Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default introducing myself

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
(sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
down)
have a GREAT day
Jaclyn
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Jaclyn > wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> down)
> have a GREAT day
> Jaclyn

Welcome from me, too!

Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jaclyn wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> down)
> have a GREAT day
> Jaclyn

Welcome. There are some really special, helpful folks on this newsgroup
and you will learn a lot. There is also a bunch of non-food related
stuff that goes on, but that's typical for any Usenet group so don't let
it scare you off.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 11:24*am, Jaclyn > wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> down)
> have a GREAT day
> Jaclyn

Welcome aboard. Tell us what tools you can't be without - I like to
hear stuff like that.

Favorite dish to make?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 11:24*am, Jaclyn > wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> down)
> have a GREAT day
> Jaclyn

just be sure to kiss omlete's ass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 12:09*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Jaclyn > wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
> > in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> > coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> > (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> > othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> > thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> > it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> > delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> > I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> > suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> > down)
> > have a GREAT day
> > Jaclyn

> Welcome from me, too!
>
> Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
j/lnghlm? There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
never remember what they call themselves.... LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jaclyn" > wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> down)
> have a GREAT day
> Jaclyn

Run. Run while you can. Run LIKE THE WIND.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nfw nfw is offline

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:36:17 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>On Jun 18, 12:09*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>>
>> *Jaclyn > wrote:
>> > Hello everyone,
>> > I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
>> > in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
>> > coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
>> > (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
>> > othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
>> > thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
>> > it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
>> > delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
>> > I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
>> > suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
>> > down)
>> > have a GREAT day
>> > Jaclyn

>> Welcome from me, too!
>>
>> Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.
>>
>> --
>> Dan Abel
>> Petaluma, California USA
>>

>Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
>j/lnghlm? There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
>never remember what they call themselves.... LOL.
>
>N.

start with the cabal. you and food slop are members right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Jun 18, 12:09*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Jaclyn > wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > I just wanted to quickly introduce myself.

> > Welcome from me, too!
> >
> > Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.

> Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
> j/lnghlm? There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
> never remember what they call themselves.... LOL.

The trollops! Damsel is the head trollop.

And whatayuhmean "we"? I know nothing of any of this!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose In Love wrote:
> On Jun 18, 11:24 am, > wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
>> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
>> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
>> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
>> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
>> thing)<grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
>> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
>> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
>> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
>> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
>> down)
>> have a GREAT day
>> Jaclyn
>>

> just be sure to kiss omlete's ass.

The perpetual poster?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Baraclough wrote:
> The message
> >
> from Nancy2 > contains these words:
>
>> On Jun 18, 12:09 pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
>>> In article

>>> Welcome from me, too!
>>>
>>> Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dan Abel
>>> Petaluma, California USA
>>>

>> Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
>> j/lnghlm? There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
>> never remember what they call themselves.... LOL.

> Fortunately for Jaclyn, she's qualified to join the far more exclusive
> and upmarket J group.
>
> Janet.

Hooray for J!

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 08:24:08 -0700 (PDT), Jaclyn
> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
>in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
>coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
>(sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
>othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
>thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
>it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
>delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
>I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
>suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
>down)
>have a GREAT day
>Jaclyn

Hi Jaclyn,

Nice to meet you and welcome to the group

There are a lot of very knowledgable people here... but I'm not one of
them. Not yet anyway .

Whilst I have long been knowledgable (IMO) when it comes to health and
nutrition, it's only been in the past year that I've begun to make an
extra effort in my cooking. I think it was Julia Child who inspired me
to take things to another level... I watched a DVD of her old shows
and it all clicked for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>> Welcome from me, too!
>> Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.

> Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
> j/lnghlm? There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
> never remember what they call themselves.... LOL.

You forgot Mafia. Hi Jaclyn!

--
ViLco
and the Family Stone

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 7:35*pm, Larry > wrote:
> A Moose In Love wrote:
>
> > On Jun 18, 11:24 am, > *wrote:

> >> Hello everyone,
> >> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
> >> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> >> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> >> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> >> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> >> thing)<grin> *I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> >> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> >> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> >> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> >> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> >> down)
> >> have a GREAT day
> >> Jaclyn

> > just be sure to kiss omlete's ass.

> The perpetual poster?

Look...its Larry the asswipe douchebag.......... Kissing Mooses ass,
again.......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
A Moose In Love > wrote:

> On Jun 18, 11:24*am, Jaclyn > wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> > I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
> > in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> > coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> > (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> > othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> > thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> > it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> > delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> > I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> > suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> > down)
> > have a GREAT day
> > Jaclyn

> just be sure to kiss omlete's ass.

Bite me Moosie! ;-)

I'd also like to extend a welcome to Jaclyn.
I hope you can overlook some of the more toxic posters...

OB food:

Leftover smoked pork chop smothered in fresh chopped tomato, sliced
olives, LOTS of fresh sliced basil leaf, one 4oz can of tomato paste,
lemon pepper and salt to taste.

Remaining sauce mixed with green beans and oyster mushrooms.

I also roasted a few lbs. of chicken drumsticks in the toaster oven for
dad for the next couple of days spiced with onion powder, granulated
garlic and lemon pepper and will steam him a lb. of carrots today to go
with them. Those will be treated lightly with olive oil and dill weed.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Larry > wrote:

> A Moose In Love wrote:
> > On Jun 18, 11:24 am, > wrote:
> >
> >> Hello everyone,
> >> I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn, I live
> >> in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> >> coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> >> (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> >> othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> >> thing)<grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> >> it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> >> delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> >> I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> >> suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> >> down)
> >> have a GREAT day
> >> Jaclyn
> >>

> > just be sure to kiss omlete's ass.
> >

> The perpetual poster?

I've barely posted over the past 3 days! No time. There were over 700
messages last night and I fell asleep in the middle of them so am still
not caught up.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-06-18, PL > wrote:

> Welcome ma'am........ even though you're a Google Groups poster.

Despite her being a GG poster, I put her in my positive score section,
which comes before one's KF score section, so I will see her while
still still killing all GG posts. If you have a good newsreader, you
can do the same.

Hi Jaclyn. Sorry to interject technical mumbo-jumbo prior to
addressing you. You'll no doubt learn about it, later. In the
meantime, jump right in and join the discussion. Where in the
Midwest?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Nancy2 > wrote:

> On Jun 18, 12:09*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *Jaclyn > wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. *My name is Jaclyn, I live
> > > in the midwest of USA - I absolutely love cooking - and am always
> > > coming up with some great (and some "nose turning up") - concoctions
> > > (sometimes I remember to write down what I put into them and
> > > othertimes .... oh well - trial/error and experimenting is the best
> > > thing) <grin> I have been a WAHM now for over 10 years and LOVE it as
> > > it allows me the freedom to be at home with my 5 "dear and
> > > delightfuls" who are always under my feet :-)
> > > I look forward to getting to know you all, trying out some of your
> > > suggestions and sharing some of the recipes that (I remember to write
> > > down)
> > > have a GREAT day
> > > Jaclyn

> > Welcome from me, too!
> >
> > Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.
> >
> > --
> > Dan Abel
> > Petaluma, California USA
> >

> Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
> j/lnghlm? There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
> never remember what they call themselves.... LOL.
>
> N.

I am NOT a trollop, thank you very much! My mom wouldn't let me!

BTW, I had a Maid-Rite yesterday. Underwhelming. I plan to give them
another shot, though. I think it was the vendor.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
On June 25, celebrating 65 years of annoying people.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:22:53 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:28:08 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
>>
>> .

>> >The trollops! Damsel is the head trollop.
>> >
>> >And whatayuhmean "we"? I know nothing of any of this!

>> And y'all forgot the Floozies.

>Whatever we do, we can't tell her about the Mounties!

Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
wiggling...)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 19, 8:38*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:22:53 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
> >In article >,
> > Christine Dabney > wrote:

> >> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:28:08 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

> >> .

> >> And y'all forgot the Floozies.

> >Whatever we do, we can't tell her about the Mounties!

> Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
> the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
> wiggling...)

I guess if he'd been out on the Nunavut tundra for long enough, just
him and Horse, Dudley Doright would be willing to *mount* just about
anything on two legs.

> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:38:24 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:22:53 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
> >
> >Whatever we do, we can't tell her about the Mounties!

> Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
> the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
> wiggling...)

That's not cheating. She needs a good lure when she's trolling for a
Mountie! What do you use, a sports car?

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-06-20, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Studies who that only 7.8% of people who introduce themselves ever
> return, and only 32.1% of those are active a month later(*).

Do I know you?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> and you will learn a lot. There is also a bunch of non-food related
> stuff that goes on, but that's typical for any Usenet group

Not so much. I look at a bunch that stay on topic. Posts are civil,
too.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
On June 25, celebrating 65 years of annoying people.
Shop early and shop often. Good gin and cheap chocolate preferred.
Or cash. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 5:28*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Nancy2 > wrote:
> > On Jun 18, 12:09*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> > > In article

> > > Welcome from me, too!

> > > Hope you get lots of good ideas here, and give us lots in return.

> > Shall we tell her about the A group, the B group, the Cabal (TINC) and
> > j/lnghlm? *There's also that group of Damsel, Barb & friends but I can
> > never remember what they call themselves.... *LOL.

> The trollops! *Damsel is the head trollop.
>
> And whatayuhmean "we"? *I know nothing of any of this!
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Yeah, trollops. I can never remember that name! And I didn't even
get into the Elbonians, who seem to have been forgotten this
year....sad for crying.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:39:54 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:38:24 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:22:53 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>>>Whatever we do, we can't tell her about the Mounties!

>>Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
>>the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
>>wiggling...)
>>
>>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>Ahhh...what was his name? Something Tim...I seem to remember. I
>remember all this, I think. Constable Tim? Now it is going to bug
>me...

Constable Tim.

>Better put something in the header to alert Nancy...

Heck, no! If there's a mountie in the viewing audience and he
replies...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 07:40:10 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Well, we used to be civil, at one time. I can remember the days when
>there was no name calling, and if someone disagreed with you, they
>did so politely and discussed why, in a very civil tone. Would love
>to see that again.

Christine, I've been posting here since about '94 and there are been
some *stupendous* flame fests then, now and in the intervening 16
years. Screaming matches. Bare knuckle fighting. This ng was only
periodically and sporadically civil.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:14:00 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:38:24 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 18:22:53 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
>> >
>> >Whatever we do, we can't tell her about the Mounties!

>> Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
>> the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
>> wiggling...)
>>

>That's not cheating. She needs a good lure when she's trolling for a
>Mountie! What do you use, a sports car?

<snort!> Nah. Canadian bacon :-)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> I started going back through a lot of the posts made in those early
> years of when I was here, and there was nothing like it is now. The
> screaming matches were very tame compared to now... And I swear I
> can't find posts where people were calling each other names like they
> are now.

I used to see some of that. Then I started using filters.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:14:00 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:38:24 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> > wrote:

> >> Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
> >> the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
> >> wiggling...)
> >>

> >That's not cheating. She needs a good lure when she's trolling for a
> >Mountie! What do you use, a sports car?

> <snort!> Nah. Canadian bacon :-)

I've heard a lot of names for that part of the female anatomy, but this
is the first time I've heard it referred to as "Canadian bacon"!

I can hear it now, "Hey squeaks, look at that cute guy over there, why
doncha sashay over there and shake your Canadian bacon at him, and see
if he bites!".

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:40:48 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Christine Dabney wrote:
>

>> I started going back through a lot of the posts made in those early
>> years of when I was here, and there was nothing like it is now. The
>> screaming matches were very tame compared to now... And I swear I
>> can't find posts where people were calling each other names like they
>> are now.
>>

>I used to see some of that. Then I started using filters.

Exactly. If you get rid of a few trouble makers it's much nicer to
read. There's people in RL I ignore or avoid so doing it here makes
sense too. I'll occasionally be drawn into a ****ing match but for
the most part it's just to draining and takes time away from why I
started reading here in the first place.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

>> I used to see some of that. Then I started using filters.

> As have I... I never used to use killfiles on authors, just subjects.
> That has changed within the last year or so especially.
>
> There are actually 7 in my author killfiles. That is unusual for me.:-(

Looking back through your recent posts I would say that it looks like
you care filtering some of the same authors I am though you have replied
a few times to one who was one of the originals in mine. I only have
6 of the regulars in my "idiots" filter, but then there is one
who has his own filter. That one filters him by several names, and by
topic.

In another news group I had filters set up for two authors only at
first. Both kept name shifting. They were so desperate for attention
that they kept name shifting. They were successful in getting the
attention they so childishly craved and attracted a group of detractors.
After a while I ended up filtering out all those who were there only to
attack those two. Eventually I just gave up and left the group.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 21, 9:38*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:39:54 -0700, Christine Dabney
>

> > wrote:
> >On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:38:24 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> > wrote:

> >>Whatchoo talkin' about? That's strictly between Nancy2 and moi. We are
> >>the resident Mountie hunters hereabouts! (And she cheats with her rump
> >>wiggling...)

> >>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

> >Ahhh...what was his name? * Something Tim...I seem to remember. *I
> >remember all this, I think. * Constable Tim? *Now it is going to bug
> >me... *

> Constable Tim.
>

> >Better put something in the header to alert Nancy... *

> Heck, no! If there's a mountie in the viewing audience and he
> replies...
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>
> --
>
> "If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
> if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
> and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
> it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"- Hide quoted text -

I haven't heard from Constable Tim in forever and a day - I did send
him an e-mail a while ago, and it didn't bounce, but I didn't get a
response. I would guess that he's probably retired from the Mounties.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/22/2010 12:54 AM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> Terry Pulliam > wrote:
>
>> Christine, I've been posting here since about '94 and there are been
>> some *stupendous* flame fests then, now and in the intervening 16
>> years. Screaming matches. Bare knuckle fighting. This ng was only
>> periodically and sporadically civil.
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>>

> '96 here... and I agree.<g>
> Imho the interpersonal interactions are part of what makes it so Real.

It was '96 for me, according to a Google search. I posted before then
but I can not recall my email address. I remember flame wars that would
last for a couple of weeks. At times, this group was much busier than
it is now. I had a hard time reading all of the messages.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> >
> >> I used to see some of that. Then I started using filters.

> > As have I... I never used to use killfiles on authors, just subjects.
> > That has changed within the last year or so especially.
> >
> > There are actually 7 in my author killfiles. That is unusual for me.:-(

> Looking back through your recent posts I would say that it looks like
> you care filtering some of the same authors I am though you have replied
> a few times to one who was one of the originals in mine. I only have
> 6 of the regulars in my "idiots" filter, but then there is one
> who has his own filter. That one filters him by several names, and by
> topic.

I know that there are a couple of people that I get along with that are
filtered by others. <g> I understand...

> In another news group I had filters set up for two authors only at
> first. Both kept name shifting. They were so desperate for attention
> that they kept name shifting. They were successful in getting the
> attention they so childishly craved and attracted a group of detractors.
> After a while I ended up filtering out all those who were there only to
> attack those two. Eventually I just gave up and left the group.

I know the feeling. Even one bad troll can ruin a good group. That's
what happened to the weight lifting group I used to frequent.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:58:30 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>I've heard a lot of names for that part of the female anatomy, but this
>is the first time I've heard it referred to as "Canadian bacon"!
>
>I can hear it now, "Hey squeaks, look at that cute guy over there, why
>doncha sashay over there and shake your Canadian bacon at him, and see
>if he bites!".

An' what makes you think I was referring to anatomy, hmmmm? Perhaps I
was merely going to put some Canadian bacon on a hook and dangle it in
front of the first available Mountie. Everyone know the Mounties
always get their ham...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd - ducking and running

Introducing myself Anj Preserving 16 14-07-2009 08:52 PM
Introducing Myself... Lupine Predator Barbecue 11 08-07-2008 04:24 PM
Introducing myself : ANN D.L.[_2_] Preserving 7 02-07-2007 04:37 AM
New Member - Introducing myself Gabbygurrl General Cooking 34 23-02-2007 05:22 PM
Introducing the First Virtual Tea-Salon Conde-do-Cha Tea 0 25-11-2003 11:38 PM