Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Induction cook top and Gordon Ramsay cookware

Can anyone give me an oppinion on how well Gordon Ramsay (royal
doulton) cookware works with induction cooktops? We got the set 2 or 3
years ago, it was not, as far as I know, marketed as being for
induction use.

Any help is appreciated, john
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 12, 1:54*pm, Tarpon > wrote:
> Can anyone give me an oppinion on how well Gordon Ramsay (royal
> doulton) cookware works with induction cooktops? We got the set 2 or 3
> years ago, it was not, as far as I know, marketed as being for
> induction use.

I assume it is stainless steel. If it is ferromagnetic it will work;
if it isn't, it won't. The easiest way to find out is simply to test
it with a magnet. If it sticks, you're OK.

LW
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Tarpon > wrote:

> Can anyone give me an oppinion on how well Gordon Ramsay (royal
> doulton) cookware works with induction cooktops? We got the set 2 or 3
> years ago, it was not, as far as I know, marketed as being for
> induction use.
>
> Any help is appreciated, john

If a magnet grabs it, it should work. Are there any markings on the
bottom of the pans that would indicate? Do you have the box or hang
tags it came with? Info should be there.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> If a magnet grabs it, it should work. *Are there any markings on the
> bottom of the pans that would indicate? *Do you have the box or hang
> tags it came with? *Info should be there.
>
> --
> Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
> "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
> Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Thanks both of you for the answers.
a magnet does stick to it, but not strongly at all. and, there is
nothing on the bottom of the pot that helps.

I think I'll pass on the cooktop.

All the best,
john
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Tarpon > wrote:

> > If a magnet grabs it, it should work. *Are there any markings on the
> > bottom of the pans that would indicate? *Do you have the box or hang
> > tags it came with? *Info should be there.
> >
> > --
> > Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
> > "Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
> > Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;http://web.me.com/barbschaller

> Thanks both of you for the answers.
> a magnet does stick to it, but not strongly at all. and, there is
> nothing on the bottom of the pot that helps.
>
> I think I'll pass on the cooktop.
>
> All the best,
> john

Take it to a place that has an induction cooktop wired up and
functional. Try it.