Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Butterball turkey bacon

Tried frying some of the Butterball Turkey Bacon. I was pleasantly
surprised at the good taste but found it to be pretty tough. My
attempt at a BLT pulled most of the slices out of the sandwich and it
took quite a bit of force to tear them.
Does this seem to be typical of turkey bacon or is another brand
better? Some slices were cooked a bit limp and some were at burning.
No difference noted.
Thanks!
--
Mr.E
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr.E" > wrote in message
> Tried frying some of the Butterball Turkey Bacon. I was pleasantly
> surprised at the good taste but found it to be pretty tough. My
> attempt at a BLT pulled most of the slices out of the sandwich and it
> took quite a bit of force to tear them.
> Does this seem to be typical of turkey bacon or is another brand
> better? Some slices were cooked a bit limp and some were at burning.
> No difference noted.
> Thanks!

Typical of turkey bacon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr.E > wrote:
> Tried frying some of the Butterball Turkey Bacon. I was pleasantly
> surprised at the good taste but found it to be pretty tough. My
> attempt at a BLT pulled most of the slices out of the sandwich and it
> took quite a bit of force to tear them.
> Does this seem to be typical of turkey bacon or is another brand
> better? Some slices were cooked a bit limp and some were at burning.
> No difference noted.
> Thanks!

I would suggest you mop them when done. Helps crisp.

Greg