Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Freeze-dried blueberries

I bought some freeze-dried blueberries at the suggestion of someone
here - TJ's had them. Today, I was out of fresh ones so I tried them in
my usual fruit-and-almond butter breakfast. Even after sitting for a
few minutes, they were like corn puffs in texture. We put some others
into warm water, and they were softer but still crunchy after 15-20
minutes.

The package contains no reconstitution instructions - what am I missing
here?

Thanks in advance.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve wrote:

> I bought some freeze-dried blueberries at the suggestion of someone here -
> TJ's had them. Today, I was out of fresh ones so I tried them in my usual
> fruit-and-almond butter breakfast. Even after sitting for a few minutes,
> they were like corn puffs in texture. We put some others into warm water,
> and they were softer but still crunchy after 15-20 minutes.
>
> The package contains no reconstitution instructions - what am I missing
> here?

What you're missing is that the recommendation came from clueless AOL newbie
Sheldon "Pussy" Katz, and is therefore worthless.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Freides wrote:
> I bought some freeze-dried blueberries at the suggestion of someone
> here - TJ's had them. Today, I was out of fresh ones so I tried them in
> my usual fruit-and-almond butter breakfast. Even after sitting for a
> few minutes, they were like corn puffs in texture. We put some others
> into warm water, and they were softer but still crunchy after 15-20
> minutes.
>
> The package contains no reconstitution instructions - what am I missing
> here?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -S-

Heh! You can rehydrate them in expensive blueberry juice. I have
been thinking about freeze-dried fruit, mainly because I can't
find unsweetened dried cranberries.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:13:39 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Heh! You can rehydrate them in expensive blueberry juice. I have
> been thinking about freeze-dried fruit, mainly because I can't
> find unsweetened dried cranberries.

What about soaking them in plain water to remove some of the sugar?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:13:39 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:
>
>> Heh! You can rehydrate them in expensive blueberry juice. I have
>> been thinking about freeze-dried fruit, mainly because I can't
>> find unsweetened dried cranberries.

> What about soaking them in plain water to remove some of the sugar?

I dunno. With me, it's kind-of all or nothing.

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 08:40:36 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Jean B." wrote:
>>Steve "trolling *******" Freides wrote:
>>> I bought some freeze-dried blueberries at the suggestion of someone
>>> here - TJ's had them. Today, I was out of fresh ones so I tried them in
>>> my usual fruit-and-almond butter breakfast. Even after sitting for a
>>> few minutes, they were like corn puffs in texture. We put some others
>>> into warm water, and they were softer but still crunchy after 15-20
>>> minutes.
>>>
>>> The package contains no reconstitution instructions - what am I missing
>>> here?

> An honest poster would have simply asked if anyone knows how to
> *rehydrate* (not "reconstitute") freeze dried blueberries. That you
> inserted that you purchased freeze dried blueberries at the
> recommendation of someone here, but without mentioning their name,
> says you're trolling, a shit stirring ******* who never bought any
> berries.

you are a ****ing head case.

blake