Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Right size : Prep Bowl size

On Thu, 17 May 2007 22:49:40 +0000 (UTC), Drew Cutter > wrote:

>What is a good size for prep bowls ? Depends on what your are
>preparing ? What size is good for multiple ingredients when you are
>preparing a meal ?

Ummm, it depends on how many you're cooking for, and how much of each ingredient
is needed. There is no one answer. I have stacks of four different sizes of
glass prep dishes, and I still have to break out something larger now and then.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Fri, 18 May 2007 00:20:36 +0000 (UTC), Drew Cutter
> wrote:

>>> What is a good size for prep bowls ? Depends on what your are
>>> preparing ? What size is good for multiple ingredients when you are
>>> preparing a meal ?

>> Ummm, it depends on how many you're cooking for, and how much of each ingredient
>> is needed. There is no one answer. I have stacks of four different sizes of
>> glass prep dishes, and I still have to break out something larger now and then.

>I may cook up to 12 people. How many are in a stack ?

Mine are stacks of eight. But that's not useful for anyone else.
Cooking for up to 12 people, you could need anything from 1.5" bowls
for a spice to multi-quart bowls for chopped onions, for example. No
one else can guess what your needs will be.

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.equipment
KW KW is offline

"Drew Cutter" > wrote in message

> pltrgyst wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 May 2007 22:49:40 +0000 (UTC), Drew Cutter

> wrote:
> >
> >> What is a good size for prep bowls ? Depends on what your are
> >> preparing ? What size is good for multiple ingredients when you are
> >> preparing a meal ?

> > Ummm, it depends on how many you're cooking for, and how much of each

ingredient
> > is needed. There is no one answer. I have stacks of four different sizes

of
> > glass prep dishes, and I still have to break out something larger now

and then.

> > -- Larry

> I may cook up to 12 people. How many are in a stack ?

If you are going to cook 12 people, you will need several really BIG bowls!
<G>

KW