Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What kitchen appliance is on your wish list?

Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)

What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

Lady, naked except for small apron and maybe slippers because the floor's
chilly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

Krupp coffee grinder.. bought from Amazon tonight. Prezzie from DH. Santa
can't keep a secret!
Can't wait to try it!

Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

Lady, naked except for small apron and maybe slippers because the floor's
chilly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

a pasta maker, or at least the gadget that goes on the kitchenmaid to make
it a pasta maker.
-ginny
(who wouldn't mind if it were a hand cranked)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Lady, naked except for small apron and maybe slippers because the floor's
>> chilly.

> Slippers aren't an appliance OR are they? I need some really badly!

Neither is the lady, but I'm using a very wide definition.

> Susie in 1° northern NY this morning. BRRRRRRRRRR!

Where in northern NY?

> PS. I'm not a bottom poster but thought I'd try something new. LOL!

You should be. It's the way much of the world reads.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

It isn't an appliance at all. I want a knife sharpener, but I want it to be
a little old guy who does it the old fashioned way.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote in message
> I'm a half hour from the Canadian border and two hours from Vermont.
> Should??????????????
> LOL,
> Susie
>

>> Where in northern NY?
>> You should be. It's the way much of the world reads.

Of course. That's how someone will teach your kids to read and write. Left
to right, top to bottom.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in news:fjrtjq$bso$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

My George Foreman rotisserie is getting old and worn it's given good
service, but I've been thinking on getting another, but this time with
non-stick coating on the spit, as the spit is a pain to clean. Maybe one
of those vertical jobs...I seem to do mostly chickens on the spit and the
vertical job look interesting.

For xmas I bought myself a ice-cream maker...well I bought it a couple
months ago but I still consider it a xmas appliance purchase. Because, as
we all know ice cream is a gift that keeps on giving...pound after pound.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote

> I got a birthday present in October that was suppose to have been one of
> my Christmas
> Presents of an Artisan 5 Quart KitchenAid Mixer.

I'm jealous. It's the kitchen appliance I want but can't even begin
to justify.

I don't really want any more kitchen appliances, though I think I
need a new coffeemaker. Not exactly a wish list unless you count
'I wish the coffeemaker would stop leaking water all over the place'.

> PS. I'm not a bottom poster but thought I'd try something new. LOL!

That makes me happy.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dee.Dee" > wrote:

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?

I'm not interested in anything I don't already have, really (although I
wouldn't say no if someone bought me an espresso machine).

I would rather upgrade some of the stuff I already have.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
> >

> > Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> > I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
> >
> > What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> > Dee Dee
> >

> Lady, naked except for small apron and maybe slippers because the floor's
> chilly.

If she's naked she ain't a lady.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote:

> I'm a half hour from the Canadian border and two hours from Vermont.
> Should??????????????

Yeah, should.

After all, when you're reading a book, you read from the top of the page
to the bottom. Why should it be any different on a screen?

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 13, 2:28�pm, "Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote:
> I'm a half hour from the Canadian border and two hours from Vermont.
> Should??????????????
> LOL,
> Susie
>

> > Where in northern NY?
> > You should be. It's the way much of the world reads.

Peru?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote
>
>> I got a birthday present in October that was suppose to have been
>> one of my Christmas
>> Presents of an Artisan 5 Quart KitchenAid Mixer.

> I'm jealous. It's the kitchen appliance I want but can't even begin
> to justify.
> nancy

To anyone interested - we gave a KA Artisan 5 quart mixer as a gift
recently. Ordered it from Amazon for a startling $199.95, way under
other suppliers. They're still offering it.
HTH

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee.Dee wrote:
> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

A sous-chef, taking orders from moi. Includes using the dishwasher.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee.Dee > wrote:

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)

> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?

I'm kind of wanting a stand mixer. My wife took
the Kitchenaid to the chocolate shop and I haven't
replaced it yet . . . I'd be happy with an old style
Mixmaster now that they seem to be making them out
of metal again.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote

>> I don't really want any more kitchen appliances, though I think I
>> need a new coffeemaker. Not exactly a wish list unless you count
>> 'I wish the coffeemaker would stop leaking water all over the place'.

> I couldn't pass the KA Artisan up when I heard in August that Lowe's made
> a mistake in there ad and I got it for a total of $160. )

Score!

> Our BUNN coffee maker started to leak and I suggested to my husband that
> he use some of my quilting template plastic to make a washer for it and he
> did
> and it held out for another two years.

Huh. If I knew where the water was coming from, I'd try
to fix it.

> It made pretty good coffee and real
> quick. We are using our cheapo travel coffee maker right now but would
> like to get another BUNN one day.
> What coffee maker would you like?

I'm not a connoisseur of coffee. If it is a drip machine that
fits in the space my current Krups does, that is fine with me,
to the extent the coffee tastes okay.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>>
>> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
>> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>>
>> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
>> Dee Dee
>>

> a pasta maker, or at least the gadget that goes on the kitchenmaid to make
> it a pasta maker.
> -ginny
> (who wouldn't mind if it were a hand cranked)

Forget the pasta extruder that works with the meat grinder attachment. I
found it to be almost impossible to use.

OTOH the roller attachment does work well, although it is a bit limited
in the types of pasta one can make.

Don
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:

> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
> >

> > Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> > I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
> >
> > What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> > Dee Dee
> >

> Lady, naked except for small apron and maybe slippers because the floor's
> chilly.

Ah, a considerate man. A hard man is good to find and she'll no doubt
appreciate your consideration for her footsies.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>
>> "Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>> >

>> > Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
>> > I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>> >
>> > What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
>> > Dee Dee
>> >

>> Lady, naked except for small apron and maybe slippers because the floor's
>> chilly.

> Ah, a considerate man. A hard man is good to find and she'll no doubt
> appreciate your consideration for her footsies.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

A hard man indeed, mother superior.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee.Dee > wrote:

> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?

Not to purchase but I'll be t'rilled if my Maytag dishwasher gets fixed
by then. It's one of those with a recall notice on it,.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:
> "Dee.Dee" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
>> Dee Dee

> It isn't an appliance at all. I want a knife sharpener, but I want it to be
> a little old guy who does it the old fashioned way.

Sigh. Me too.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:27:51 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
wrote:

>Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
>I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
>What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
>Dee Dee

I want a meat grinder. But not a cheapo.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?

Dishwasher and fridge. Dishwasher works fine but is old and the colored
front of it has fallen off. So it looks like crap.

I have the fridge from hell. Shelves in the door come loose at whim,
sending things skittering to the floor.

Once when we were bored and waiting for husband to pick out something or
other (I forget what) at Best Buy, daughter and I opened up all the fridge
doors and tried to knock the shelves out. Amazingly we still found some
that had shelves just as bad as ours. All it took was a slight bump from a
shoulder or hip and there they flew.

My fridge is equally old and really not big enough. It's a side by side. I
hate side by sides. Neither side is wide enough. Alas, I think my next
purchase will have to be another side by side because nothing else will fit
in this space, unless I go with a too small top freezer model. Too small is
no good.

I am hoping Santa will bring me a Lowe's gift card. *crosses fingers*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 13, 4:55 pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

> I'm not a connoisseur of coffee. If it is a drip machine that
> fits in the space my current Krups does, that is fine with me,
> to the extent the coffee tastes okay.
>
> nancy

just drop in a clove for that extra pick me up...

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
>I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
>What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?

On a wish list and preparing to buy are two different things for me.
Wish list items include drawer dishwashers and drawer style
refrigerators,

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kuvasz guy" > wrote

> On Dec 13, 4:55 pm, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>> I'm not a connoisseur of coffee. If it is a drip machine that
>> fits in the space my current Krups does, that is fine with me,
>> to the extent the coffee tastes okay.

> just drop in a clove for that extra pick me up...

You know ... you just might be on to something ... a real
eye opener.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Susie" <susiesATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom> wrote:

> I'm a half hour from the Canadian border and two hours from Vermont.
> Should??????????????
> LOL,
> Susie
>

> > Where in northern NY?
> > You should be. It's the way much of the world reads.

Massena? I just got back from experiencing my first Lake Effect
snowstorm in Oswego in many years.

Back on topic: We don't need any more appliances. There isn't room in
the kitchen to accommodate any more beside the espresso machine,
Cuisinart, Kenwood mixer, blender (rarely used), and rice cooker.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" wrote:

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
> Dee Dee

140qt 5HP 3ph Hobart mixer with power bowl lift *droool* The big
brother to my Hobart N-50 mixer.

Seriously though, I seem to have pretty much everything I want. Perhaps
a food processor though I don't seem to be having any trouble without
one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'd like to get a non-appliance thing. A candlewax melting pot. Seems the
old one got tossed out by accident when we moved. I also need some new
molds and wax.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Cshenk" > wrote:

> I'd like to get a non-appliance thing. A candlewax melting pot. Seems the
> old one got tossed out by accident when we moved. I also need some new
> molds and wax.

Do you really need a special pot? Would an ordinary SS pot over a low
burner work?

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Cshenk" > wrote:

> "Miche" wrote
>
> >> I'd like to get a non-appliance thing. A candlewax melting pot. Seems
> >> the
> >> old one got tossed out by accident when we moved. I also need some new
> >> molds and wax.

> > Do you really need a special pot? Would an ordinary SS pot over a low
> > burner work?

> Yes but the wax gets in the pores so you cant really use it for food again
> after. Hence, nifty pots special for pouring wax out of.
>
> They dont cost much <g>.

Fair enough.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in news:fjrtjq$bso$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

> Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
> I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
> What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?

A big kitchenaid mixer with a meat grinder and sausage stuffer
attatchments. But I don't *need* one, so I'll wait till I see a good price
on it

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > ha scritto nel messaggio

It's a side by side. I
> hate side by sides. Neither side is wide enough. Alas, I think my next
> purchase will have to be another side by side because nothing else will
> fit in this space, unless I go with a too small top freezer model. Too
> small is no good.
>
> I am hoping Santa will bring me a Lowe's gift card. *crosses fingers*

I despise them, too. Not only are they narrow, but the ideal is to have a
counter next the the side the door opens, which is impossible. Have you
looked at the Subzero with the bottom freezer? No stooping for the day to
day ins and outs.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:27:51 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:

>>> Wish list items include drawer dishwashers and drawer style

> refrigerators,
>
> --

Yes! I like those a lot. I am also intrigued by the fast mini dishwashers
made for bars, etc. 90 seconds to wash. I'd have a big one for
entertaining and one of those for the 10 times a day you have to clean
things up.

--
http://www.judithgreenwood.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Miche" wrote

>> I'd like to get a non-appliance thing. A candlewax melting pot. Seems
>> the
>> old one got tossed out by accident when we moved. I also need some new
>> molds and wax.

> Do you really need a special pot? Would an ordinary SS pot over a low
> burner work?

Yes but the wax gets in the pores so you cant really use it for food again
after. Hence, nifty pots special for pouring wax out of.

They dont cost much <g>.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
>I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>
>What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
>Dee Dee

i've been thinking of a toaster oven. are there any than can really
broil a steak?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:27:51 -0500, "Dee.Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>>Wayne's looking at a pizza oven.
>>I'm about applianced-out. (well, almost.)
>>
>>What item are you thinking about for your next purchase?
>>Dee Dee
>>

> i've been thinking of a toaster oven. are there any than can really
> broil a steak?
>
> your pal,
> blake

Sure. Good luck cleaning the oven afterward. The Chinese make sure there are
lots of nice sharp edges to rip up the sponge and your hand.