Old 15-08-2010, 07:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nick's last couple of days

Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut curry
with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and other stuff,
seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. BG before dinner was 65. That
was so good that I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the way
through, I did. Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the trachea
is not a good thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing, it kept coming
up and burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in sheer exhaustion and
staggered to bed.

This morning's FBG was 73. By dinner time, it was down to 53! [Note to self
- start eating something during the day] I felt normal. My daughter gave me
a small bowl of pasta with a tomato and meat sauce, topped with grated
parmesan. One hour PP was 67. Two hour 85.

Maybe I need a slice of thin crust peperoni pizza?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Old 15-08-2010, 07:54 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut
curry
with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and other stuff,
seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. BG before dinner was 65.
That
was so good that I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the
way
through, I did. Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the
trachea
is not a good thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing, it kept
coming
up and burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in sheer exhaustion
and
staggered to bed.

How awful, I accidentally inhaled Wasabi a few days ago and it made me
"choke". Was over with quite quickly thank goodness, nothing like what
you experienced.

Old 15-08-2010, 08:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut
curry with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and other
stuff, seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. [] was so good that
I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the way through, I did.
Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the trachea is not a good
thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing, it kept coming up and
burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in sheer exhaustion and
staggered to bed.

How awful, I accidentally inhaled Wasabi a few days ago and it made me
"choke". Was over with quite quickly thank goodness, nothing like what
you experienced.

Glad it didn't last long. I likely wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

Old 16-08-2010, 05:29 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Ozgirl" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut
curry with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and
other stuff, seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. [] was so
good that I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the way
through, I did. Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the
trachea is not a good thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing,
it kept coming up and burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in
sheer exhaustion and staggered to bed.

How awful, I accidentally inhaled Wasabi a few days ago and it made me
"choke". Was over with quite quickly thank goodness, nothing like what
you experienced.

Glad it didn't last long. I likely wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

Sounds horrible. Glad you survived OK.

I had a similar, but not as severe, incident the first time I tried
grinding my dried bird's eye chilis from my garden in the electric
coffee grinder. The dust that escaped the grinder was invisible but
bloody effective in getting up my nose and down my throat.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I haven't been silly
enough to repeat it.

Sorry, Alan. Glad you survived, too. Jun often dry-wok-roasts those little
Thai bird's eye chiles. Even with all doors and windows open, it drives
everyone out of the house. except Jun!