FoodBanter.com

-   -   Julia Child's 100th Birthday (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/418849-julia-childs-100th-birthday.html)

Tara 13-07-2012 08:50 PM

Julia Child's 100th Birthday

http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/

Tara

Gary 13-07-2012 10:25 PM

Julia Child's 100th Birthday

Tara wrote:

> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>
> Tara

She's still alive? :-O

ImStillMags 14-07-2012 12:14 AM

Julia Child's 100th Birthday

On Jul 13, 12:50*pm, Tara > wrote:
> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>
> Tara

Bon Appetite Julia......wherever you are.!!!

nikko myers[_2_] 14-07-2012 01:11 PM

On 2012-07-13 21:25:46 +0000, Gary said:

> Tara wrote:
>>
>> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>>
>> Tara

> She's still alive? :-O

No she is not...

Brooklyn1 14-07-2012 02:14 PM

nikko myers wrote:
>Gary said:
>> Tara wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbs.org/food/julia-child-100-birthday/
>>>
>>> Tara

>> She's still alive? :-O

>No she is not...

Not what, nasty nikko...

Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

George M. Middius[_2_] 14-07-2012 02:27 PM

nikko myers wrote:

> > She's still alive? :-O

> No she is not...

Not even a little? Search your feelings....

jmcquown[_2_] 17-07-2012 10:36 AM

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> nikko myers wrote:
>>Gary said:

>>> She's still alive? :-O

>>No she is not...

> Not what, nasty nikko...
>
> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian :) What a wonderful museum.
I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

Jill

Brooklyn1 17-07-2012 03:33 PM

Andy wrote:
>"jmcquown" wrote:

>>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>>
>>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

>> Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian :) What a wonderful
>> museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

>The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

Very few museums are a day trip, most require several visits. Just
about every museum I've been to I've returned many times or wish I
lived close enough to return often. One of the most interesting
museums is The Museum of Man in the Peg (Winnipeg).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitoba_Museum
http://www.manitobamuseum.ca/main/
Winnipeg also boasts a wonderful conservatory:
http://www.assiniboinepark.ca/index.php
Winnipeg is one of my favorite cities, also boasts great food... I've
been four times, I'm due. I'll probably stay at The Fort Gary again,
superb dining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Garry_Hotel
http://www.fortgarryhotel.com/

Helpful person 17-07-2012 03:56 PM

On Jul 17, 3:43*am, Andy > wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
> Jill,
>
> The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge. A great
> American historical repository, starting funded by some guy from England.
> Smith??? ;)
>
> I subscribe to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. :)
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

The Smithsonian was founded by James Smithson.

http://siarchives.si.edu/history/exh...s/smithson.htm

jmcquown[_2_] 18-07-2012 01:43 AM

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>>
>>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

>> Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian :) What a wonderful
>> museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!
>>
>> Jill

> The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

(snippage)

It's not only huge, it's not one building. I haven't been there since the
1960's. It took about 5 days to go through all those buildings. I don't
even want to think about how big it is now :)

Jill

Cindy Fuller[_2_] 19-07-2012 04:57 AM

Julia Child's 100th Birthday

In article >,
Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> nikko myers wrote:
> >Gary said:

> >> She's still alive? :-O

> >No she is not...

> Not what, nasty nikko...
>
> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
admission is free.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

sf[_9_] 19-07-2012 05:09 AM

Julia Child's 100th Birthday

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:57:30 -0700, Cindy Fuller
> wrote:

> Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
> the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
> admission is free.

Really? Something is still free in this day and age? Will wonders
ever cease?

Jean B.[_1_] 20-07-2012 04:04 AM

Cindy Fuller wrote:
> In article >,
> Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> nikko myers wrote:

>>> No she is not...

>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>
>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

> Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
> the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
> admission is free.
>
> Cindy

Sigh. I'd love to do that.

--
Jean B.

Goomba[_2_] 20-07-2012 01:46 PM

On 7/18/12 11:57 PM, Cindy Fuller wrote:

> Last year when I was in DC for a meeting, I made the pilgrimage down to
> the Mall to worship at the shrine of St. Julia. Worth the trip--and
> admission is free.
>
> Cindy

A couple of years ago I attended a critical care conference in DC. For a
special event night they opened three of the Smithsonian museums after
hours for us to view the displays privately.
Julia's kitchen was probably the biggest draw of the night.