the displays privately.
Julia's kitchen was probably the biggest draw of the night.

"Julie & Julia", Julia Child, Meryl Streep and Rachel Khoo [email protected] General Cooking 30 04-12-2012 08:42 PM
Happy 100th Birthday, Julia Child! Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 7 19-08-2012 01:42 AM
Julia Child Opinicus Historic 1 28-01-2007 01:35 AM
Julie and Julia: Favorite Julia Child Recipes? Karen MacInerney General Cooking 8 08-01-2006 03:35 PM
Julia Child Julia Altshuler General Cooking 1 14-08-2004 11:52 AM