Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Trader Joe's "100% Hawaiian Coffee"

They had a big endcap display of this product today. Presuming that is
what they had brewed and put into airpots -- I tried a cuppette, with
and without cream -- I decided to buy a can. But why didn't they
describe it as "Kona"? They were very mysterious about the exact
source of the coffee.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:54:32 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>They had a big endcap display of this product today. Presuming that is
>what they had brewed and put into airpots -- I tried a cuppette, with
>and without cream -- I decided to buy a can. But why didn't they
>describe it as "Kona"? They were very mysterious about the exact
>source of the coffee.

100% Hawaiian does not mean 100% Kona and may I remind - Kona has been
Great for 182 years(!), whereas other Hawaiian coffees are new.

That's the reasoning.

Thanks for your mentioning the mysteriousness

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:

> They had a big endcap display of this product today. Presuming that is
> what they had brewed and put into airpots -- I tried a cuppette, with
> and without cream -- I decided to buy a can. But why didn't they
> describe it as "Kona"? They were very mysterious about the exact
> source of the coffee.

It might be from Kauai. They've been producing
somewhat okay coffee on Kauai for a few years.
If you want Kona, buy Kona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 9:54*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> They had a big endcap display of this product today. Presuming that is
> what they had brewed and put into airpots -- I tried a cuppette, with
> and without cream -- I decided to buy a can. But why didn't they
> describe it as "Kona"? They were very mysterious about the exact
> source of the coffee.

Traitor Joe's stuff sucks! At least their dish soap does!! Thick like
you'd think it would just take a little to work up some good suds and
cut the grease. But NOOOO! You gotta use a couple of big squirts!!

My housemate bought it, and I told him it really sucks. And he said
"Well, that what they had". :-(

I'll be buying the dish soap from now on.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 1:08*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Oct 15, 9:54*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>
> > They had a big endcap display of this product today. Presuming that is
> > what they had brewed and put into airpots -- I tried a cuppette, with
> > and without cream -- I decided to buy a can. But why didn't they
> > describe it as "Kona"? They were very mysterious about the exact
> > source of the coffee.

> Traitor Joe's stuff sucks! At least their dish soap does!! Thick like
> you'd think it would just take a little to work up some good suds and
> cut the grease. But NOOOO! You gotta use a couple of big squirts!!
>
> My housemate bought it, and I told him it really sucks. And he said
> "Well, that what they had". :-(
>
> I'll be buying the dish soap from now on.

Dawn is the only dish soap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
spamtrap1888 > wrote:

> On Oct 16, 1:08*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:

> > Traitor Joe's stuff sucks! At least their dish soap does!! Thick like
> > you'd think it would just take a little to work up some good suds and
> > cut the grease. But NOOOO! You gotta use a couple of big squirts!!
> >
> > My housemate bought it, and I told him it really sucks. And he said
> > "Well, that what they had". :-(
> >
> > I'll be buying the dish soap from now on.
> >

> Dawn is the only dish soap.

The physical characteristics of liquid soap don't seem to have much to
do with how much it takes, or how well it cleans.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 4:59*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> > On Oct 16, 1:08*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> > > Traitor Joe's stuff sucks! At least their dish soap does!! Thick like
> > > you'd think it would just take a little to work up some good suds and
> > > cut the grease. But NOOOO! You gotta use a couple of big squirts!!

> > > My housemate bought it, and I told him it really sucks. And he said
> > > "Well, that what they had". :-(

> > > I'll be buying the dish soap from now on.

> > Dawn is the only dish soap.

> The physical characteristics of liquid soap don't seem to have much to
> do with how much it takes, or how well it cleans.

I know that, it's the surfactant content. But normally that means a
very viscous dish soap.

I just wonder what cheap viscous substance Traitor Joe's puts in their
dish soap to fake ignorant people into thinking it's a quality
product.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:08:00 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>Traitor Joe's stuff sucks! At least their dish soap does!!

Ah, the low-IQ bunch is back.

-- Larry