Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nick's last couple of days

Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut curry
with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and other stuff,
seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. BG before dinner was 65. That
was so good that I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the way
through, I did. Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the trachea
is not a good thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing, it kept coming
up and burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in sheer exhaustion and
staggered to bed.

This morning's FBG was 73. By dinner time, it was down to 53! [Note to self
- start eating something during the day] I felt normal. My daughter gave me
a small bowl of pasta with a tomato and meat sauce, topped with grated
parmesan. One hour PP was 67. Two hour 85.

Maybe I need a slice of thin crust peperoni pizza?

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut
> curry
> with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and other stuff,
> seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. BG before dinner was 65.
> That
> was so good that I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the
> way
> through, I did. Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the
> trachea
> is not a good thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing, it kept
> coming
> up and burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in sheer exhaustion
> and
> staggered to bed.

How awful, I accidentally inhaled Wasabi a few days ago and it made me
"choke". Was over with quite quickly thank goodness, nothing like what
you experienced.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > Yesterday's FBG was 73. Last night, Jun made a spicy Thai coconut
> > curry with Thai squash, those little pea-sze Thai eggplants and other
> > stuff, seasoned with dried, powdered bitter melon. [] was so good that
> > I practically inhaled it! In fact, about 1/3 of the way through, I did.
> > Not enough to get pneumonia, but Capsaicin in the trachea is not a good
> > thing! Burned like Hell. As I kept coughing, it kept coming up and
> > burning again. Finally, I just collapsed in sheer exhaustion and
> > staggered to bed.

> How awful, I accidentally inhaled Wasabi a few days ago and it made me
> "choke". Was over with quite quickly thank goodness, nothing like what
> you experienced.

Glad it didn't last long. I likely wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:

> >> How awful, I accidentally inhaled Wasabi a few days ago and it made me
> >> "choke". Was over with quite quickly thank goodness, nothing like what
> >> you experienced.

> >Glad it didn't last long. I likely wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

> Sounds horrible. Glad you survived OK.
>
> I had a similar, but not as severe, incident the first time I tried
> grinding my dried bird's eye chilis from my garden in the electric
> coffee grinder. The dust that escaped the grinder was invisible but
> bloody effective in getting up my nose and down my throat.
>
> It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I haven't been silly
> enough to repeat it.

Sorry, Alan. Glad you survived, too. Jun often dry-wok-roasts those little
Thai bird's eye chiles. Even with all doors and windows open, it drives
everyone out of the house. except Jun!