Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gravellona cheese grater?

Anyone use one of these?

http://www.cooking-center.com/c/Chee...B000CBRYAG.htm

There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the Italians should be
making one that works well on their cheeses. Most of the others are made in
China.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Anyone use one of these?
>
> http://www.cooking-center.com/c/Chee...ter_B000CBRYAG
> .htm
>
> There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the Italians should be
> making one that works well on their cheeses. Most of the others are made in
> China.

How handy is your Kitchen Aid mixer, Ed? The shredder-grater
attachment worked great on cheese, as I recall. Was great for grating
chocolate for melting, too.
http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/produc...A&HDR=attachme
nts

or

http://tinyurl.com/25frgg
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:38:56 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>Anyone use one of these?
>
>http://www.cooking-center.com/c/Chee...B000CBRYAG.htm
>
>There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the Italians should be
>making one that works well on their cheeses. Most of the others are made in
>China.

Try this place http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I wanted a
rotary grater.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote on Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:02:01 -0700:

??>> Anyone use one of these?
??>>
??>>
http://www.cooking-center.com/c/Chee...B000CBRYAG.htm
??>>
??>> There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the
??>> Italians should be making one that works well on their
??>> cheeses. Most of the others are made in China.
??>>
s> Try this place
http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
s> costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I
s> wanted a rotary grater.

It is also a really impressive sale: $2 on an $80 item!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:24:05 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> s> Try this place
>http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
> s> costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I
> s> wanted a rotary grater.
>
>It is also a really impressive sale: $2 on an $80 item!

I have no idea what you're talking about.
The grater that matched his was

Price: $17.95
Sale Price: $14.00
Savings: $3.95

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the
> Italians should be making one that works well on their cheeses.
> Most of the others are made in China.

And here I was thinking you were going to talk
about one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girolle

I saw one demonstrated on a cooking show.
It looked interesting, but I haven't got
much use for such a specialized tool.

If I gave lots of parties and wanted a
fancy presentation, that would be another
story.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> How handy is your Kitchen Aid mixer, Ed? The shredder-grater
> attachment worked great on cheese, as I recall. Was great for grating
> chocolate for melting, too.
> http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/produc...A&HDR=attachme
> nts
>
> or
>
> http://tinyurl.com/25frgg

Yes, but it is hard passing the mixer around at the table

We have the attachment and it is great for doing a large batch, but not for
individual servings. One thought though, is to just leave it set up with the
grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out after a sue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote on Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:38:04 -0700:

s>>> Try this place
??>> http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
s>>> costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I
s>>> wanted a rotary grater.
??>>
??>> It is also a really impressive sale: $2 on an $80 item!

s> I have no idea what you're talking about.
s> The grater that matched his was

s> Price: $17.95
s> Sale Price: $14.00
s> Savings: $3.95

So!

A slow reader aren't you? :-) Item ca431, lower left first
screen!

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:38:56 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone use one of these?
>>
>>http://www.cooking-center.com/c/Chee...B000CBRYAG.htm
>>
>>There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the Italians should
>>be
>>making one that works well on their cheeses. Most of the others are made
>>in
>>China.
>>

> Try this place http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
> costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I wanted a
> rotary grater.

Thanks, that is a good link with a variety of models. The Poco near the top
looks like a sturdy one, but it is out of stock. I think I'll check it out
though

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:22:04 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:38:56 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone use one of these?
>>>
>>>http://www.cooking-center.com/c/Chee...B000CBRYAG.htm
>>>
>>>There are many rotary cheese graters but I'm thinking the Italians should
>>>be
>>>making one that works well on their cheeses. Most of the others are made
>>>in
>>>China.
>>>

>> Try this place http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
>> costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I wanted a
>> rotary grater.

>Thanks, that is a good link with a variety of models. The Poco near the top
>looks like a sturdy one, but it is out of stock. I think I'll check it out
>though

You're welcome.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:40:20 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> sf wrote on Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:38:04 -0700:
>
> s>>> Try this place
> ??>> http://www.kasbahouse.com/grindersandgraters.asp it
> s>>> costs less. Personally, I'd use one of the others if I
> s>>> wanted a rotary grater.
> ??>>
> ??>> It is also a really impressive sale: $2 on an $80 item!
>
> s> I have no idea what you're talking about.
> s> The grater that matched his was
>
> s> Price: $17.95
> s> Sale Price: $14.00
> s> Savings: $3.95
>
>So!
>
>A slow reader aren't you? :-) Item ca431, lower left first
>screen!

OK. Scripts are turned off, so I'm not seeing what you must be
seeing.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:18:34 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>We have the attachment and it is great for doing a large batch, but not for
>individual servings. One thought though, is to just leave it set up with the
>grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out after a sue.

Why don't you just grate some and put it in a bowl to serve? That way
you won't have to buy another gadget.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:58:22 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 13:33:40 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> OK. Scripts are turned off, so I'm not seeing what you must be
>> seeing.

>There is no such item at that link.

Thank you.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> >
> > How handy is your Kitchen Aid mixer, Ed? The shredder-grater
> > attachment worked great on cheese, as I recall. Was great for grating
> > chocolate for melting, too.
> > http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/produc...A&HDR=attachme
> > nts
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/25frgg

> Yes, but it is hard passing the mixer around at the table

Well, there's that.

> We have the attachment and it is great for doing a large batch, but not for
> individual servings. One thought though, is to just leave it set up with the
> grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out after a sue.

Ah. Grating for the individual never crossed my mind. Whoops.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Notes about our meals in Tuscany have been posted to
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com; 10-16-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> One thought though, is to just leave it set up with the
> grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out after a sue.

Now don't be hasty, Ed. Count to ten before you do anything. It's
probably not necessary to sue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> We have the attachment and it is great for doing a large batch, but
> not for individual servings. One thought though, is to just leave it
> set up with the grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out
> after a sue.

A sue?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote

> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>> We have the attachment and it is great for doing a large batch, but
>> not for individual servings. One thought though, is to just leave it
>> set up with the grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out
>> after a sue.

> A sue?

I think he means use. I could be wrong.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote
>
>> Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
>>> We have the attachment and it is great for doing a large batch, but
>>> not for individual servings. One thought though, is to just leave it
>>> set up with the grater all the time. Not a big deal to brush it out
>>> after a sue.

>> A sue?

> I think he means use. I could be wrong.

Ok thanks)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> A sue?

>> I think he means use. I could be wrong.

> Ok thanks)

Yes, who knew you can use the same letters to make different words.