Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
No Name

Default Food Network - 20 years of changing food culture

I saw the 20 year retrospective--kind of interesting (no surprise how
much better much of the programming was).I didn't see all the
retrospective but wondered if they would include Paula Dean (I don't like
her, but definitely, they should). I didn't see the end--maybe someone
else knows if she was in it or not. (For old timers who aren't with FN
any more, it was a mostly lot of Sara Moulton and Emeril.

I always thought too much was made of Giada having a "bad attitude" when
she and Bobby lost ICA to Mario and Rachel Ray.

I was wrong. Wow, what a spoiled, petulant little bitch! The
retrospective interviewed Giada and Bobby about it (separately) and she
made it clear that she behaved horribly ("I'm not proud of it") and
blamed Bobby ("I didn't talk to him for about 6 months". Bobby:
"Because, of course, it was all MY fault...")

She went on to say it feels horrible when people come up "still!" and say
"How did it feel to lose to Rachel Ray??" And Giada, really po'd (still!)
makes it clear that "it wasn't just Rachel Ray. It was Mario and (of
course there was Bobby Flay on her team).

I had no idea she was so competitive -- and so completely ungracious
about what should have been a friendly fun competition (and I remember
she was no great shakes doing her part, so hard to believe she "blamed"
Bobby for the loss!)

I see there's another TG battle tonight--"reigning champs" Flay and Symon
v. Zakarian and ?? (probably Guarnaschelli, another bad sport)