Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Butterball turkey fryer informmercial

Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
infommercial. At first I thought it was just
nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
a turkey, especially indoors. You'd be inviting
lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
burned down.

But the so-called turkey is about the size of
an average chicken. This isn't really a dangerous
machine, because it's so small.

I'm surprised Butterball would lend their name
to this ridiculous device. It's like Nikon
allowing their name to be used on a disposable
cardboard-and-plastic camera.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:33:51 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:

> Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
> Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
> infommercial. At first I thought it was just
> nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
> a turkey, especially indoors. You'd be inviting
> lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
> burned down.
>
> But the so-called turkey is about the size of
> an average chicken. This isn't really a dangerous
> machine, because it's so small.
>
> I'm surprised Butterball would lend their name
> to this ridiculous device. It's like Nikon
> allowing their name to be used on a disposable
> cardboard-and-plastic camera.

I've never saw a 14-pound chicken. Are those from the Amazon or
from Hawaii?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...0000_325009000

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson > wrote in :

> Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
> Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
> infommercial. At first I thought it was just
> nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
> a turkey, especially indoors. You'd be inviting
> lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
> burned down.
>
> But the so-called turkey is about the size of
> an average chicken. This isn't really a dangerous
> machine, because it's so small.
>
> I'm surprised Butterball would lend their name
> to this ridiculous device. It's like Nikon
> allowing their name to be used on a disposable
> cardboard-and-plastic camera.

This one.........???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3xQmtFyz8

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson > wrote in :

> Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
> Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
> infommercial. At first I thought it was just
> nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
> a turkey, especially indoors. You'd be inviting
> lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
> burned down.
>
> But the so-called turkey is about the size of
> an average chicken. This isn't really a dangerous
> machine, because it's so small.
>
> I'm surprised Butterball would lend their name
> to this ridiculous device. It's like Nikon
> allowing their name to be used on a disposable
> cardboard-and-plastic camera.

I saw the benchtop model, then watched these......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kspx1oOP_fE&feature=fvw

greeeeeeeeeeeeeat!!

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 11:33*am, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
> Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
> infommercial. *At first I thought it was just
> nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
> a turkey, especially indoors. *You'd be inviting
> lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
> burned down.
>
> But the so-called turkey is about the size of
> an average chicken. *This isn't really a dangerous
> machine, because it's so small.

Costco has them. The box claims it can handle a 20 lb turkey.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:33:51 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
> > Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
> > Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
> > infommercial. At first I thought it was just
> > nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
> > a turkey, especially indoors. You'd be inviting
> > lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
> > burned down.
> >
> > But the so-called turkey is about the size of
> > an average chicken. This isn't really a dangerous
> > machine, because it's so small.
> >
> > I'm surprised Butterball would lend their name
> > to this ridiculous device. It's like Nikon
> > allowing their name to be used on a disposable
> > cardboard-and-plastic camera.

> I've never saw a 14-pound chicken. Are those from the Amazon or
> from Hawaii?
>
> http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...1_10001_102103
> 81_325009003_325000000_325009000

I'm sure these are perfectly safe. Don't they use food grade propane?

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:22:31 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:33:51 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>
>>> Seen the informmercial for this deep fryer yet?
>>> Note the size of the so-called turkey in this
>>> infommercial. At first I thought it was just
>>> nuts to be marketing a device for deep frying
>>> a turkey, especially indoors. You'd be inviting
>>> lawsuits from all the people whose houses you
>>> burned down.
>>>
>>> But the so-called turkey is about the size of
>>> an average chicken. This isn't really a dangerous
>>> machine, because it's so small.
>>>
>>> I'm surprised Butterball would lend their name
>>> to this ridiculous device. It's like Nikon
>>> allowing their name to be used on a disposable
>>> cardboard-and-plastic camera.

>> I've never saw a 14-pound chicken. Are those from the Amazon or
>> from Hawaii?
>>
>> http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...1_10001_102103
>> 81_325009003_325000000_325009000

> I'm sure these are perfectly safe. Don't they use food grade propane?

Why fry when you can just blow torch the turkey with the new
Butterball Food Grade Propane Torch? Works on turkeys up to 28
pounds. Works on other kinds of "turkeys" too.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> > The Masterbuilt Butterball fryers are electric.

I knew that. It was a joke. Note the smiley.

> You both are out of touch. "Food Grade Propane" is the last major
> argument Mark had with member of RFC who died shortly thereafter.

I've heard of "killer arguments", but this is ridiculous!

:-)

> Mark was clearly in the wrong for insisting that such a product
> existed ad was used regularly, but refused to admit it.

I believe that this product does in fact exist. I don't remember
whether it is used regularly. The point was that you don't burn it, it
is an ingredient in producing some weird kind of food product.

> Now it's a running joke for practically anything he posts

Which is why I stuck it in. I just couldn't resist, even though I knew
this thing was electric.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in
:

>> > The Masterbuilt Butterball fryers are electric.

> I knew that. It was a joke. Note the smiley.

Oh dear........ seems spurtz has lost its cognitive function in that last
beating it took.

>> You both are out of touch. "Food Grade Propane" is the last major
>> argument Mark had with member of RFC who died shortly thereafter.

> I've heard of "killer arguments", but this is ridiculous!
>
>:-)

http://www.allbusiness.com/manufactu.../621284-1.html

"Finton reports that food grade propane is GRAS (generally recognized as
safe) by the FDA. The gas does not leave residue and is easy to remove
from food and recycle."

>> Mark was clearly in the wrong for insisting that such a product
>> existed ad was used regularly,

Oh dear...... another "Oops" moment for the (x)spurt.

X is an unknown quantity, and 'spurt' is a drip under pressure.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 05:24:56 GMT, Aussie wrote:

> Dan Abel > wrote in
> :

>> I knew that. It was a joke. Note the smiley.

> Oh dear........ seems spurtz has lost its cognitive function in that last
> beating it took.
>

>>> You both are out of touch. "Food Grade Propane" is the last major
>>> argument Mark had with member of RFC who died shortly thereafter.

>> I've heard of "killer arguments", but this is ridiculous!
>>
>>:-)

> http://www.allbusiness.com/manufactu.../621284-1.html
>
> "Finton reports that food grade propane is GRAS (generally recognized as
> safe) by the FDA. The gas does not leave residue and is easy to remove
> from food and recycle."

As usual, you stilldon't have a clue what's going on. The
conversation was about burning it an oven or grill. Not using it
as an additive for food.

How many time would you like to smear that egg all over your face
for being a putz? Lets not forget that foodbanter thread and the
dead Indian children you (and Om) are clueless about as well.

Dude, you'll never show me up.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 21:01:00 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Mark was clearly in the wrong for insisting that such a product
>> existed ad was used regularly, but refused to admit it.

> I believe that this product does in fact exist. I don't remember
> whether it is used regularly. The point was that you don't burn it, it
> is an ingredient in producing some weird kind of food product.

Yes, you are right. Th conversation was about weather it was used
in the home or restaurant, in the oven or grill. Not as a food
additive. But no, it does not exist in the home or retail setting.

I wonder where Mark went again? I guess he's scouring the earth
for a 6-lb turkey fryer.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> You both are out of touch. "Food Grade Propane" is the last major
> argument Mark had with member of RFC who died shortly thereafter.
> Mark was clearly in the wrong for insisting that such a product
> existed ad was used regularly, but refused to admit it.

On the contrary, I proved it existsj with citations
to the USDA, Cargill, etc.

It was Bob's defense, after I totally discredited his
original assertion that it did not exist, that you
couldn't buy it. That was his weasel backup position.
I never said it was easy to buy, just that it does
exist and any other fuel gas should not be applied
directly to food because of the contaminants it contains.

Butterball turkey bacon Mr.E General Cooking 2 24-06-2013 06:03 AM
I saw the Butterball Turkey Fryer Commercial Sqwertz[_25_] General Cooking 9 28-11-2010 06:14 PM
Boneless Butterball turkey rolls Roy[_2_] General Cooking 18 06-10-2010 09:09 AM
turkey fryer StocksRus® Barbecue 17 27-08-2004 06:54 AM
Turkey Fryer Aria Barbecue 9 18-11-2003 11:54 PM