Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rediscovering my Moulinex cheese grater

It has languished in a bottom drawer for months, as I used it in only
to grate hard Parmesan in batches. I tried it the other day for
mozzarella, and tonight for cheddar, and lo and behold, it does a good
job. That is, if you want a fine shred. But it was ten times faster
than the plane grater and no skinned knuckles either. Not that much
of a pain to wash. It's moving to a higher drawer.

Any other good applications for the Mouli?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> It has languished in a bottom drawer for months, as I used it in only
> to grate hard Parmesan in batches. I tried it the other day for
> mozzarella, and tonight for cheddar, and lo and behold, it does a good
> job. That is, if you want a fine shred. But it was ten times faster
> than the plane grater and no skinned knuckles either. Not that much
> of a pain to wash. It's moving to a higher drawer.
>
> Any other good applications for the Mouli?

I used to use mine for chocolate when I made chocolate tweed cake. It's
basically a rich yellow cake with chocolate grated in. I can't remember now
if the chocolate was unsweetened or semi sweet. But in those days I used
Bakers.