Old 17-12-2010, 09:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default *What* a couple of days!!

*HUGE* storms hit Brisbane and surrounds and created havoc all over. Trees
down, houses damaged, car crashes, flooding, rooves missing, power
cut...... that was the worst part. Power was out for a good 24 hours, so
emergency services kicked in, generators came out, oldies on machines
transported to facilities with power..... and *still* the rain came down.

And then it stopped...... and the sun came out........ and it was *bloody*
muggy!!

Luckily the power kicked back in mid morning yesterday, just as I was
starting to get dinner prepared for friends we had invited over.

It was a bit of a rush, but I managed to get the original dinner plan out
to them, with the secondary plan (salad) just waiting in the fridge in
case we had another blackout.

The main was spit roasted chicken (which was going to be cooked power or
no), with roasted potatos, carrots, and pumpkin, and steamed beans,
broccoli and cauliflower.

With a rich mushroom sauce gravy.

Dessert was my High Apple Pie, with Crème Chantilly.

Pics in the next thread, as soon as I get them up on Photobucket.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
"Man, that was f******n Awesome!"

Old 18-12-2010, 01:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Captain Peter Swallows wrote:

*HUGE* storms hit Brisbane and surrounds and created havoc all over.

snip gushing
--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

Not so much in Tasmania, though.

Bob

Old 18-12-2010, 09:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Aussie wrote:

Pics in the next thread, as soon as I get them up on Photobucket.

It all sounds good... but I'll have to forward the link via e-mail so I
can look at it on the laptop. Photobucket will no longer run on this
computer. :-( Neither will anything on Picasa except for the
thumbnails. :-( Looks like I'll have to learn to use T-bird sooner than
I thought. Gods I hate that program!

I'm used to the ease of use of MT newswatcher. Wish they made it for
PC's! sigh

Doesn't sound like MT NW is the issue. Your headers show you are
running Mac OSX. Can you update your browser to something that will run
Photobucket and Picasa? Or is it yet another issue?

I've been using Newswatcher a really long time (even before the MT
(Multi Threaded) version). I have trouble imagining giving it up.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 18-12-2010, 09:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:00:14 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
Aussie wrote:

Pics in the next thread, as soon as I get them up on Photobucket.

It all sounds good... but I'll have to forward the link via e-mail so I
can look at it on the laptop. Photobucket will no longer run on this
computer. :-( Neither will anything on Picasa except for the
thumbnails. :-( Looks like I'll have to learn to use T-bird sooner than
I thought. Gods I hate that program!

I'm used to the ease of use of MT newswatcher. Wish they made it for
PC's! sigh

Doesn't sound like MT NW is the issue. Your headers show you are
running Mac OSX. Can you update your browser to something that will run
Photobucket and Picasa? Or is it yet another issue?

I've been using Newswatcher a really long time (even before the MT
(Multi Threaded) version). I have trouble imagining giving it up.

Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 18-12-2010, 10:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:

Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

-sw

Old 18-12-2010, 10:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 18, 4:22*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. *It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

-sw

--Bryan
Old 18-12-2010, 10:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote in
news
In article ,
Aussie wrote:

It all sounds good... but I'll have to forward the link via e-mail so I
can look at it on the laptop.

Drop me an email with your (landline) phone number, and I'll give you a call
for Christmas :-)

I've just moved onto a new phone system that gives me free unlimited local,
national, mobile (only Australian), and o/s calls to 15 countries, which just
happens to include the US :-)

Which is good as I'm going to be doing a bit of shopping in the US very
shortly, and it'll be good to be able to talk to the businesses rather than
just email them.

http://www.engin.com.au/Voip/Voip.aspx

Old 18-12-2010, 11:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
Bryan wrote:

On Dec 18, 4:22*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. *It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

Well, actually, some of us are Mac users. We are in fact interested in
Mac versions. And the letter "X" is the Roman numeral for "10", so yes,
OS X is OS 10. That's the latest version of the operating system.

Is that picky enough for you? :-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 18-12-2010, 11:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:27:49 -0800 (PST), Bryan wrote:

On Dec 18, 4:22*pm, Sqwertz wrote:
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. *It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

It's a she, and the X stands for 10. And OS X ver 10.6 was
released about the same time as Windows 7. It it the second most
popular OS in the world currently in use today and it's market
share it on the rise.

-sw
Old 19-12-2010, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

It's a she, and the X stands for 10. And OS X ver 10.6 was
released about the same time as Windows 7. It it the second most
popular OS in the world currently in use today and it's market
share it on the rise.

Wait... you mean it *can* run Firefox? How about that.

Bob

Old 19-12-2010, 01:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:07:08 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:

Steve wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

It's a she, and the X stands for 10. And OS X ver 10.6 was
released about the same time as Windows 7. It it the second most
popular OS in the world currently in use today and it's market
share it on the rise.

Wait... you mean it *can* run Firefox? How about that.

You and your pal Stevie the Wonder Boy are talking through your tiny
little hats. OSX from 1999 can not run FF, not even with two extra
squirrels. If you'd care to get a little more updated and call it
what it is today: Snow Leopard, then you'd be correct.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

It's a she, and the X stands for 10. And OS X ver 10.6 was
released about the same time as Windows 7. It it the second most
popular OS in the world currently in use today and it's market
share it on the rise.

Wait... you mean it *can* run Firefox? How about that.

You and your pal Stevie the Wonder Boy are talking through your tiny
little hats. OSX from 1999 can not run FF, not even with two extra
squirrels. If you'd care to get a little more updated and call it
what it is today: Snow Leopard, then you'd be correct.

*shrug*

I couldn't care less about Mac OS versions.

Bob

Old 19-12-2010, 03:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" wrote:
sf wrote:

[...]

An old saying, "those that have not tasted meat, do not desire meat".
I understand why you could not care less and that is ok.

Old 19-12-2010, 04:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Steve wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:51:15 -0800, sf wrote:
Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even run Firefox,
it's *that* old.

Clueless Alerts just went off all over the world.

I just assumed he meant OS X 10 or something. Some of you are more
picky about computer terminology than cooking ingredients.

It's a she, and the X stands for 10. And OS X ver 10.6 was
released about the same time as Windows 7. It it the second most
popular OS in the world currently in use today and it's market
share it on the rise.

Wait... you mean it *can* run Firefox? How about that.

You and your pal Stevie the Wonder Boy are talking through your tiny
little hats. OSX from 1999 can not run FF, not even with two extra
squirrels. If you'd care to get a little more updated and call it
what it is today: Snow Leopard, then you'd be correct.

Who said anything about 1999? The products line is still named
"OS X". And it is still in it's 10th version. There is no
"OS XI."

You said, "Using OSX would be like me using Win3.1. It can't even
run Firefox", which is complete brain fart. And now rather than
just admitting it you're trying to backpedal like a weasel making a
fool of yourself (again).

ObFood: Pork butt roast with baked potatoes and brussels sprouts.
"Just Caramel" Milky Way for dessert.

-sw