Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

Default Food Network going downhill?

I found this recipe on their website rather amusing.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html

:Late Night Bacon
:Cook Time:5 min
:Level: Easy
:Yield: 4 servings
:Ingredients
:8 slices bacon
:
irections
:Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate, lay the bacon out on the
aper towel not overlapping the slices. Place 2 more sheets of paper towel on top.
:Place in the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.

Really, Food Network?

I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast, "streaky bacon", eggs,
and heated alfredo sauce from a jar.

--
"If Barack Obama isn't careful, he will become the Jimmy Carter of the
21st century."

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

> I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast, "streaky bacon", eggs,
> and heated alfredo sauce from a jar.

That ranks right up there with her Kwanzaa cake.

Thank you for watching Sandra Lee, so I don't have to.
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
>I found this recipe on their website rather amusing.
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html
>
> :Late Night Bacon
> :Cook Time:5 min
> :Level: Easy
> :Yield: 4 servings
> :Ingredients
> :8 slices bacon
> :
> irections
> :Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate, lay the bacon
> out on the
> aper towel not overlapping the slices. Place 2 more sheets of paper
> towel on top.
> :Place in the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
>
> Really, Food Network?
>
> I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast, "streaky
> bacon", eggs,
> and heated alfredo sauce from a jar.

That really sounds disgusting. And it is not like you can't get hollandaise
sauce in a jar, either. It's not all that good but it's a damn site better
than alfredo sauce. Yech! I see Sandra Lee in hell being forced to eat her
own concoctions. You know she doesn't cook that crap for herself.

Paul

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...recipe/index.h
> tml
>
> :Late Night Bacon
> :Cook Time:5 min
> :Level: Easy
> :Yield: 4 servings
> :Ingredients
> :8 slices bacon
> :
> irections
> :Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate, lay the bacon out
> n the
> aper towel not overlapping the slices. Place 2 more sheets of paper towel
> n top.
> :Place in the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
>
> Really, Food Network?
>
> I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast, "streaky
> bacon"

She made bacon from Supergirl's cat!?!??!

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

> > I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast, "streaky
> > bacon", eggs,
> > and heated alfredo sauce from a jar.

> That really sounds disgusting. *And it is not like you can't get hollandaise
> sauce in a jar, either. *It's not all that good but it's a damn site better
> than alfredo sauce. *Yech! *I see Sandra Lee in hell being forced to eat her
> own concoctions. * You know she doesn't cook that crap for herself.

Her show has a self-indulgent train-wreck quality to it that I haven't
seen on television since the Kathie Lee Gifford Christmas specials of
the 1990's, where you know the cameramen and production personnel are
embarrassed to be squandering their talents working on such a terrible
show. You know the behind the scenes people never eat the food she
makes after the show wraps.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Paul M. Cook" > wrote:

> "Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
> >I found this recipe on their website rather amusing.
> > http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...n-recipe/index
> > .html
> >
> > :Late Night Bacon
> > :Cook Time:5 min
> > :Level: Easy
> > :Yield: 4 servings
> > :Ingredients
> > :8 slices bacon
> > :
> > irections
> > :Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate, lay the bacon
> > out on the
> > aper towel not overlapping the slices. Place 2 more sheets of paper
> > towel on top.
> > :Place in the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
> >
> > Really, Food Network?
> >
> > I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast, "streaky
> > bacon", eggs,
> > and heated alfredo sauce from a jar.

> That really sounds disgusting. And it is not like you can't get hollandaise
> sauce in a jar, either. It's not all that good but it's a damn site better
> than alfredo sauce. Yech! I see Sandra Lee in hell being forced to eat her
> own concoctions. You know she doesn't cook that crap for herself.
>
> Paul

I've tried Hollandaise in a jar a couple times. It's either watery or
hard as a rock; either way it's not actually edible.

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

"Anim8rFSK" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
>
>> "Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
>> >I found this recipe on their website rather amusing.
>> > http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...n-recipe/index
>> > .html
>> >
>> > :Late Night Bacon
>> > :Cook Time:5 min
>> > :Level: Easy
>> > :Yield: 4 servings
>> > :Ingredients
>> > :8 slices bacon
>> > :
>> > irections
>> > :Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate, lay the bacon
>> > out on the
>> > aper towel not overlapping the slices. Place 2 more sheets of paper
>> > towel on top.
>> > :Place in the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
>> >
>> > Really, Food Network?
>> >
>> > I am currently watching SLop make eggs benedict with wheat toast,
>> > "streaky
>> > bacon", eggs,
>> > and heated alfredo sauce from a jar.

>> That really sounds disgusting. And it is not like you can't get
>> hollandaise
>> sauce in a jar, either. It's not all that good but it's a damn site
>> better
>> than alfredo sauce. Yech! I see Sandra Lee in hell being forced to eat
>> her
>> own concoctions. You know she doesn't cook that crap for herself.
>>
>> Paul

> I've tried Hollandaise in a jar a couple times. It's either watery or
> hard as a rock; either way it's not actually edible.

I'd cut a slice of it off and use it before I used jarred Alfredo sauce.
The two are completely different things. I shudder to think of what she may
use as an egg substitute next.

Paul

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On May 8, 10:41*am, (Ubiquitous) wrote:
> I found this recipe on their website rather amusing.http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ht-bacon-recip...
>
> :Late Night Bacon
> :Cook Time:5 min
> :Level: Easy
> :Yield: 4 servings
> :Ingredients
> :8 slices bacon
> :
> irections
> :Place 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave safe plate, lay the bacon out on the
> aper towel not overlapping the slices. Place 2 more sheets of paper towel on top.
> :Place in the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
>
> Really, Food Network?

LOL. What's next, midnight toast?
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On May 8, 12:33*pm, wrote:
> On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:41:53 -0500, (Ubiquitous)
> wrote:
>
> >Really, Food Network?

> Food Network started heading downhill years ago when they cancelled
> Ready, Set, Cook, accelerated their decline with the American Iron
> Chef, and bottomed out about two years ago. They have nothing that
> we'll watch any more.
>
> The Cooking Channel has picked up some overlooked actual cooking
> content, but they'll undoubtedly follow the same route. *8;(

I think the beginning of the end for the Food Network was when they
started that "Emeril Live" abomination.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael O'Connor wrote:

> Her show has a self-indulgent train-wreck quality to it that I haven't
> seen on television since the Kathie Lee Gifford Christmas specials of
> the 1990's, where you know the cameramen and production personnel are
> embarrassed to be squandering their talents working on such a terrible
> show.

Among actors there's a saying - Waiters wait. Actors act.

The same ideas apply to grips and other production folks. They take the
work they can get.
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On May 8, 2:02*pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:41:53 -0500, (Ubiquitous)
> > wrote:

> >>Really, Food Network?

> > Food Network started heading downhill years ago when they cancelled
> > Ready, Set, Cook, accelerated their decline with the American Iron
> > Chef, and bottomed out about two years ago. They have nothing that
> > we'll watch any more.

> > The Cooking Channel has picked up some overlooked actual cooking
> > content, but they'll undoubtedly follow the same route. *8;(

> Yeah, that was my impression. *They have a few of the older shows but it is
> by far and away not their major lineup. *Still, it is something. *Now that I
> can never find Alton Brown on FTV anymore I just never go there. *Total
> waste of a channel. *Like I want to watch biker broads making cupcakes or
> Buzzy the Hummingbird (Rachel Ray) making me seasick bobbing around like a
> hyperactive 3 year old on a sugar high.
>
> Paul

They have a new show for Emeril - have you seen the commercials? He
travels around (there's an original concept - not) and visits places
which are known for the "signature" dish in that category. Haven't we
seen this a few times before? I wish they'd have programs that show
great pastry chefs (no recipes needed, just want to watch technique) -
or any great chefs, like they used to have on PBS in my state. You
know, actual COOKING shows.

N.
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
On May 8, 2:02 pm, "Paul M. Cook" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> > On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:41:53 -0500, (Ubiquitous)
> > wrote:

> >>Really, Food Network?

> > Food Network started heading downhill years ago when they cancelled
> > Ready, Set, Cook, accelerated their decline with the American Iron
> > Chef, and bottomed out about two years ago. They have nothing that
> > we'll watch any more.

> > The Cooking Channel has picked up some overlooked actual cooking
> > content, but they'll undoubtedly follow the same route. 8;(

> Yeah, that was my impression. They have a few of the older shows but it is
> by far and away not their major lineup. Still, it is something. Now that I
> can never find Alton Brown on FTV anymore I just never go there. Total
> waste of a channel. Like I want to watch biker broads making cupcakes or
> Buzzy the Hummingbird (Rachel Ray) making me seasick bobbing around like a
> hyperactive 3 year old on a sugar high.
>
> Paul

They have a new show for Emeril - have you seen the commercials? He
travels around (there's an original concept - not) and visits places
which are known for the "signature" dish in that category. Haven't we
seen this a few times before? I wish they'd have programs that show
great pastry chefs (no recipes needed, just want to watch technique) -
or any great chefs, like they used to have on PBS in my state. You
know, actual COOKING shows.

I have seen ads for that. And my thought was oh joy, another eating show.
As is so often the case with those shows, they won't even give you the
recipes because that's the secret to the eatery's success. If you want to
try it, you have to go there. No cooking it for yourself.

Paul

N.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

Yes, Food Network has gone downhill. I've been thinking this for ages.

- Ina and her ridonk "Ask Ina" segments. Remember when BC was about rich
white folks entertaining and eating awesome food? Back when Ina just did
what she wanted to do and didn't pander to the editing monkeys with her
faked taste-gasms and flustered laughter?? I do and it really ****es me
off that BC has turned into "Let's Talk Down To The Viewers and Answer
Non-Sensical Questions For No One In Particular"?

- Paula and over the topness. Paula has always been an annoying
down-home trainwreck personality-wise. However, I used to enjoy watching
her show because it reminded me of cooking with my grandma when I was a
kid. Lots of delicious comfort food, lots of laughter (my grandma didn't
have a scary laugh like Paula)...Looking back, that episode where she
made the heart-attack sandwich using doughnut buns was the real turning
point for me. That wasn't cooking as much as it was attention-whoring
and I don't care if you're a southern fried home chef, no one in their
right freaking mind is going to use doughnuts as a substitute for buns
on a sandwich. And who could forgive the travesty that was the butter
sculpture? The heights of idiocy have been reached, folks, and there is
no turning back.

- TNFS? Ok. TNIC? Ok. ICA? Great, I love it. Chopped? Surprisingly good,
but going stale after two seasons. All of the other competition shows?
Who gives a rat's foot? Not I. I despise the challenges and I loathed
The Last Cake Standing. Best in Smoke? Seriously, who cares? Cupcake
Wars? Gah, words can't express my disdain for that epic disaster of a
show...Bobby Flay's Throwdown? I like seeing Bobby getting knocked off
his high horse as much as the next person, but seeing it week after week
kind of ruins the fun for me.

- Actual cooking shows... Giada has never been appealing to me and even
less so in the later seasons. Rach? Lost her touch after netting her own
talk show. Down Home with the Neelys...rarely bearable. Melissa? Never
watched her show and probably never will. Guy's Big Bite? Why
bother...no one watches it because DDD is the star attraction. Alton?
His show got canned, which is a shame. Good Eats was always my fave show
but now that he has lost weight and is a big-time host of ICA, he
doesn't need his goofy little cooking show to get by, I guess. Anne? I
really like her show, but it seems to be playing second fiddle to all of
the dumbed down "add a can of X to the pot of Y and stir" type shit that
has replaced all of the actual cooking shows on FN (I'm looking at you,
Sandra Lee!).

- Now we have Hungry Girl. What a crock of a show. She is even worse
than Sandra Lee. Very little cooking...mostly food assembly and pithy
weight loss advice from the 80s mixed with product promotions. Gah. FN,
if this is the direction you're headed in, count me out of your future
viewing populace.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 May 2011 19:38:05 -0500, "Herron"
> [...]

> bother...no one watches it because DDD is the star attraction. Alton?
> His show got canned, which is a shame. Good Eats was always my fave show
> but now that he has lost weight and is a big-time host of ICA, he
> doesn't need his goofy little cooking show to get by, I guess. Anne? I
> really like her show, but it seems to be playing second fiddle to all of
> the dumbed down "add a can of X to the pot of Y and stir" type shit that
> has replaced all of the actual cooking shows on FN (I'm looking at you,
> Sandra Lee!).
>
> - Now we have Hungry Girl. What a crock of a show. She is even worse
> than Sandra Lee. Very little cooking...mostly food assembly and pithy
> weight loss advice from the 80s mixed with product promotions. Gah. FN,
> if this is the direction you're headed in, count me out of your future

I used to read about how wonderful FN was back when my city wasn't
wired for cable, so I glommed onto FN ASAP and was completely
surprised by how pedestrian it really was. I was looking for more.
Of course as soon as I could see that whatever it was I read here was
not so great (IMO), the talk started going to how wonderful everything
on FN was to how bad FN was "now". Bulloney. It doesn't suddenly
turn from good to bad in a matter of months.

As a matter of fact, I liked Barefoot Contessa then and still do
today. Didn't like Giadia at first but she grew on me and I like her
show now. Never did like Alton Brown. I tolerated him at first, but
he just got sillier and sillier. Love, love, love Anne Burrell and
Guy Fierri when he's doing his demonstration cooking show, not DDD and
all the other dreck. RR as a personality and sayer of made up words
has always appealed to me. Her on air recipes often appeal to me, but
I can't buy her books or Ina Gartens either for that matter... because
they just don't translate into print very well. I need to see their
recipes demonstrated first and *then* I will get a copy of it from the
FN site. Reading their recipes in a book without seeing it made first
on TV doesn't work for me.

Hungry Girl, ugh. 5 Ingredient Fix, YES. Melissa D'Arabian was good
on the competition show, but I think the guy she beat should have
won... don't watch or even particularly like her show. I do like
Brian Boitano a lot but they have him on at such a weird hour now that
I don't catch the show anymore.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On May 8, 1:33*pm, wrote:
> On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:41:53 -0500, (Ubiquitous)
> wrote:
>
> >Really, Food Network?

> Food Network started heading downhill years ago when they cancelled
> Ready, Set, Cook, accelerated their decline with the American Iron
> Chef, and bottomed out about two years ago. They have nothing that
> we'll watch any more.
>
> The Cooking Channel has picked up some overlooked actual cooking
> content, but they'll undoubtedly follow the same route. *8;(
>
> -- Larry

I think one of the best shows Food Network had was "Cooking Live" with
Sara Moulton.
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2011 12:04:16 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

> I think one of the best shows Food Network had was "Cooking Live" with
> Sara Moulton.

Is that what it was called? I liked her show. Didn't someone say she
was coming back to the Food Network?

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv

On Mon, 30 May 2011 20:28:39 GMT, "l, not -l" > wrote:

> On 30-May-2011, sf > wrote:
>
> > Is that what it was called? I liked her show. Didn't someone say she
> > was coming back to the Food Network?

> I don't know about that; but, one of her shows is in reruns on the Cooking
> Channel.

Okay, I've seen that. Thanks.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On May 8, 10:33*am, wrote:
> On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:41:53 -0500, (Ubiquitous)
> wrote:
>
> >Really, Food Network?

> Food Network started heading downhill years ago when they cancelled
> Ready, Set, Cook, accelerated their decline with the American Iron
> Chef, and bottomed out about two years ago. They have nothing that
> we'll watch any more.
>
> The Cooking Channel has picked up some overlooked actual cooking
> content, but they'll undoubtedly follow the same route. *8;(
>
> -- Larry

I thought they basically lost it when they got rid of Sara Moulton's
show. My favorite cooking shows are on PBS. I haven't watched Food
Network in years.

-goro-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goro > wrote:
> On May 8, 10:33 am, wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 May 2011 10:41:53 -0500, (Ubiquitous)
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Really, Food Network?

>> Food Network started heading downhill years ago when they cancelled
>> Ready, Set, Cook, accelerated their decline with the American Iron
>> Chef, and bottomed out about two years ago. They have nothing that
>> we'll watch any more.
>>
>> The Cooking Channel has picked up some overlooked actual cooking
>> content, but they'll undoubtedly follow the same route. 8;(
>>
>> -- Larry

> I thought they basically lost it when they got rid of Sara Moulton's
> show. My favorite cooking shows are on PBS. I haven't watched Food
> Network in years.
>
> -goro-

I agree... Even Alton Brown seems barely noticeable. PBS is a my favorite.
I am finding entertainment on iTunes that seems to have independent cooking
shows from colleges and universities for free. TV is becoming a dinosaur
and the Internet may be the future for entertainment and knowledge.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:14:34 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> I am finding entertainment on iTunes that seems to have independent cooking
> shows from colleges and universities for free.

Are the recipes from the shows archived online too?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:14:34 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> > wrote:
>
>> I am finding entertainment on iTunes that seems to have independent cooking
>> shows from colleges and universities for free.

> Are the recipes from the shows archived online too?

Some do, some do not. Some have a college based text book to go with the
lessons. But you will have to read the information before downloading and
see if they have a web site as a guide. Some are sorta like YouTube with
short show on how to make something.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv

l, not -l wrote:

> On 30-May-2011, " > wrote:
>
>> I think one of the best shows Food Network had was "Cooking Live"
>> with Sara Moulton.

> My all-time favorite Food Network shows are Good Eats; Cooking Live
> with Sara Moulton; Ready, Set, Cook with Sissy Biggers and Gordon
> Elliott's Door Knock Dinners.

I liked Taste with David Rosengarten.

> Now that Good Eats has ended production, there is nothing on Foot
> Network that I care to watch.

I agree.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv

In article >,
Nick > wrote:

> l, not -l wrote:
>

> > On 30-May-2011, " > wrote:
> >
> >> I think one of the best shows Food Network had was "Cooking Live"
> >> with Sara Moulton.

> > My all-time favorite Food Network shows are Good Eats; Cooking Live
> > with Sara Moulton; Ready, Set, Cook with Sissy Biggers and Gordon
> > Elliott's Door Knock Dinners.

> I liked Taste with David Rosengarten.

Yep. I even bought his Prime Ribs episode on VHS.

> > Now that Good Eats has ended production, there is nothing on Foot
> > Network that I care to watch.

> I agree.

The original How To Boil Water was excellent, and certainly worth
rerunning.

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking,rec.arts.tv

> > > Now that Good Eats has ended production, there is nothing on Foot
> > > Network that I care to watch.

> > I agree.

> The original How To Boil Water was excellent, and certainly worth
> rerunning.
>
> --
> "Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
> Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Well, their new "Food Network Star" series begins next week, I think.
I notice they have left off "Next" from the title - maybe that means
they aren't guaranteeing a show. I don't think any of their choices
have been spectacular successes.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ellorysgirl wrote:

> Well, their new "Food Network Star" series begins next week, I think.
> I notice they have left off "Next" from the title - maybe that means
> they aren't guaranteeing a show. I don't think any of their choices
> have been spectacular successes.

My Tivo scheduled it automatically so the show does list with the exact
same name as previous seasons.

Guy Fieri is the big success from the show. We liked Aarti Party from
last year. The top two from the year before are still to be seen on
occasional shows with Adam G being in more than Big Daddy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 08:55:08 -0700 (PDT), Ellorysgirl
> wrote:

> Well, their new "Food Network Star" series begins next week, I think.
> I notice they have left off "Next" from the title - maybe that means
> they aren't guaranteeing a show. I don't think any of their choices
> have been spectacular successes.

I thought Guy Fieri was from season two and I'd call him a success.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:41:20 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
> wrote:

> Ellorysgirl wrote:
> >
> > Well, their new "Food Network Star" series begins next week, I think.
> > I notice they have left off "Next" from the title - maybe that means
> > they aren't guaranteeing a show. I don't think any of their choices
> > have been spectacular successes.

> My Tivo scheduled it automatically so the show does list with the exact
> same name as previous seasons.
>
> Guy Fieri is the big success from the show. We liked Aarti Party from
> last year. The top two from the year before are still to be seen on
> occasional shows with Adam G being in more than Big Daddy.

I've only caught Big Daddy a couple of times because he's on at an odd
hour for me, but I like him a whole lot more than The Neelys. I
wonder why they get more (and better) time than he does?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Ellorysgirl wrote:
>>
>> Well, their new "Food Network Star" series begins next week, I think.
>> I notice they have left off "Next" from the title - maybe that means
>> they aren't guaranteeing a show. I don't think any of their choices
>> have been spectacular successes.

> Guy Fieri is the big success from the show. We liked Aarti Party from
> last year. The top two from the year before are still to be seen on
> occasional shows with Adam G being in more than Big Daddy.

The year before was "Blonde Mom" (Melissa d'Arabian). Her show is still
going on Saturdays, I believe.

Brian
--
Day 847 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Current music playing: None.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/2/2011 6:30 AM, Nick wrote:
> l, not -l wrote:
>

>> On 30-May-2011, > wrote:
>>

> I liked Taste with David Rosengarten.
>
>> Now that Good Eats has ended production, there is nothing on Foot
>> Network that I care to watch.

> I agree.

Ditto. D.R. was a class act and so is Alton Brown.

gloria p
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On Monday, April 24, 2006 12:19:29 PM UTC-4, Phillip wrote:

>I have some comments about the Food Network that I'd like to share. I
>would just like to say that I've been watching Food Network for many,
>many years now along with family and friends. Lately we've all been in
>agreement that Food Network has really been lacking the diversity of shows
>it has. Also, some of the personalities that have their own shows really
>irritate me. For instance, I like Rachel Ray. She's a good chef, but do
>we really need to see her 6 times a day? And Ina Garten. That woman has
>no personality at all! My wife and I could fall asleep watching her show.
>Why doesn't Food Network consider removing some of these repetitive
>programs, and removing very "blah" hosts and replacing it with some fresh
>blood? For instance, I would love to see a show on Food Network that
>focuses on Asian cuisine. I think that's a very huge segment that could be
>tapped into. There just needs to be more diversity on this network in my
>opinion.

Has the Food Network gone downhill? Not sure there is a mountain big enough
to describe this fall. What a bunch of egomaniac clowns! I cant say enough
horrible things about this network. There are only a few shows that I still
enjoy watching, but the BS competitions and games are imo...ridiculous. The
cupcakes and sweets showcased throughout the holidays were beyond gross. I
think I'm down to Giada, Ina and Ton of Butter in Savannah (only because I
like seeing her home and making fun of her sons). Never could stand Sandra
Ho Made from day one. What a phoney! Surely there are enough qualifed people
to intoduce some new quality programming. I do not appreciate Cindy Crawford
pimping her crap in the morning. How lazy and cheap can they be?