Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default chicken soup

Been feeling sickly lately, under stress, can't shake this viral thing
going on.
Last night made chicken soup, takes about 4.5 hours to do right.
Just enjoying it with others, like many childhood weekends. Also got to
make green bean and potato soup soon.

http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/best%20chicken%20soup.htm

http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/green%20bean.htm

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/10/2011 2:32 PM, gregz wrote:
> Been feeling sickly lately, under stress, can't shake this viral thing
> going on.
> Last night made chicken soup, takes about 4.5 hours to do right.
> Just enjoying it with others, like many childhood weekends. Also got to
> make green bean and potato soup soon.
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/best%20chicken%20soup.htm
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/green%20bean.htm

It is soup making season again. I made a big batch of split pea soup a
few weeks ago. Last week I made lentil soup, which was my second try for
lentil soup and it's just not as good as other soups. Yesterday I used
the bones from a prime rib to make beef barley soup.

I had some of the beef barely for lunch today. It is a cool, rainy and
very windy day, a perfect day for comfort food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gregz" > wrote in message
> Been feeling sickly lately, under stress, can't shake this viral thing
> going on.
> Last night made chicken soup, takes about 4.5 hours to do right.
> Just enjoying it with others, like many childhood weekends. Also got to
> make green bean and potato soup soon.
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/best%20chicken%20soup.htm
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/green%20bean.htm
>
> Greg

http://www.unmc.edu/chickensoup/docs...dstudy2000.pdf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 1:32*pm, gregz > wrote:
> Been feeling sickly lately, under stress, can't shake this viral thing
> going on.
> Last night made chicken soup, takes about 4.5 hours to do right.
> Just enjoying it with others, like many childhood weekends. Also got to
> make green bean and potato soup soon.
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/best%20chicken%20soup.htm
>
> http://www.pitt.edu/~szekeres/green%20bean.htm
>
> Greg

Would you rather have a nice hot steaming bowl of Grandma's chicken
soup or drink the water in which a dead chicken carcass was boiled?

Same thing! :-)

John Kuthe...