Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house

Default How to cook with temperature probe in old Sharp Carousel II R-7350?

"Pico Rico" > wrote in message news:...

> "Doc" > wrote in message
>>I have a Sharp Carousel II circa 1984 and want to try cooking with the
>> temperature probe. I don't have the manual and can't locate one for
>> this model online.
>>
>> I've been using it for years, still works great but just for grins
>> want to try cooking a chicken with the temp probe. No combo of button
>> pushes seems to work. Probe in bird, plugged in the receptacle. If I
>> input 165 on the touchpad and then press "Temp" it brings up 165 f on
>> the display, if I push the "cook" button, it beeps but nothing
>> happens.
>>
>> Anyone familiar with this oven or some close cousin who can advise how
>> to do this?
>>
>> Thanks

> might the next step be to push a power level?

based on this manual for a different model Carousel II oven, my guess was
right! See page 20 and give it a try.

http://www.microwavewizard.com/suppo...9h93-83-73.pdf

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house

On Oct 15, 7:59*pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:

> based on this manual for a different model Carousel II oven, my guess was
> right! *See page 20 and give it a try.
>
> http://www.microwavewizard.com/suppo...9h93-83-73.pdf

Thanks for the referral but it doesn't seem to be applicable to mine.
No "power level" button per se on mine.

This is the layout of the touchpad on mine

|Auto Start/Clock|------------|Temp|

|1|----------------|2|------------------|3|
|4|----------------|5|------------------|6|
|7|----------------|8|------------------|9|
|Timer|----------|0|------------|Clear|

|Low|---|Med Low/Defrost|--|Med|
|Med High|----------------------|High|

|Stop|----------------------------|Cook|

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house

"Doc" > wrote in message
On Oct 15, 7:59 pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:

> based on this manual for a different model Carousel II oven, my guess was
> right! See page 20 and give it a try.
>
> http://www.microwavewizard.com/suppo...9h93-83-73.pdf

Thanks for the referral but it doesn't seem to be applicable to mine.
No "power level" button per se on mine.

This is the layout of the touchpad on mine

|Auto Start/Clock|------------|Temp|

|1|----------------|2|------------------|3|
|4|----------------|5|------------------|6|
|7|----------------|8|------------------|9|
|Timer|----------|0|------------|Clear|

|Low|---|Med Low/Defrost|--|Med|
|Med High|----------------------|High|

|Stop|----------------------------|Cook|

what do you think Low, . . Med, . . . High are?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house

On Oct 15, 10:50*pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:

> >http://www.microwavewizard.com/suppo...9h93-83-73.pdf

> Thanks for the referral but it doesn't seem to be applicable to mine.
> No "power level" button per se on mine.
>
> This is the layout of the touchpad on mine
>
> |Auto Start/Clock|------------|Temp|
>
> |1|----------------|2|------------------|3|
> |4|----------------|5|------------------|6|
> |7|----------------|8|------------------|9|
> |Timer|----------|0|------------|Clear|
>
> |Low|---|Med Low/Defrost|--|Med|
> |Med High|----------------------|High|
>
> |Stop|----------------------------|Cook|
>
> what do you think Low, *. . Med, . . . High are?

What I mean is, no button marked "Power Level" as it appears to be in
the manual you referenced. That one seems to require 2 buttons to set
the power level. I tried to see if I could apply the procedure as
outlined there and it doesn't work.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house

"Doc" > wrote in message
On Oct 15, 10:50 pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:

> >http://www.microwavewizard.com/suppo...9h93-83-73.pdf

> Thanks for the referral but it doesn't seem to be applicable to mine.
> No "power level" button per se on mine.
>
> This is the layout of the touchpad on mine
>
> |Auto Start/Clock|------------|Temp|
>
> |1|----------------|2|------------------|3|
> |4|----------------|5|------------------|6|
> |7|----------------|8|------------------|9|
> |Timer|----------|0|------------|Clear|
>
> |Low|---|Med Low/Defrost|--|Med|
> |Med High|----------------------|High|
>
> |Stop|----------------------------|Cook|
>
> what do you think Low, . . Med, . . . High are?

What I mean is, no button marked "Power Level" as it appears to be in
the manual you referenced. That one seems to require 2 buttons to set
the power level. I tried to see if I could apply the procedure as
outlined there and it doesn't work.

I'm not sure what you tried. Did you try:

165
temp
High
Cook

?

or try

High
165
temp
cook

or try
temp
165
high
cook

or try

high
temp
165
cook

I know I'd be eating already.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers.house

On Oct 16, 6:40*am, "Pico Rico" > wrote:
> "Doc" > wrote in message

> On Oct 15, 10:50 pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:
>

> > >http://www.microwavewizard.com/suppo...9h93-83-73.pdf

> > Thanks for the referral but it doesn't seem to be applicable to mine.
> > No "power level" button per se on mine.

> > This is the layout of the touchpad on mine

> > |Auto Start/Clock|------------|Temp|

> > |1|----------------|2|------------------|3|
> > |4|----------------|5|------------------|6|
> > |7|----------------|8|------------------|9|
> > |Timer|----------|0|------------|Clear|

> > |Low|---|Med Low/Defrost|--|Med|
> > |Med High|----------------------|High|

> > |Stop|----------------------------|Cook|

> > what do you think Low, . . Med, . . . High are?

> What I mean is, no button marked "Power Level" as it appears to be in
> the manual you referenced. That one seems to require 2 buttons to set
> the power level. I tried to see if I could apply the procedure as
> outlined there and it doesn't work.
>
> I'm not sure what you tried. *Did you try:
>
> 165
> temp
> High
> Cook
>
> ?
>
> or try
>
> High
> 165
> temp
> cook
>
> or try
> temp
> 165
> high
> cook
>
> or try
>
> high
> temp
> 165
> cook
>
> I know I'd be eating already.

He will need to say, "eenie, meenie, minee, moe".............