Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KitchenAidŽ 4-pc. Prep Bowl Set

I have this: http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 7:31*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> I have this: *http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

I have that set in that color and yes, they are microwave safe. It
states it on the box.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 7:31*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> I have this: *http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

I reread your post and that's strange, because my box did in fact
state they were microwavable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> I have this: http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

Put the meat in a plastic bag and submerge it in cool water. Change the
water a couple times. I bet you'll have more satisfactory results than
if you try to defrost in a microwave unless your microwave actually
reduces its power output on the defrost cycle, rather than simply
pulsing at full power.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 14, 7:20*am, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > I have this: *http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> > It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> > whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> > microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

> Put the meat in a plastic bag and submerge it in cool water. *Change the
> water a couple times...snippers

Another defrost way to prepare for when freezing meats: Especially
freeze ground meats into flat forms so as to defrost quickest, still
in freezer bag, when laid atop the bottom on an over-turned iron fry
pan.
....Picky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 8:59*pm, itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
> On Jun 13, 7:31*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > I have this: *http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> > It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> > whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> > microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

> I have that set in that color and yes, they are microwave safe. *It
> states it on the box.

I have that set, too. It's microwave safe, but you really do not want
to defrost meat in the microwave oven. It starts to cook partially...
makes a weird texture.

If you're in a hurry, I have found that setting the frozen meat, still
wrapped, on an aluminum surface, such as on top of a hard anodized
aluminum skillet turned upside down, it defrosts within an hour. Just
flip the skillet over and set the frozen meat on top (off the stove!).
turn it every 10-15 minutes so it defrosts evenly. It will work inside
the pan, too, but more slowly because of the non-stick coating. It's
faster if it's in direct contact with the aluminum surface. There is
something about Aluminum, it's such a good conducter of heat, it sucks
the cold right out of the meat or something. I don't know the science
behind it. I just know it works!

Once the meat is thawed sufficiently to get it unwrapped, you can
remove the wrapping and sit it directly on the pan. It will save a few
minutes in the process.

The meat will thaw enough to get pieces apart in about 30-45 minutes.
If it's ground beef, you will be able to pull it apart to season it--
the center will still be partially frozen but the warmth from your
hands will finish defrosting it. THen mix and use as you wish.

I use this method all the time. It works nicely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 14, 11:30*am, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> On Jun 14, 7:20*am, Melba's Jammin' >
> wrote:> In article
> > >,
> > *Manda Ruby > wrote:

> > > I have this: *http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> > > It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> > > whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> > > microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

> > Put the meat in a plastic bag and submerge it in cool water. *Change the
> > water a couple times...snippers

> Another defrost way to prepare for when freezing meats: *Especially
> freeze ground meats into flat forms so as to defrost quickest, still
> in freezer bag, when laid atop the bottom on an over-turned iron fry
> pan.
> ...Picky

oh, Iron works too? Ok. I know aluminum works. That's good to know.
Remember a few years ago, they sold these slaps of aluminum to defrost
foods on? One of those informercials where everyone looks befuddled by
the simplest of things, until this new "System" comes along that will
change your life forever. Well, the thing worked. The problem with it
is, people realized they'd get the same results with a skillet they
already had, and once the meat was thawed out, they just rinsed the
bottom and cooked it in the same pan!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Catmandy (Sheryl)" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oh, Iron works too? Ok. I know aluminum works. >That's good to know.

Anything big works. My stone counters do a fabulous job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:20:07 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article
>,
> Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
>> I have this: http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
>> It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
>> whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
>> microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

>Put the meat in a plastic bag and submerge it in cool water. Change the
>water a couple times. I bet you'll have more satisfactory results than
>if you try to defrost in a microwave unless your microwave actually
>reduces its power output on the defrost cycle, rather than simply
>pulsing at full power.

Those are nice, for me they evoke a surgeon's breast enhancement
palette.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 6:00*pm, itsjoannotjoann > wrote:
> On Jun 13, 7:31*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > I have this: *http://tinyurl.com/24xl3w6
> > It doesn't say on the box that it is microwave safe but I am wondering
> > whether it would be ok to put some meat ain it and thaw in the
> > microwave using "defrost" setting. Any comment?

> I reread your post and that's strange, because my box did in fact
> state they were microwavable.

I remember looking for that pharse diligently and not seeing it when I
saw it at Ross. I bought it anyway because I had my mind set on bying
it the firt time I saw it online, willing to pay that online price. at
Ross, I got it for $6.99. I'll assume that it's microwave safe.

BTW, thanks everyone for the tips on defrosting. Whe I deforst, if I
didn't have it taken out ahead (which I reaely do these days), I use
the microwave feature, I enter the weight info anout .5 -.75 lb less
than the actual weight. Then I just let it sit while I prep other
stuff. I will try using the aluminum approach by letting the bowl
that the meat pack contin sits on it. I guess the bowl cannot be
stainless steel. I don't see how I'd place the eat packet directly on
it. Some meat juice would need to be cleaned up, an extra step for
me because when I seet meat juice, I visualize the colonies of
microbes.

tax prep rosie[_1_] General Cooking 66 21-06-2012 07:03 AM
Best Food Processor or Bowl Cutter (Bowl Copper) for home use. Markus Cooking Equipment 1 31-05-2007 01:31 PM
Right size : Prep Bowl size wff_ng_7 Cooking Equipment 1 18-05-2007 03:40 PM
Right size : Prep Bowl size pltrgyst[_1_] Cooking Equipment 2 18-05-2007 03:10 AM