Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default New name for HFCS = "corn sugar"

Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
its name to make it more politically correct(?).

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 15, 1:34*pm, Sky > wrote:
> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". *I
> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
> couple to cite. *It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
> it? *Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
> its name to make it more politically correct(?).
>
> Sky
>
> --
>
> Ultra Ultimate Kitchen Rule - Use the Timer!
> Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

They think it will take away all the bad thoughts about high fructose
corn syrup. It's a ruse to fool the public.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:34:21 -0500:

Begin quote
Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
its name to make it more politically correct(?).

Endquote

Since, in my opinion, there is no danger to the use of HFCS but there
may be a slight taste difference, I think people will get used to what
"Corn Sugar" means and reject it too if they wish.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:

> They think it will take away all the bad thoughts about high fructose
> corn syrup. It's a ruse to fool the public.

A simpler and equally valid name as a ruse? Okay. It is in fact sugar
made out of corn so the new name is fine. Not that the product is fine
- No sugar is to anyone who has ever had anyone diabetic or fat in their
family.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sky > wrote:

> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
> couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
> it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
> its name to make it more politically correct(?).

Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.

The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
the same kind of sugar.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2010 7:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
>> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
>> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
>> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
>> couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
>> it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
>> its name to make it more politically correct(?).

> Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
> long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
>
> The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
> corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
> the same kind of sugar.

Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2010 1:56 PM, George wrote:
> On 9/15/2010 7:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
>> In >,
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
>>> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
>>> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
>>> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
>>> couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
>>> it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
>>> its name to make it more politically correct(?).

>> Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
>> long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
>>
>> The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
>> corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
>> the same kind of sugar.
>>

> Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
> is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

This blows my mind. Honey is that only naturally occurring sweetner that
I can think of. Corn syrup is made by breaking down starch from corn
which doesn't quite fit my idea of natural. White and brown and raw
sugar ain't natural either. Am I being too much of a hardass about this?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 15, 6:16*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *Sky > wrote:
> > Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
> > be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
> > get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". *I
> > googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
> > couple to cite. *It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
> > it? *Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
> > its name to make it more politically correct(?).

> Well, it *is* corn sugar. *Corn sugar has been easily available for a
> long time. *Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
>
> The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
> corn sugar of my youth. *Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
> the same kind of sugar.

Corn sugar is a mildly sweet substance that looks like powdered sugar.
Homebrewers like myself use it to re-animate yeast so that beer will
develop carbonation in the bottle after capping it. High fructose corn
syrup is completely different stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George wrote:

> On 9/15/2010 7:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
> >> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
> >> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
> >> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
> >> couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
> >> it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
> >> its name to make it more politically correct(?).

> > Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
> > long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
> >
> > The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
> > corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
> > the same kind of sugar.
> >

> Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
> is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

Fructose *is not* "Frankensugar", and fructose most certainly does occur
naturally.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> On 9/15/2010 1:56 PM, George wrote:
> > On 9/15/2010 7:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
> >> In >,

> >> Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
> >> long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
> >>
> >> The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
> >> corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
> >> the same kind of sugar.
> >>

> > Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
> > is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

> This blows my mind. Honey is that only naturally occurring sweetner that
> I can think of. Corn syrup is made by breaking down starch from corn
> which doesn't quite fit my idea of natural. White and brown and raw
> sugar ain't natural either. Am I being too much of a hardass about this?

No, you're being ignorant about it. Sugar (sucrose) extracted from sugar
cane is certainly naturally occurring sugar, as is the sugar in maple
syrup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ranée at Arabian Knits" wrote:

> In article >,
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
> > This blows my mind. Honey is that only naturally occurring sweetner that
> > I can think of. Corn syrup is made by breaking down starch from corn
> > which doesn't quite fit my idea of natural. White and brown and raw
> > sugar ain't natural either. Am I being too much of a hardass about this?

> What about date sugar? It drips and solidifies on the dates.

Date sugar, cane sugar, maple sugar, etc. tons of entirely natural
sugars out there. If dsi's mind is blown, it aint' much of a mind...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:34:21 -0500, Sky >
wrote:

>Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
>be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
>get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar".

The only true sugar is cane sugar. I'm still mad they mine beets for
sugar.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sky" > wrote in message
> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that be'
> ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to get the
> name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I googled to
> look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a couple to
> cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't it?
> Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing its name
> to make it more politically correct(?).

I saw this elsewhere and really dislike it. I also dislike the ads where
the people act dumb and confused and then say they asked their Dr. about
HFCS only to be told that by them that the body sees it as sugar. I beg to
differ.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pete C." > wrote in message
ter.com...

> George wrote:
>>
>> On 9/15/2010 7:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
>> > In >,

>> > Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
>> > long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
>> >
>> > The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the
>> > traditional
>> > corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
>> > the same kind of sugar.
>> >

>> Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
>> is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

> Fructose *is not* "Frankensugar", and fructose most certainly does occur
> naturally.

And when it occurs naturally, it is balanced out by other sugars. The
problem occurs when you extract it and then eat it. It's very harmful for
diabetics and probably other folks as well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2010 2:49 PM, Pete C. wrote:

> dsi1 wrote:

>>> Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
>>> is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

>> This blows my mind. Honey is that only naturally occurring sweetner that
>> I can think of. Corn syrup is made by breaking down starch from corn
>> which doesn't quite fit my idea of natural. White and brown and raw
>> sugar ain't natural either. Am I being too much of a hardass about this?

> No, you're being ignorant about it. Sugar (sucrose) extracted from sugar
> cane is certainly naturally occurring sugar, as is the sugar in maple
> syrup.

Ah, you're one of those "bring out the insults early in the game" types.
Let me just log that in my database. :-) Don't these sugars have to be
concentrated and refined? What the heck is your definition of natural?
Don't these things require human intervention? Don't they require the
input of energy to produce? My guess is that you think beer is a
naturally occurring liquid. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:33:16 -0700:

>> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the
>> powers that be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned
>> -- or will soon -- to get the name "high fructose corn syrup"
>> changed to "corn sugar".

> The only true sugar is cane sugar. I'm still mad they mine
> beets for sugar.

An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
distinguish beet from cane sugar?

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 16, 8:32*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *sf *wrote *on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:33:16 -0700:
>
> >> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the
> >> powers that be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned
> >> -- or will soon -- to get the name "high fructose corn syrup"
> >> changed to "corn sugar".

> > The only true sugar is cane sugar. *I'm still mad they mine
> > beets for sugar.

> An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
> distinguish beet from cane sugar?

I can tell by looking at the package (but not by looking at the
sugar). If it says "Made in Michigan", it's beet sugar and it goes
in my cart.

Cindy Hamilton
also made in Michigan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George > wrote:

> On 9/15/2010 7:16 PM, Dan Abel wrote:

> > Well, it *is* corn sugar. Corn sugar has been easily available for a
> > long time. Home beer brewers have used it since I was a little kid.
> >
> > The difference is, HFCS is high fructose corn sugar, not the traditional
> > corn sugar of my youth. Yes, they are both corn sugar, but they aren't
> > the same kind of sugar.
> >

> Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
> is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

No, fructose is "fruit sugar'. It occurs naturally in fruit. As far as
I know, plain corn syrup (sold as Karo in the US for decades) is pure
glucose (other than the water). HFCS is simply corn syrup that has had
enzymes added to convert some of the glucose into fructose. In fact,
the corn syrup is made by adding enzymes to corn starch to convert it
into glucose. When you look at practically any fruit, the sugar in it
is a combination of sugars. For instance, apples:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

sucrose 2%
glucose 2%
fructose 6%

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/16/2010 2:51 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Pete > wrote in message
> ter.com...
>>
>> George wrote:

>>> Corn syrup is mostly glucose which is a naturally occurring sugar. HFCS
>>> is Frankensugar that doesn't occur naturally.

>> Fructose *is not* "Frankensugar", and fructose most certainly does occur
>> naturally.

> And when it occurs naturally, it is balanced out by other sugars. The
> problem occurs when you extract it and then eat it. It's very harmful for
> diabetics and probably other folks as well.

Are you saying that there is a sugar that is _not_ "very harmful for
diabetics"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:33:16 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 15:34:21 -0500, Sky >
> wrote:
>
>>Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
>>be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
>>get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar".

> The only true sugar is cane sugar. I'm still mad they mine beets for
> sugar.

i doubt the beets are happy about it, either.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ranée at Arabian Knits" schrieb :
> "James Silverton" wrote:
>
>> An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
>> distinguish beet from cane sugar?

> It behaves differently in baking, burns before it caramelizes
> properly, among other problems. This may not matter to most people who
> are just using it to sweeten their coffee, but it does make a difference.

Then you're doing something wrong. Never had sugar burn before
caramelizing. OTOH, I might have problems with cane sugar; our
sugar over here is beet sugar.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky wrote:
> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
> couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
> it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing
> its name to make it more politically correct(?).
>
> Sky

"Corn sugar" is already defined; it means dextrose.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:
> sf wrote on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:33:16 -0700:
>
>>> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the
>>> powers that be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned
>>> -- or will soon -- to get the name "high fructose corn syrup"
>>> changed to "corn sugar".

>> The only true sugar is cane sugar. I'm still mad they mine
>> beets for sugar.

> An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
> distinguish beet from cane sugar?

Beet sugar stinks. Cane sugar is odorless. They taste the same.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"J. Clarke" > wrote in message
> On 9/16/2010 2:51 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Pete > wrote in message
>> ter.com...

>>> Fructose *is not* "Frankensugar", and fructose most certainly does occur
>>> naturally.

>> And when it occurs naturally, it is balanced out by other sugars. The
>> problem occurs when you extract it and then eat it. It's very harmful
>> for
>> diabetics and probably other folks as well.

> Are you saying that there is a sugar that is _not_ "very harmful for
> diabetics"?

Sugar in and of itself is not harmful to diabetics. It's eating too many
carbs that is the problem. And yes, sugar is a carb.

HFCS has been linked to heart problems in diabetics.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote on Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:52:53 -0500:

> James Silverton wrote:

>>> The only true sugar is cane sugar. I'm still mad they mine
>>> beets for sugar.

>> An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you
>> could distinguish beet from cane sugar?
>>

> Beet sugar stinks. Cane sugar is odorless. They taste the
> same.

If I may be allowed to say so: "Prejudiced nonsense".

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Sky" > wrote in message
>> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the powers that
>> be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned -- or will soon -- to
>> get the name "high fructose corn syrup" changed to "corn sugar". I
>> googled to look for a reference but there are too many hits to select a
>> couple to cite. It's interesting that TPTB want this name change, isn't
>> it? Perhaps they wish to take the onus off of HFCS simply by changing its
>> name to make it more politically correct(?).

> I saw this elsewhere and really dislike it. I also dislike the ads where
> the people act dumb and confused and then say they asked their Dr. about
> HFCS only to be told that by them that the body sees it as sugar. I beg
> to differ.

According to my diabetic endocrinologist, the commercial is accurate: there
is no difference. Since I'm not a huge sugar ingester I don't much care
either way, I'm just throwing it out there that that is how he answered the
question when I asked him specifically about this at my appointment this
past July.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> *sf *wrote *on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:33:16 -0700:
>
> >> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the
> >> powers that be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned
> >> -- or will soon -- to get the name "high fructose corn syrup"
> >> changed to "corn sugar".

> > The only true sugar is cane sugar. *I'm still mad they mine
> > beets for sugar.

> An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
> distinguish beet from cane sugar?
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Beet sugar manufacturers will tell you that beet sugar is chemically
identical to cane sugar. And it is-- to a point. A molecule of
sucrose (table sugar) consists of a molecule of glucose bonded with a
molecule of fructose. Both cane sugar and beet sugar consist of these
sucrose molecules. The difference comes from the fact that neither
cane sugar nor beet sugar is 100% pure sucrose. It turns out that
both contain leftover fructose molecules. These extra fructose
molecules are dispersed among the sucrose molecules. Cane sugar has
a higher percentage of these extra fructose molecules than beet sugar
does. Along with the difference in the fructose content, both cane
sugar and beet sugar contain impurities that affect their flavor and
properties. I know a lot of people can't tell a difference but there
is a definite difference in flavor between cane sugar and beet sugar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "J. Clarke" > wrote in message
> > On 9/16/2010 2:51 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> "Pete > wrote in message

>>> Fructose *is not* "Frankensugar", and fructose most certainly does

occur

> >> And when it occurs naturally, it is balanced out by other sugars.

That doesn't make sense to me. HFCS is a simple mixture of fructose and
glucose, in roughly equal amounts. I haven't looked at lots of fruits,
but looked up apples for this thread. They contain, per 100g, 2g of
glucose, 2g of sucrose and 6g of fructose. That doesn't seem much
different, and certainly no better (as far as "diluting" the fructose).
What I *have* heard, is that the fructose in fruit is "balanced" by the
fiber. What I have personally observed, is that if we buy a box of
oranges, people eat only one. When my son has a large container of
orange juice in front of him, he can easily drink two large glasses of
it (32 oz). That's a big load of sugar.

> >> The
> >> problem occurs when you extract it and then eat it. It's very harmful
> >> for
> >> diabetics and probably other folks as well.

> > Are you saying that there is a sugar that is _not_ "very harmful for
> > diabetics"?

> Sugar in and of itself is not harmful to diabetics. It's eating too many
> carbs that is the problem. And yes, sugar is a carb.
>
> HFCS has been linked to heart problems in diabetics.

I'd be curious about this. What is it in the HFCS that is linked? If
it is fructose, how is that different than regular sugar (sucrose),
which is also roughly equal amounts of fructose and glucose?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:32:09 -0400, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

> sf wrote on Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:33:16 -0700:
>
>>> Recently while listening to late night radio, I heard 'the
>>> powers that be' ('TPTB', whoever they are?!) have petitioned
>>> -- or will soon -- to get the name "high fructose corn syrup"
>>> changed to "corn sugar".

>> The only true sugar is cane sugar. I'm still mad they mine
>> beets for sugar.

>An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
>distinguish beet from cane sugar?

Sheesh! You want logic too? Ask the people who think the only true
Coke is made from cane sugar.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 06:09:18 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>If it says "Made in Michigan", it's beet sugar and it goes
>in my cart.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>also made in Michigan

Support the home team!

sf
also made in Michigan

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 23:55:35 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>My guess is that you think beer is a naturally occurring liquid. :-)

OMG! It's not?

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 17, 9:11*pm, Wayne Boatwright >
wrote:
> On Thu 16 Sep 2010 06:09:18a, Cindy Hamilton told us...
>

> > On Sep 16, 8:32*am, "James Silverton" <not.jim.silver...

> @verizon.net>
> > wrote:

> beets

> >> An interesting definition; perhaps you could say how you could
> >> distinguish beet from cane sugar?

> > I can tell by looking at the package (but not by looking at the
> > sugar). *If it says "Made in Michigan", it's beet sugar and it goes
> > in my cart.

> > Cindy Hamilton
> > also made in Michigan

> Did you keep a list of who made you in Michigan? :-)

<snork>

Cindy