Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default My next mixer.

When and If my KA bites the dust. This is what I want. With all the
accessories.

http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-17, ImStillMags > wrote:
> When and If my KA bites the dust. This is what I want. With all the
> accessories.
>
> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

If ya got the jingles, do it!! You might look at ebay and used resto
equip houses for a deal.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17 May 2011 15:20:28 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2011-05-17, ImStillMags > wrote:
>> When and If my KA bites the dust. This is what I want. With all the
>> accessories.
>>
>> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

>If ya got the jingles, do it!! You might look at ebay and used resto
>equip houses for a deal.

It's too small a capacity to be practical value for money... either
buy the 12 quart Hobart or buy four KAs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 10:39*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> When and If my KA bites the dust. *This is what I want. * With all the
> accessories.
>
> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

Is there an advantage to its bring fixed speed?

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 17, 8:50*am, Jerry Avins > wrote:
> On May 17, 10:39*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > When and If my KA bites the dust. *This is what I want. * With all the
> > accessories.

> >http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

> Is there an advantage to its bring fixed speed?
>
> Jerry
> --
> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

Well it has three speeds. Most of us don't use more than that, and
for home baking, etc, three speeds seems like plenty.

It even comes in colors if you want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 9:39*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> When and If my KA bites the dust. *This is what I want. * With all the
> accessories.
>
> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

"Three fixed speeds?" No thanks.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 11:30*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On May 17, 8:50*am, Jerry Avins > wrote:
>
> > On May 17, 10:39*am, ImStillMags > wrote:

> > > When and If my KA bites the dust. *This is what I want. * With all the
> > > accessories.

> > >http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

> > Is there an advantage to its bring fixed speed?

> > Jerry
> > --
> > Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

> Well it has three speeds. * Most of us don't use more than that, and
> for home baking, etc, three speeds seems like plenty.
>
> It even comes in colors if you want.

I'm too used to my KA's almost infinite number - well, not infinite,
but it has speed calibrations a-plenty. I couldn't get along with 3
fixed.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
> On May 17, 8:50 am, Jerry Avins > wrote:
>> On May 17, 10:39 am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>>
>> > When and If my KA bites the dust. This is what I want. With all the
>> > accessories.

>> >http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

>> Is there an advantage to its bring fixed speed?
>>
>> Jerry
>> --
>> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

> Well it has three speeds. Most of us don't use more than that, and
> for home baking, etc, three speeds seems like plenty.
>
> It even comes in colors if you want.

It sure looks good to me

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2011 1:55 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "ImStillMags" > wrote in message

>>> Is there an advantage to its bring fixed speed?
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>> --
>>> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

>> Well it has three speeds. Most of us don't use more than that, and
>> for home baking, etc, three speeds seems like plenty.
>>
>> It even comes in colors if you want.

> It sure looks good to me

What is the connection between Hobart mixers and the KitchenAids sold in
appliance stores? They sure *look* similar. I've seen one of the
floor-standing large size mixers in a local bakery store.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2011 3:28 PM, Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2011 15:06:45 -0400, James Silverton
> > wrote:
>
>> What is the connection between Hobart mixers and the KitchenAids sold in
>> appliance stores? They sure *look* similar. I've seen one of the
>> floor-standing large size mixers in a local bakery store.

> KitchenAid used to be made by Hobart, which is why they look similar.
>
> I have one of the old ones...still going strong after 30 years or
> more.
>
> Christine

So that's what happened! I have one of that vintage, which apart from
not being in the pretty colors now available, looks just like current
ones. About 15 years ago, it started making a noise and I opened it up
and replaced the white grease on the gears. It has run perfectly since.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 5/17/2011 1:55 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Well it has three speeds. Most of us don't use more than that, and
>>> for home baking, etc, three speeds seems like plenty.
>>>
>>> It even comes in colors if you want.

>> It sure looks good to me

> What is the connection between Hobart mixers and the KitchenAids sold in
> appliance stores? They sure *look* similar. I've seen one of the
> floor-standing large size mixers in a local bakery store.

Dunno. I have never actually seen a real Hobart. I have only read about
them and I they sound wonderful)

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-05-17, Ophelia > wrote:

> Dunno. I have never actually seen a real Hobart. I have only read about
> them and I they sound wonderful)

They show up on ebay, now and then. They look pretty much like what
they are, an old KA.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 17, 11:40*am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On May 17, 11:30*am, ImStillMags > wrote:

> > > Is there an advantage to its bring fixed speed?

> > > Jerry
> > > --
> > > Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
ImStillMags > wrote:

> When and If my KA bites the dust. This is what I want. With all the
> accessories.
>
> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

I wonder what "Hobart-designed" means. What does it cost? (I didn't
look carefully for a price.)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to rec.food.cooking
tom tom is offline

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> ImStillMags > wrote:
>
>> When and If my KA bites the dust. This is what I want. With all the
>> accessories.
>>
>> http://www.hobartcorp.com/products/f...5-quart-mixer/

> I wonder what "Hobart-designed" means. What does it cost? (I didn't
> look carefully for a price.)

Price: $2,136.75

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-N50-Qt-.../dp/B003D5LQXY

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "tom" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> > I wonder what "Hobart-designed" means. What does it cost? (I didn't
> > look carefully for a price.)
> >

> Price: $2,136.75
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-N50-Qt-.../dp/B003D5LQXY

Thank you; I saw others' posts after I made mine. Whoops.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > ha scritto nel messaggio

How would it be any different than a hot plate?

It's an attempt to compete with the Thermomix or Bimby.

Mixer Shana's Sweets Cooking Equipment 1 29-05-2011 09:04 PM
mixer thekitchen-aide Cooking Equipment 1 09-03-2011 06:50 PM
Mixer (here we go again) gloria.p General Cooking 23 11-08-2010 06:13 PM
New Mixer Paul Gilbert[_2_] Sourdough 6 04-12-2008 02:56 AM
Mixer Terry M Sourdough 6 22-12-2003 08:45 PM