Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken Soup : Sweet Corn Chicken Soup

Chicken Soup : Sweet Corn Chicken Soup

Makes 3 servings in 1 hour 30 minutes
VEGETABLES / Eurasian / Soup / Stove / No marination

-View Picture at :
http://recipe.theskinnycook.com/Swee...cken-Soup.html
-

My wife Jessy is a soup lover and a corn lover.
Myself I love making soup and sometimes I am a corn-y person : the
ideal Eurasian match.

All this results in the following Eurasian soup.
Jessy , "only being objective", finds it delicious.

Myself, I find it looks a bit like shark-fin
soup. I said a bit...

INGREDIENTS
* 1/2 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
* 1 corn cob
* 2 cups (1 liter) chicken stock
* 3 teaspoons corn-flour
* little water
* 7 to 8 ounce (220 gr) can creamed corn
* 3 spring onions, finely chopped
* soy sauce to taste (1 to 2 soupspoons)
* salt to taste if you don't want to add more soy sauce
* freshly ground black pepper to taste, (I love to add a lot)

* For the stock :
* 8.75 ounce (250 gr) chicken with bone
* 1 onion
* 3 cloves garlic

PREPARATION
1. Make an easy chicken stock with the chicken, onion, garlic : put
in 2 1/2 cups (about 1,25 liter) of water and let boil for one
hour. (Main thing is to get the chicken cooked, as afterwards we
need the meat.)
2. No need to remove the fat on top of the stock, as we are not
going to add any oil.
3. Steam the corn cob until tender (which will take 10 to 15
minutes).
4. Leave it to cool so you can handle it easy. Then with a knife : cut

the corn kernels from the cob. Throw away the cob.
5. Remove the cooked chicken from it's bones and shred the
meat.
6. Heat the stock in a clay pot and add the corn, chicken and
ginger.
7. After boiling, reduce the heat and leave the soup to simmer,
uncovered for 5 minutes.
8. Blend the corn-flour and the little water together until smooth.
9. Add the corn-flour - water mixture to the pot, stirring
continuously. Stir over medium heat until the soup boils and
thickens slightly. (Add more cornflower if after 1 minute of
boiling, you still want the soup to be thicker)
10. Reduce the heat, add the creamed corn, spring onion and stir
gently to combine.
11. Season to taste with soy sauce, salt and pepper and leave to
simmer for a further 5 minutes before serving immediately.

http://recipe.theskinnycook.com
Skinny Cooks' Home-Recipes : Eurasian Cooking, Food and Tips!

Chicken and Corn Soup sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 18-11-2016 03:43 PM
Chicken corn soup [email protected] General Cooking 1 04-09-2009 08:25 PM
chicken corn soup spud Barbecue 1 20-04-2009 03:35 PM
chicken corn soup grawun General Cooking 2 02-04-2006 06:43 PM
Chicken Corn Soup (5) Collection Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 09-10-2005 06:49 AM