Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How Do You Best Like Eggs Prepared?

So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?

Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
of butter.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 12:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.
>
> Judy

I love my eggs sunny side up but...just before they are done and the
yolk is still runny, I put in a tsp or so of water and then put a lid
on the pan. After about a minute, the top of the yolk is white. the
yolk is runny and the white is firm. Also like really good scrambled
eggs...light and fluffy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Judy Haffner wrote:

> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

With potatoes
--
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 3:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, andif so, do you like themover easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, orin a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches?Ieven crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and alittle salt & pepper on the egg, that has been friedin a small amount
> of butter.
>
> Judy

I like eggs most styles, but my favourite is to fry them slowly, with
a lid on top. I take them out and eat em' just before they become
firm.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 3:06*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Nov 3, 12:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>
> > So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> > over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

> > Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

> > Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?

> > Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> > with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> > little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> > of butter.

> > Judy

> I love my eggs sunny side up but...just before they are done and the
> yolk is still runny, I put in a tsp or so of water and then put a lid
> on the pan. After about a minute, the top of the yolk is white. the
> yolk is runny and the white is firm. Also like really good scrambled
> eggs...light and fluffy.

That's how my husband prefers his eggs. I don't like runny yolks,
always have them over medium. My favorite is scrambled on toast,
yum!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JewDee Haffner wrote:

>So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
>Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
>Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
>Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
>with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
>little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
>of butter.

JewDee is borrring....

"Goldie Lox"
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...eam-Cheese-718

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> JewDee Haffner wrote:
>>
>>So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>>over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>>
>>Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>>
>>Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>>
>>Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
>>with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
>>little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
>>of butter.

> JewDee is borrring....
>
> "Goldie Lox"
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...eam-Cheese-718

I agree with Chemo, I call those steamed eggs but there is probably a more
official term out there somewhere. And they have to have Louisiana hot sauce
on them, Tabasco if Louisiana hot sauce isn't available.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 03/11/2011 3:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

I think my all round favourite is poached.... in liquid, not in a steamer.

I like them scrambled but I want them wet and fluffy. I like them sunny
side up and snotty. If I have a fried egg sandwich they can be done over
easy, and with a bit of ketchup.

I do not like omelettes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 2:24*pm, "Kody" > wrote:
> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

> > JewDee Haffner wrote:

> >>So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> >>over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

> >>Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

> >>Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?

> >>Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> >>with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> >>little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> >>of butter.

> > JewDee is borrring....

> > "Goldie Lox"
> >http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Eggs-with-Lox-...

> I agree with Chemo, I call those steamed eggs but there is probably a more
> official term out there somewhere. And they have to have Louisiana hot sauce
> on them, Tabasco if Louisiana hot sauce isn't available.

I like Trappy's. Also, wheat toast to sop up the yolk. Damn, now I'm
hungry for eggs!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 1:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> Like egg salad sandwiches?

Love them!

> I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt& pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.

Fried in butter, with ketchup, no mustard

<or hold the ketchup, and use a few drops of the excellent habanero
sauce I have in the fridge right now--too bad I can't remember where I
got it>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
m...
> On 03/11/2011 3:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:
>>
>> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>>
>> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

> I think my all round favourite is poached.... in liquid, not in a
> steamer.
>
> I like them scrambled but I want them wet and fluffy. I like them sunny
> side up and snotty. If I have a fried egg sandwich they can be done over
> easy, and with a bit of ketchup.
>
> I do not like omelettes.

have you tried a French omelet?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.
>
> Judy

French Omelet, not American Omelet

egg salad on French bread

a light scramble with pre cooked Italian sausage, cooked in Porcini infused
olive oil

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 3:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.

Scrambled, bone dry. Are you doing a survey for someone?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 12:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

Poached for two minutes in boiling water, or scrambled (whisked in a
bowl with pepper and a little coffee cream) in the pan I made the
bacon in

> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.

Fried egg (over easy) and bacon on toast, with a little ketchup and
black pepper. Not crazy about Eggs B or Deviled eggs. I think of egg
salad as poverty food, so not eager to eat it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Nov 3, 3:51 pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>>
>> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>>
>> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?

I love eggs almost any way:
Fried as long as the whites are cooked and the yolk runny.
Scrambled should be fluffy, not dry.
Benedict or just poached. Mmm
French toast/pain perdu.
Omelets: bacon or ham, onion, cheese, parsley.
Quiche.
Deviled.
Goldenrod (hard cooked whites chopped into bechamel sauce,
poured over toast, yolks crumbled over the top. Learned
this in jr. high cooking class.)
Scotch eggs (OMG they are so good)
German pancake (sweetened version of Yorkshire pudding)

Have I missed any?

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Judy Haffner" > wrote in message

> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.
>
> Judy

Depends on my mood!

Hard boiled
Soft Boiled
Pickled
Over easy
Over hard
Egg salad
Omelets
Scrambled.

In short - I've never seen an egg I didn't like.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 2:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt & pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.
>
> Judy

I don't think I've ever met an egg I didn't like. Over medium with
the whites firm and yellow runny. Ugh, can't stand snotty whites.
And then there's scrambled, soft please!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 16:30:38 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>On Nov 3, 12:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:
>> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

>Poached for two minutes in boiling water.

When poaching the water shouldn't be boiling.
http://www.epicurious.com/tools/food...=16&submit.y=4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 5:56*pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>

> > On 03/11/2011 3:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> >> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> >> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

> >> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

> > I think my all round favourite *is poached.... in liquid, not in a
> > steamer.

> > I like them scrambled but I want them wet and fluffy. I like them sunny
> > side up and snotty. If I have a fried egg sandwich they can be done over
> > easy, and with a bit of ketchup.

> > I do not like omelettes.

> have you tried a French omelet?

I don't like omelets either but I do cook a French omelet and it's
fabulous. I've taken a couple to work and co-workers love them, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"M. JL Esq." > wrote:
> Judy Haffner wrote:
>
>> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

> With potatoes
> --
> JL

And tomatoes !!

Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fried real sloppy, some browning, over medium, in bacon grease, with bacon
brown bits all over. Tastes the best. Not pretty. I used to like soft
boiled when I was a kid, probably would still taste good.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 3:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>
> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>
> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>
> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
> little salt& pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
> of butter.

I like them many ways, but now my favorite way is cooked like Gordon
Ramsay did in a video that was posted here a while back. I tried it
exactly like he made them, only subbing sour cream for Creme Fraiche he
used - just a tiny bit. But my other two favs are deviled eggs, or an
egg sandwich, slightly runny yoke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message
On Nov 3, 5:56 pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
> m...
>

> > On 03/11/2011 3:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> >> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> >> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

> >> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a
> >> omelet?

> > I think my all round favourite is poached.... in liquid, not in a
> > steamer.

> > I like them scrambled but I want them wet and fluffy. I like them sunny
> > side up and snotty. If I have a fried egg sandwich they can be done over
> > easy, and with a bit of ketchup.

> > I do not like omelettes.

> have you tried a French omelet?

I don't like omelets either but I do cook a French omelet and it's
fabulous. I've taken a couple to work and co-workers love them, too.

yep, me too. I never order an omelet in a restaurant. On the last cruise I
was on, I kept mocking their omelets, and then toward the end of the cruise
I gave step by step directions to the omelet station cook. It was good.
But I don't think he got it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 03/11/2011 6:56 PM, Pico Rico wrote:
amer.

>> I like them scrambled but I want them wet and fluffy. I like them sunny
>> side up and snotty. If I have a fried egg sandwich they can be done over
>> easy, and with a bit of ketchup.
>>
>> I do not like omelettes.

> have you tried a French omelet?

Yes I have.... in France AAMOF. It is an awful thing to do to an egg.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 1:59 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 11/3/2011 3:51 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:
>>
>> So are you one that likes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
>> over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?
>>
>> Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?
>>
>> Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?
>>
>> Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwich sometime,
>> with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a
>> little salt& pepper on the egg, that has been fried in a small amount
>> of butter.
>>

> I like them many ways, but now my favorite way is cooked like Gordon
> Ramsay did in a video that was posted here a while back. I tried it
> exactly like he made them, only subbing sour cream for Creme Fraiche he
> used - just a tiny bit. But my other two favs are deviled eggs, or an
> egg sandwich, slightly runny yoke.

This goes good over toast: heat some butter in a non-stick pan over low
heat, crack some eggs in pan, break yokes and stir to scramble, while
still not quite set, remove from heat and put in bowl, add some mayo. A
tiny amount of mustard would be good. Salt and pepper. Eat over toast.
Tasty and creamy. It looks and tastes like egg salad but it's ready in a
few minutes. It's good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 1:46 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> I don't like omelets either but I do cook a French omelet and it's
> fabulous. I've taken a couple to work and co-workers love them, too.

I had part of a mushroom and cheese omelet this morning from the
restaurant next door. I don't care for omelets but my wife digs 'em. I
lent the chef of the restaurant some money to tide him over so the guy
loads the plate when he can. It's kind of embarrassing but I'm too lazy
to go drive somewhere else to eat. Too bad I don't like omelets.

I make omelets for my wife and MIL but for breakfast but the only egg I
feel like eating is one egg over easy on top of toast. As I get older,
fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 4:58*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 3:06*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 3, 12:51*pm, (Judy Haffner) wrote:

> > > So are you onethatlikes fried eggs best, and if so, do you like them
> > > over easy, sunny side up, or the yolks firm?

> > > Maybe you'd rather have scrambled? poached? hard boiled, or in a omelet?

> > > Do you like Eggs Benedict? Deviled Eggs?

> > > Like egg salad sandwiches? I even crave a fried egg sandwichsometime,> > with just a thin layer of mustard on one slice of the bread, and a> > little salt & pepper on the egg,thathas been fried in a small amount
> > > of butter.

> > > Judy

> > I love my eggs sunny side up but...just before they are done and the
> > yolk is still runny, I put in a tsp or so of water and then put a lid> on the pan. After about a minute, the top of the yolk is white. the> yolk is runny and the white is firm. Also like really good scrambled
> > eggs...light and fluffy.

> That's how my husband prefers his eggs. *I don't like runny yolks,always have them over medium. *My favorite is scrambled on toast,
> yum!

I ordered eggs over medium once in Vegas. The kitchen refused. Two
choices: over easy, or over hard. Over easy, the yolks were just too
runny.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 3, 7:23*pm, dsi1 > wrote:

> As I get older,
> fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.

It may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
or a cold cereal or even just fruit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 2:38 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Nov 3, 7:23 pm, > wrote:
>>
>> As I get older,
>> fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.
>>

> It may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
> or a cold cereal or even just fruit.

My informal survey of folks over 70 leads me to believe that oatmeal is
the breakfast of choice for oldsters. As of yet, I haven't figured out
how to capitalize on this trend.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> Hard boiled
> Soft Boiled
> Pickled
> Over easy
> Over hard
> Egg salad
> Omelets
> Scrambled.
>
> In short - I've never seen an egg I didn't like.

Ever had the Chinese "Thousand Year Old" eggs? The egg whites turn a
translucent charcoal color and the yolk has a strong sulfurous flavor. Not
my FAVORITE, but I have tried them.

I don't have a single outstanding favorite egg preparation. Some of the
combinations I like a

Soft-boiled on toast with Pickapeppa sauce
Poached with corned beef hash and Tabasco
Omelet with spinach and cheese
Tortilla Espanola (basically a potato frittata)

My favorite fried egg sandwich lately has been with a broken yolk cooked
hard, toasted multi-grain bread, and mayo.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 03/11/2011 8:38 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Nov 3, 7:23 pm, > wrote:
>>
>> As I get older,
>> fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.
>>

> It may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
> or a cold cereal or even just fruit.

I have to wonder if it is a matter of getting old and no longer being
able to handle greasy breakfasts, or if it is a matter of being around
long enough to realize what was causing that day long discomfort.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 6:38 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Nov 3, 7:23 pm, > wrote:
>>
>> As I get older,
>> fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.
>>

> It may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
> or a cold cereal or even just fruit.

English muffins? Bagels? Homemade fruit muffins?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/3/2011 6:38 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Nov 3, 7:23 pm, > wrote:
>>
>> As I get older,
>> fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.
>>

> It may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
> or a cold cereal or even just fruit.

English muffins? Bagels? Homemade fruit muffins?

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:

>Scrambled, bone dry. Are you doing a
> survey for someone?

Darn, you blew my cover. How did you guess? I'm a employee of the
Eggland's Best Corp. and recently was asked to do a survey in a cooking
newsgroup! ;-)

Judy
P.S. I actually thought eggs might be rather interesting to discuss, as
there are so many ways to use them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:37:14 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>I ordered eggs over medium once in Vegas. The kitchen refused. Two
>choices: over easy, or over hard. Over easy, the yolks were just too
>runny.

That seems strange. Perhaps they get too many complains about what
medium really is so they don't do them that way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in message
> On 11/3/2011 6:38 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
>> On Nov 3, 7:23 pm, > wrote:
>>>
>>> As I get older,
>>> fried foods in the morning are starting to lose their appeal.
>>>

>> It may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
>> or a cold cereal or even just fruit.
>>

> English muffins? Bagels? Homemade fruit muffins?
>
> gloria p

Back in my working days, I never knew if I'd get to have lunch or when so I
ate breakfast like it could be my last meal. I still do. Perhaps that cold
cereal plan is just easier. Pass me the English muffins, bagels, blueberry
muffins, ham steak, cheese grits, chocolate donuts and a couple of eggs.
And a few waffles. HoooBoy! Thanks to you, I am a waffle-making maniac.
Polly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 03/11/2011 9:42 PM, gloria.p wrote:
may be time to switch to something like oatmeal or cream of wheat
>> or a cold cereal or even just fruit.
>>

> English muffins? Bagels? Homemade fruit muffins?

Bagels are not an option here. I have have Montreal bagels and bagels
from a place in Toronto that has bagels almost as good. The only bagels
I can get around here are from Tim Hortons or grocery stores. They just
aren't bagels.

My wife makes muffins frequently, usually blueberry. I want to try
making some with pears and ginger.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JL wrote:

>With potatoes

Yes, indeed! I like to put two medium fried eggs right over the top of
my extra-crispy hashbrowns, and eat them together.

This morning, I made buttermilk pancakes for hubby and I and we had
fried eggs on top of a couple of them. We ate late, so this was like
brunch for us, as knew we wouldn't be eating again until supper time.

Judy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pico Rico wrote:

>have you tried a French omelet?

I've never had one, but when we were first married, the first omelet I
learned to make was a Fluffy Omelet, where start it in a skillet, and
then it goes in the oven for awhile, and is then flipped over and served
with some kind of sauce, or creamed mixture, like creamed chicken, etc.
Hubby and I liked them with Mushroom Sauce over them. I should make one,
as it's been years, and are easy to do, and very tasty.

Judy