Old 13-10-2011, 06:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Who needs Halloween?

I like candy as much as the next person, even though I have to restrict myself
from eating it.

But what I hate is that Halloween should be an universal holiday, a holiday for
everyone to collect as much candy as they can...but the kids have taken over a
perfectly good holiday.

So for the last few years I have practiced Reverse Trick or Treat. When someone
comes to my door, before they can say ToT, I say it. They look confused and I
tell them that because I have to stay home to give them candy is no reason I
should be deprived of the same joy. Still confused I tell them that as soon as
they give me some candy, I will give them candy. Some balk, some laugh, but most
will put some candy in my ToT bag and then I give them the candy I've bought for
the occasion. The upside is that if I run out of my candy I can give out what
I've collected.

Of course I don't do this to the ultra-minnies as they wouldn't understand, but
then again, what do they really understand about Halloween anyway?

So I urge all of you to practice Reverse Trick or Treat...if for no other reason
than that it is quite funny

Old 13-10-2011, 07:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
[...]

sounds like way too much effort. I just hide with all the lights out. Like
every other night.

Old 13-10-2011, 11:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote
So I urge all of you to practice Reverse Trick or Treat...if for no other
reason
than that it is quite funny

We go out to dinner.

Old 13-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds View Post
[...]

It is a lot of effort but no pay. I mean you just make yourself tired of explaining your reverse ToT. Although this is a nice idea if you like to make someone balk at you all the time haha!

Old 13-10-2011, 05:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

[...]

LOL, there ya go!

Cheri

Old 13-10-2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 12, 11:05*pm, "Pico Rico" wrote:
[...]

I give the little buggers dollar pancakes or sliced salami.
Old 13-10-2011, 08:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:28:47 -0700, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

[...]

how would you feel if the kids demanded to go out and get drunk on new
year's eve?

your pal,
blake
Old 13-10-2011, 08:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

But what I hate is that Halloween should be an universal holiday, a holiday for
everyone to collect as much candy as they can...but the kids have taken over a
perfectly good holiday.

Celebrate Halloween! And Thanksgiving too! The Christmas decorations
already come out much too early and they need competition to keep them
from coming out earlier still next year.
Old 13-10-2011, 08:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:
[...]

half of those that ring the doors are "adults" with their own money

Old 13-10-2011, 08:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

The purpose of Halloween is for humans to control the overpopulation of
Peeps each year.

Old 13-10-2011, 10:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
haleymcadams1 wrote:

So I urge all of you to practice Reverse Trick or Treat...if for no
other reason
than that it is quite funny

It is a lot of effort but no pay. I mean you just make yourself tired of
explaining your reverse ToT. Although this is a nice idea if you like to
make someone balk at you all the time haha!

no more so that oh and awing about their costumes. in any event humor is
priceless
Old 13-10-2011, 10:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , "Kswck"
wrote:

[...]

which my practice does
Old 13-10-2011, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
blake murphy wrote:

[...]

don't they already do that?

Welcome HALLOWEEN UMMM General Cooking 0 14-10-2011 04:50 PM
Halloween Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 20 31-08-2011 07:44 PM
Something different for Halloween? Help! Nexis General Cooking 19 04-11-2004 08:28 AM
Halloween Margaret Suran General Cooking 10 29-10-2004 11:55 PM
Halloween Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 20 15-10-2004 03:53 PM