Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Julia Child's 100th Birthday

Andy wrote:
>"jmcquown" wrote:

>>> Not what, nasty nikko...
>>>
>>> Of course Julia is alive... she's immortal... her soul lives forever,
>>> in our minds, in our hearts, and in the Smithsonian.
>>> http://americanhistory.si.edu/juliachild/

>> Yep, she donated her kitchen to the Smithsonian What a wonderful
>> museum. I subscribe to the magazine. Fun stuff!

>The Smithsonian, while awesome is not a day trip. Too huge.

Very few museums are a day trip, most require several visits. Just
about every museum I've been to I've returned many times or wish I
lived close enough to return often. One of the most interesting
museums is The Museum of Man in the Peg (Winnipeg).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitoba_Museum
http://www.manitobamuseum.ca/main/
Winnipeg also boasts a wonderful conservatory:
http://www.assiniboinepark.ca/index.php
Winnipeg is one of my favorite cities, also boasts great food... I've
been four times, I'm due. I'll probably stay at The Fort Gary again,
superb dining:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Garry_Hotel
http://www.fortgarryhotel.com/