Old 25-06-2012, 11:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Behind the Scenes at a McDonald's Burger Shoot

Interesting!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...ger-shoot.html

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this
short behind-the-scenes video of a burger photoshoot by Watt
International.

It's no surprise that the food stylist would pick the best-looking
McDonald's ingredients and construct the burger more meticulously than
McDonald's would in order to better show what's between the buns, but
it's still interesting to see."

Old 26-06-2012, 12:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 25, 3:36*pm, Tara wrote:
Interesting!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...d-the-scenes-a...

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this
short behind-the-scenes video of a burger photoshoot by Watt
International.

It's no surprise that the food stylist would pick the best-looking
McDonald's ingredients and construct the burger more meticulously than
McDonald's would in order to better show what's between the buns, but
it's still interesting to see."

All fast food looks like crap.
Old 26-06-2012, 12:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/25/2012 6:36 PM, Tara wrote:
Interesting!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...ger-shoot.html

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this
short behind-the-scenes video of a burger photoshoot by Watt
International.

It's no surprise that the food stylist would pick the best-looking
McDonald's ingredients and construct the burger more meticulously than
McDonald's would in order to better show what's between the buns, but
it's still interesting to see."

Every time I see pictures of food in a restaurant I always think of the
movie "Falling Down".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrhzdeIsRE

Old 26-06-2012, 01:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-25, Tara wrote:

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this

In the US, it's perfectly legal to "enhance" reality and shoot pics
that are not even remotely close to what's being sold over the
counter. I can't find the link, but it's been discussed, here,
before.

nb

--
vi --the heart of evil!
Support labeling GMOs
Old 26-06-2012, 01:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-06-25, Tara wrote:

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this

In the US, it's perfectly legal to "enhance" reality and shoot pics
that are not even remotely close to what's being sold over the
counter. I can't find the link, but it's been discussed, here,
before.

I was disappointed to hear learn how little little pure fruit juice has
to be in a product for it to be called pure fruit juice. Call me old
fashioned or just plan naive, but I had been under the impression that
pure fruit juice would be just that.... pure fruit juice.

Old 26-06-2012, 02:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"George" wrote in message
On 6/25/2012 6:36 PM, Tara wrote:
Interesting!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...ger-shoot.html

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this
short behind-the-scenes video of a burger photoshoot by Watt
International.

It's no surprise that the food stylist would pick the best-looking
McDonald's ingredients and construct the burger more meticulously than
McDonald's would in order to better show what's between the buns, but
it's still interesting to see."

Every time I see pictures of food in a restaurant I always think of the
movie "Falling Down".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrhzdeIsRE

LOL That was a very dark movie. Michael Douglas was excellent in that
film.

Jill

Old 26-06-2012, 02:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

om...
On 2012-06-25, Tara wrote:

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this

In the US, it's perfectly legal to "enhance" reality and shoot pics
that are not even remotely close to what's being sold over the
counter. I can't find the link, but it's been discussed, here,
before.

I was disappointed to hear learn how little little pure fruit juice has to
be in a product for it to be called pure fruit juice. Call me old
fashioned or just plan naive, but I had been under the impression that
pure fruit juice would be just that.... pure fruit juice.

We could always go back to the days of 'I Love Lucy' and squeeze our own
orange or grapefruit juice every morning

Jill

Old 26-06-2012, 04:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

om...

On 2012-06-25, Tara wrote:

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this

In the US, it's perfectly legal to "enhance" reality and shoot pics
that are not even remotely close to what's being sold over the
counter. *I can't find the link, but it's been discussed, here,
before.

I was disappointed to hear learn how little little pure fruit juice has to
be in a product for it to be called pure fruit juice. Call me old
fashioned or just plan naive, but I had been under the impression that
pure fruit juice would be just that.... pure fruit juice.

We could always go back to the days of 'I Love Lucy' and squeeze our own
orange or grapefruit juice every morning

Why would you want to squeeze the juice out of fruit for breakfast?
All the (albeit natural) sugar without any of the fibre or half the
nutrition, and making a mess along with it.

Seems like madness to me.

Just eat the thing!

Old 26-06-2012, 05:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
On 6/25/2012 6:36 PM, Tara wrote:
Interesting!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...ger-shoot.html

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this
short behind-the-scenes video of a burger photoshoot by Watt
International.

It's no surprise that the food stylist would pick the best-looking
McDonald's ingredients and construct the burger more meticulously than
McDonald's would in order to better show what's between the buns, but
it's still interesting to see."

Every time I see pictures of food in a restaurant I always think of the
movie "Falling Down".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrhzdeIsRE

LOL That was a very dark movie. Michael Douglas was excellent in that
film.

Jill

One of my favorites of all time.

Cheri

Old 26-06-2012, 10:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:53:41 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

We could always go back to the days of 'I Love Lucy' and squeeze our own
orange or grapefruit juice every morning

Jill

We still do it a few times a year when we can find good juice oranges.
The varieties in the supermarket these days are more for eating as
very few people juice them.

Many years ago we used to do it very weekend.

Old 26-06-2012, 10:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:18:18 -0700 (PDT), misanthropic_curmudgeon
wrote:

Why would you want to squeeze the juice out of fruit for breakfast?
All the (albeit natural) sugar without any of the fibre or half the
nutrition, and making a mess along with it.

Seems like madness to me.

Just eat the thing!

Eating does not have the same effect as drinking during a meal.

Why squeeze? It tastes so damned good.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Jun 26, 1:53*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:

om...

On 2012-06-25, Tara wrote:

[...]

Hey, we don't need any stinkin' fibre... when we want shit we'll
squeeze your head. LOL
Old 26-06-2012, 02:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:42:06 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
wrote:

On Jun 25, 3:36*pm, Tara wrote:
Interesting!

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...d-the-scenes-a...

"McDonald's in Canada answers the question "Why does your food look
different in the advertising than what is in the store?" with this
short behind-the-scenes video of a burger photoshoot by Watt
International.

It's no surprise that the food stylist would pick the best-looking
McDonald's ingredients and construct the burger more meticulously than
McDonald's would in order to better show what's between the buns, but
it's still interesting to see."

All fast food looks like crap.

Yep! You can't polish a turd!

John Kuthe...
Old 26-06-2012, 03:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25/06/2012 9:53 PM, jmcquown wrote:

I was disappointed to hear learn how little little pure fruit juice
has to be in a product for it to be called pure fruit juice. Call me
old fashioned or just plan naive, but I had been under the impression
that pure fruit juice would be just that.... pure fruit juice.

We could always go back to the days of 'I Love Lucy' and squeeze our own
orange or grapefruit juice every morning

Fine for you, living in the south. When I was a kid oranges were a
treat. Anyone going to Florida for a vacation would bring some back.

Never the less, it is unfortunate that something can be billed as "pure"
when it is not.

Old 26-06-2012, 03:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25/06/2012 11:18 PM, misanthropic_curmudgeon wrote:

We could always go back to the days of 'I Love Lucy' and squeeze our own
orange or grapefruit juice every morning

Why would you want to squeeze the juice out of fruit for breakfast?
All the (albeit natural) sugar without any of the fibre or half the
nutrition, and making a mess along with it.

Seems like madness to me.

Just eat the thing!

You're right and more people would probably agree with you if it were
not for the fact that fresh squeezed orange juice is so tasty.