Posted to rec.food.cooking
pure kona pure kona is offline

Default Trader Joe's "100% Hawaiian Coffee"

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 19:54:32 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>They had a big endcap display of this product today. Presuming that is
>what they had brewed and put into airpots -- I tried a cuppette, with
>and without cream -- I decided to buy a can. But why didn't they
>describe it as "Kona"? They were very mysterious about the exact
>source of the coffee.

100% Hawaiian does not mean 100% Kona and may I remind - Kona has been
Great for 182 years(!), whereas other Hawaiian coffees are new.

That's the reasoning.

Thanks for your mentioning the mysteriousness

aloha,
Cea