Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What would be, your ultimate appliance companion in the kitchen ?

What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the
> kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been
> invented yet.

Companion? Don't you mean in the bedroom?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 1:27*am, wrote:
> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet.

how should i know
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose Ass booboo.gmail wrote:
wrote:

>> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen.

>how should i know

If you ever did anything in a kitchen besides fill your face and fart
and had the ability to think you'd know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 12:37*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> A Moose Ass booboo.gmail wrote:
>
> wrote:

> >> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen.

> >how should i know

> If you ever did anything in a kitchen besides fill your face and fart
> and had the ability to think you'd know.

oh i ave' a tv in my kitchen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 10:27*pm, wrote:
> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet.

Give me a female robot with all the amenities.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jul 9, 10:27*pm, wrote:
> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet.

Mine would be a replicator......like the ones on Star Trek The Next
Generation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 1:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> MY constant companion in the kitchen would be my little 11# Havanese dog
> ("Rio") as he is a self-propelled dust mop...standing beside me in case
> I drop anything on the floor while I'm cooking, so he can grab it up and
> eat. I haven't seen him turn down anything. He loves cheese, and all
> veggies and especially loves watermelon. I don't give him "people food"
> to eat, but he gets plenty that hit the floor, so I make sure I don't
> drop potatoes, onions, or grapes, as those are not good for a pooch, and
> the only meat he ever gets a bite out of is roasted, or boiled chicken.
>
> Judy

Please stay on topic. The OP specifically asked for an electrical
appliance and no matter how you look at a pooch...they just aren't
electrical.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/10/2012 3:52 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Jul 9, 10:27 pm, wrote:
>> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet.

> Mine would be a replicator......like the ones on Star Trek The Next
> Generation.

LOL! I like that answer! I always used to wish they were real.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:

>Please stay on topic. The OP specifically
> asked for an electrical appliance and no
> matter how you look at a pooch...they
> just aren't electrical.

OFGS lighten up, would you! The OP asked what "our constant (or
favorite..not going back to check) companion" was in the kitchen, so I
was answering his question. Since when is an appliance a COMPANION?? At
least I did mention FOOD in my post, and wasn't talking about robotic
dolls with usable parts, etc.

Since when does this group stick to topic anyway? I have been posting
here since last Sept. and there have been many Off Topic threads, that
have absolutely nothing to do with cooking.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> Chemo the Clown wrote:
>
>>Please stay on topic. The OP specifically
>> asked for an electrical appliance and no
>> matter how you look at a pooch...they
>> just aren't electrical.

> OFGS lighten up, would you! The OP asked what "our constant (or
> favorite..not going back to check) companion" was in the kitchen, so I
> was answering his question. Since when is an appliance a COMPANION?? At
> least I did mention FOOD in my post, and wasn't talking about robotic
> dolls with usable parts, etc.
>
> Since when does this group stick to topic anyway? I have been posting
> here since last Sept. and there have been many Off Topic threads, that
> have absolutely nothing to do with cooking.
>
> Judy

Totally agree.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 1:27*am, wrote:
> What is, or would be, your ultimate electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet.

A crane to hoist dh to the table when the meal is still hot and then
to drag him over to do the dishes. How about that for dreaming?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

I have never used 4 burners at the same time in my life. So I would like
a two burner range with simple flat free space (heat resistant) beside
the two burners. I could use that free space to plug in any table top
appliance (toaster, crockpot, etc) or set a platter down, etc. I dont
like bouncing in the morning from stove to counter back and forth while
preparing breakfast-I want the stovetop to truly be my work zone.

I love those ranges with the new double ovens where the thin upper oven
is perfect for frozen pizzas/cookies/etc and the bottom oven is still
big enough for the turkey. I prefer a plug in electric range to builtin
because of the ease in replacing plus I like to be able to thoroughly
clean around it. I have always been afraid of gas stoves and don't want
one ever.

I think its past time to redesign the racks inside dishwashers. Every
kitchen should have two so you can cycle from clean to dirty and back
again.

I am tall and I want the tallest fridge there is with the freezer on the
bottom. I want a small "cabinet door" on the outside of the fridge where
I can store butter, oil, bread at a more moderate temp than inside the
fridge. I dont like all those kooky bins and special shelves inside the
fridge-they just eat up space-I want multi racks of adjustible
interspacing but otherwise the racks are flat open from one side to the
other. The door should have similar racking. I dont want glass surfaces
inside my fridge-stainless steel wire. I can see some value to a U
shaped fridge :-)

I prefer two sinks separate each with own faucet and maybe 6inches
counter space between. I hate faucets that get in the way-wouldnt mind
trying water piped between the two bowls and shooting out a hole in the
sidewall of the sink?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

z z wrote:

> I have never used 4 burners at the same time in my life. So I would like
> a two burner range with simple flat free space (heat resistant) beside
> the two burners. I could use that free space to plug in any table top
> appliance (toaster, crockpot, etc) or set a platter down, etc. I dont
> like bouncing in the morning from stove to counter back and forth while
> preparing breakfast-I want the stovetop to truly be my work zone.

Get some burner covers, or a double-size griddle. Problem solved.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
z z z z is offline

That's what my mother does-and then she goes ape shit crazy if you turn
on the oven without removing the burner covers. Less is more :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 8:56*pm, (z z) wrote:

> I have never used 4 burners at the same time in my life. So I would like
> a two burner range with simple flat free space (heat resistant) beside
> the two burners.

You need to look at the 'smoothtop' ranges. When not on, they double
as extra counter space.

Yes, you still have 4 burners and the option to use the different size
ones for different size pots. But you also have the completely smooth
surface that can be used for a crockpot, toaster, etc. These are
'plug-in' stoves and not a cooktop although those can be installed as
well.

Why are you afraid of gas??

> I think its past time to redesign the racks inside dishwashers. Every
> kitchen should have two so you can cycle from clean to dirty and back
> again.

You lost me on this one.

> I am tall and I want the tallest fridge there is with the freezer on the
> bottom. I want a small "cabinet door" on the outside of the fridge where
> I can store butter, oil, bread at a more moderate temp than inside the
> fridge.

You need to go appliance shopping as they do have the 'cabinet door'
on the outside of the refrigerator. They've been around several
years.

> I dont want glass surfaces
> inside my fridge-stainless steel wire.

Why? You like cleaning up messes that drip from one shelf all the way
to the bottom and the drips that get on EVERYTHING as it makes it way
to the bottom shelf?? And don't say you don't ever have a spill or a
drip as we'll all know you are not truthful.

> I prefer two sinks separate each with own faucet and maybe 6inches
> counter space between. I hate faucets that get in the way-wouldnt mind
> trying water piped between the two bowls and shooting out a hole in the
> sidewall of the sink?

What kind of place are you living in? Cannot you not swing your
faucet out of the way? My single-handle Kohler will _completely_
swing away (left or right) from the double sink in my kitchen. And
why the wasted "6 inches of counter space" between these 'dream
sinks?'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 5:08*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Chemo the Clown wrote:
> >Please stay on topic. The OP specifically
> > asked for an electrical appliance and no
> > matter how you look at a pooch...they
> > just aren't electrical.

> OFGS lighten up, would you! The OP asked what "our constant (or
> favorite..not going back to check) companion" was in the kitchen, so I
> was answering his question. Since when is an appliance a COMPANION?? At
> least I did mention FOOD in my post, and wasn't talking about robotic
> dolls with usable parts, etc.
>
> Since when does this group stick to topic anyway? I have been posting
> here since last Sept. and there have been many Off Topic threads, that
> have absolutely nothing to do with cooking.
>
> Judy

Here is the original post: "What is, or would be, your ultimate
electrical appliance companion in the kitchen. It can be based on a
real appliance, or one that hasn't been invented yet".

so it's obvious you went off topic. Don't do it again or you will
banned forever.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> MY constant companion in the kitchen would be my little 11# Havanese dog
> ("Rio") as he is a self-propelled dust mop...standing beside me in case
> I drop anything on the floor while I'm cooking, so he can grab it up and
> eat. I haven't seen him turn down anything. He loves cheese, and all
> veggies and especially loves watermelon. I don't give him "people food"
> to eat, but he gets plenty that hit the floor, so I make sure I don't
> drop potatoes, onions, or grapes, as those are not good for a pooch, and
> the only meat he ever gets a bite out of is roasted, or boiled chicken.
>
> Judy

Your dog is an "appliance"?! Do you really drop that much food on the
floor?

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:

>so it's obvious you went off topic. Don't
> do it again or you will banned forever.

LOL what a joke you are. Who died and made you the group police sergeant
anyway? If that were the case (being banned for going OT) then 3/4 of
the posters wouldn't even be here!

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jill wrote:

>Your dog is an "appliance"?! Do you
> really drop that much food on the
>floor?

I would consider a DOG more of a "companion" than an appliance, as never
heard of any appliance being referred to as such?

It doesn't take many "droppings" to satisfy a 11 lb. dog. Our five cats
are bigger than he is, and sometimes I purposely drop small pieces of
raw veggies on the floor when cooking, as he loves them.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Judy Haffner wrote:

> >so it's obvious you went off topic. Don't
> > do it again or you will banned forever.

> LOL what a joke you are. Who died and made you the group police sergeant
> anyway? If that were the case (being banned for going OT) then 3/4 of
> the posters wouldn't even be here!

You need to chill. I have a slight suspicion the Clown was not
entirely serious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 10:08*am, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> Chemo the Clown wrote:
> >so it's obvious you went off topic. Don't
> > do it again or you will banned forever.

> LOL what a joke you are. Who died and made you the group police sergeant
> anyway? If that were the case (being banned for going OT) then 3/4 of
> the posters wouldn't even be here!
>
> Judy

Joe Allison died and made me Captain....just FYI for you. You've been
warned once. you've only been here since September so we will let you
slide....this time!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 10:34*am, George M. Middius > wrote:
> Judy Haffner wrote:
> > >so it's obvious you went off topic. Don't
> > > do it again or you will banned forever.

> > LOL what a joke you are. Who died and made you the group police sergeant
> > anyway? If that were the case (being banned for going OT) then 3/4 of
> > the posters wouldn't even be here!

> You need to chill. I have a slight suspicion the Clown was not
> entirely serious.

She obviously doesn't think so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> Mine would be a replicator......like the ones on Star Trek The Next
> Generation.

But definitely not like the Replicators on Stargate - SG!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A fridge with some kind of foot pedal to open the door when both hands
are laden with putaways.

A foot pump at the sink to save water and work up some calves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote:
>"Judy Haffner" wrote
>>
>> MY constant companion in the kitchen would be my little 11# Havanese dog
>> ("Rio") as he is a self-propelled dust mop...standing beside me in case
>> I drop anything on the floor while I'm cooking, so he can grab it up and
>> eat. I haven't seen him turn down anything. He loves cheese, and all
>> veggies and especially loves watermelon. I don't give him "people food"
>> to eat, but he gets plenty that hit the floor, so I make sure I don't
>> drop potatoes, onions, or grapes, as those are not good for a pooch, and
>> the only meat he ever gets a bite out of is roasted, or boiled chicken.

>Your dog is an "appliance"?!
>Do you really drop that much food on the floor?

It's very rare when doing kitchen work that food falls off my counter.
possibly an errant grape may roll off once in ten years... she's
obviously a filthy slob but at least she admits it... I'm imagining a
watermelon falling on the floor, it would kill her electric dog.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 1:59*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Jul 10, 1:49*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>
> > MY constant companion in the kitchen would be my little 11# Havanese dog
> > ("Rio") as he is a self-propelled dust mop...standing beside me in case
> > I drop anything on the floor while I'm cooking, so he can grab it up and
> > eat. I haven't seen him turn down anything. He loves cheese, and all
> > veggies and especially loves watermelon. I don't give him "people food"
> > to eat, but he gets plenty that hit the floor, so I make sure I don't
> > drop potatoes, onions, or grapes, as those are not good for a pooch, and
> > the only meat he ever gets a bite out of is roasted, or boiled chicken.

> Please stay on topic. The OP specifically asked for an electrical
> appliance and no matter how you look at a pooch...they just aren't
> electrical.

My radio then. It keeps me company when I'm cooking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 6:56*pm, (z z) wrote:
> I have never used 4 burners at the same time in my life. So I would like
> a two burner range with simple flat free space (heat resistant) beside
> the two burners. I could use that free space to plug in any table top
> appliance (toaster, crockpot, etc) or set a platter down, etc. I dont
> like bouncing in the morning from stove to counter back and forth while
> preparing breakfast-I want the stovetop to truly be my work zone.

Our gas stoves growing up were wide enough to put a Rubbermaid hot pad
between the left and right burners. That would hold just about any pan
we used. Our stove included a cabinet for pots and pans, to the left
of the oven and the broiler.

> I love those ranges with the new double ovens where the thin upper oven
> is perfect for frozen pizzas/cookies/etc and the bottom oven is still
> big enough for the turkey.

Like a giant toaster oven? That might work.

I prefer a plug in electric range to builtin
> because of the ease in replacing plus I like to be able to thoroughly
> clean around it. I have always been afraid of gas stoves and don't want
> one ever.

I've always been leery of electric stoves because the burner can be
hot enough to burn you even when it's not glowing.

> I think its past time to redesign the racks inside dishwashers. Every
> kitchen should have two so you can cycle from clean to dirty and back
> again.

With a back door that lets the dirty rack slide outside? Or like a
lazy Susan?

> I am tall and I want the tallest fridge there is with the freezer on the
> bottom.

Do you like to do deep kneebends, or do you never use your freezer?

I love the side by side ones.

> I prefer two sinks separate each with own faucet and maybe 6inches
> counter space between. I hate faucets that get in the way-wouldnt mind
> trying water piped between the two bowls and shooting out a hole in the
> sidewall of the sink?

That would make it hard to fill the pasta pot, or the pail when I wash
the floor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A hybrid smooth cooktop with both radiant and induction burners. As a
matter of fact, we just contracted for our retirement home in Florida,
and I'm having such a 36" Electrolux hybrid built in.

Anyone know of any others? Wolf doesn't have one, or I'd have gone for
it. Their modular 15-inch two-burner units have inconvenient control
positions, so I passed on them.

-- Larry