Old 10-10-2004, 04:29 AM
Virginia Tadrzynski

Default Halloween

My place of employment wants us to dress for the occassion. Is anyone else
doing it and what are you going as......I thought I would be a deviled egg.
-Ginny

--
"There are weapons of mass destruction.....and Dick Cheney has the receipt"
.. -Prof. Irwin Corey

Old 10-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Melba's Jammin'

In article , "Virginia Tadrzynski"
wrote:

My place of employment wants us to dress for the occassion. Is anyone
else
doing it and what are you going as......I thought I would be a deviled
egg.
-Ginny

We went to a costume party once where we had to dress up as song titles.
A very simple one: Wear a big pocke****ch around your neck and carry
and empty open purse or wallet. "If You've Got The Money, Honey, I've
Got The Time." Rob wore a red sweatshirt and went as "The Red, Red
Robin. Goes Bob Bob Bobbing Along". I wore a hooded robe like a monk
and walked around saying only "evening" in various chant tones. "Some
Monk Chanted Evening." "-) (OK, "Some Enchanted Evening" - Rossano
Brassi, eh?)

When Beck was 7-1/2 months pregnant, she wore a black sports bra and
black tights -- and painted her enormous belly orange -- like a
jack-o-lantern. I think her bellybutton was the nose. :-) It was a
small party with only very good friends in attendance. The picture is
hysterical! (Have you looked at the pic of Sam as pumpkin on my
webpage, Ginny? Do.)
--
-Barb, www.jamlady.eboard.com Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Old 10-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "Virginia Tadrzynski" said:

My place of employment wants us to dress for the occassion. Is anyone else
doing it and what are you going as......I thought I would be a deviled egg.

A fellow mom dressed up as an egg with horns, tail, and pitchfork two
years ago, is that what you mean? I absolutely loved that costume...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
Old 11-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Beirader

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
My place of employment wants us to dress for the occassion. Is anyone else
doing it and what are you going as......I thought I would be a deviled egg.
-Ginny

--
"There are weapons of mass destruction.....and Dick Cheney has the receipt"
. -Prof. Irwin Corey

Well as a real practicing "Witch" and member of an active Coven I plan
to dress up as an angel. And I am taking the wonderful receipt for
Angel Food Cake that I done for years. It is filled with chocolate so
that when it is cut in runs out in a river of yummy stuff. The top is
frosted with cream cheese, powdered sugar and pecans with coconut shreds
toasted.
I also make a devils food cake with all the appropriate stuff in it,
just what would have been expected. Now this is for a work thingy.
You would love what we really have to eat at our Samhain festival.
Hope this doesn't get to the wrong newsgroup again!
Bee
Old 11-10-2004, 01:07 AM
CJB

previously in rfc, Beirader wrote:

Well as a real practicing "Witch" and member of an active Coven I
plan to dress up as an angel. And I am taking the wonderful receipt
for Angel Food Cake that I done for years. It is filled with
chocolate so that when it is cut in runs out in a river of yummy
stuff. The top is frosted with cream cheese, powdered sugar and
pecans with coconut shreds toasted.

I'd love to have that recipe!! It sounds delicious.

-Claudia

Old 11-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Gregory Morrow

Beirader wrote:

Well as a real practicing "Witch" and member of an active Coven

What an ignorant bunch of BS.

--
Best
Greg

Old 12-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Gregory Morrow

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

What is served at Samhain?

Studpidity.

--
Best
Greg

Old 12-10-2004, 03:22 AM
Gregory Morrow

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

What is served at Samhain?

Studpidity.

--
Best
Greg

Old 12-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Beirader

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

What is served at Samhain?

Studpidity.

How would you know. Stupid people who go to Grinnell and live in that
state of mindlessness would never have a clue.

Old 15-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Ranee Mueller

In article , baker
wrote:

You and two other people remember that the historical background
Halloween is religious. Well, OK, maybe a few more remember. For most
folks it's about pumpkins, black cats, and witches on broomsticks! :-)

Those are the religious symbols. I just find it odd that people
get in a snit about Christmas lights at work, but are okay with dressing
up and having Halloween decorations up.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove Do Not and Spam to email

See my Blog at: http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Old 15-10-2004, 02:35 AM
baker

Ranee Mueller wrote in
:

In article , baker
wrote:

You and two other people remember that the historical background
Halloween is religious. Well, OK, maybe a few more remember. For
most folks it's about pumpkins, black cats, and witches on
broomsticks! :-)

Those are the religious symbols. I just find it odd that
people
get in a snit about Christmas lights at work, but are okay with
dressing up and having Halloween decorations up.

Regards,
Ranee

Yes, I know, but most folks either don't think of that or don't even
know that.

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.

Old 15-10-2004, 02:35 AM
baker

Ranee Mueller wrote in
:

In article , baker
wrote:

You and two other people remember that the historical background
Halloween is religious. Well, OK, maybe a few more remember. For
most folks it's about pumpkins, black cats, and witches on
broomsticks! :-)

Those are the religious symbols. I just find it odd that
people
get in a snit about Christmas lights at work, but are okay with
dressing up and having Halloween decorations up.

Regards,
Ranee

Yes, I know, but most folks either don't think of that or don't even
know that.

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.

Who needs Halloween? Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds General Cooking 20 25-10-2011 02:17 AM
Welcome HALLOWEEN UMMM General Cooking 0 14-10-2011 04:50 PM
Halloween Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 20 31-08-2011 07:44 PM
Something different for Halloween? Help! Nexis General Cooking 19 04-11-2004 08:28 AM
Halloween Margaret Suran General Cooking 10 29-10-2004 11:55 PM