Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How Do You Best Like Chicken Prepared?

Recently we found it necessary to cook up some chicken on short notice,
and there happened to be a copy of Mark Bittman's "How To Cook Everything"
on hand. He recommended baking it quickly (20 minutes at 500F) with
a minimal amount of tomato/broth/herbs around it. Turned out excellent.
(These re bone-in skinless breasts, which was all the local butcher had.)

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:08:51 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:

>> (These re bone-in skinless breasts, which was all the local butcher had.)

>How hard is it for a butcher to stock skin-on chicken breasts (or
>thighs) and then just rip off the skin if/when a customer insists on
>skinless?

There is only one small butcher in Saluda, North Carolina and this
is what he had.

>(Bone-in skinless breasts seems kinda silly anyway - I haven't seen
>them for practically ever)

May be a regional sort of thing.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote:

>(Bone-in skinless breasts seems kinda silly anyway - I haven't seen
>them for practically ever)

I noticed that compared to boneless chicken breasts, they do not
flop around, curl up, or otherwise change their shape as much while
you are cooking them. Maybe there is some sort of advantage to this.

Steve